Kgo Setup

whats up everybody! my first post on any fourm anywhere. so total noob . been vaping for about 4 months and its saved my life. im curently rockin the 1100mah kgo with a dual coil carto tank and its kickin some @$$! just wondering if there is anything out there that would rock my socks even more. ive tried a vision clearomizer but it didnt do it for me. dont know if the batt was underpowered or what. i also like the smoktech XL dual coil cartos... really want an ego twist but do i need to get a diff charger for it? other than my kgo charger? thanks for any knowledge you could drop on me!

yes you will need a different charger. eGo and kGo have the same threading but are different types of batteries, one is regulated (ego) one is unregulated (kgo), so different chargers. a standard joye eGo charger is what you need for the twist.

lr dual coil carto's are one of the best setups you can run (for v/t/f and convenience) on a kGo. so really, there's other stuff you can try, but "knock your socks off", unlikely. lol. but i still recommending trying alot. just so that you can really find your sweet spot.

good luck in your spending and vaping, and welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum, kgoalltheway! Four months! That's just awesome. I love the XL dc cartos. Feel free to ask as many questions as you like. Lately, my favorite has been the lr306 atomizers, but I still use cartos for convenience (no dripping and driving here). What are you vaping?

@blu, regulated and unregulated... whats the diff? (besides the "un" lol) any pros and cons?

@breal, got my kgo with 1.5ohm dct and im not very adventurous in flavors lol. i mainly stick to a nice tobacco and vanilla. currently i got a turkish blend n vanilla in one and the other i got usa favorite and vanilla. all from awesomevapor.com. i like juices to be like a nice cigar or the sweet grandpa pipe tobacco

an eGo for example is regulated to 3.3v. that means that from the first hit you take, till the very last hit you take it stays at a constant 3.3v

a kGo on the other hand is unregulated. fresh off the charger (fully charged) it measures in at about 4.1-4.2v. since it is unregulated it works it's way down in voltage till it dies usually a bit under 3.7v.

306 is the model number. same with 510, 808, 901 etc...

each number usually has it's own thread pattern, but that's not always the case.

for example 808 and 901 threads are the exact same.

306 and 510 threads are the exact same.

however, just because they have the same thread pattern does not always mean they will fire on the same threaded device. example not every 901 atty/carto will fire on every 808 battery even though they might on some.

• 2 weeks later...

so i got a 306 atty but i forgot to get the drip tip :wallbash: but i do have a question. there seems to be a plastic divider with a hole in the middle. is that supposed to be there? i looked at the drip tips and it seems like it would direct the juice thru the hole and slowly drip the juice into the atty. is that the case or did i get sold somthing different?

ok i guess i should of researched it a tad but i found that the atty is protected by the plastic sleeve... :wallbash: please disregard previous post^^^

lol! Don't feel bad.. quite a few of us made the same mistake.

awesome! will deff try em out! one othr question. if you know, why they call em 306?

306 is the model number. same with 510, 808, 901 etc...

each number usually has it's own thread pattern, but that's not always the case.

for example 808 and 901 threads are the exact same.

306 and 510 threads are the exact same.

however, just because they have the same thread pattern does not always mean they will fire on the same threaded device. example not every 901 atty/carto will fire on every 808 battery even though they might on some.

I guess there's a new model number atty, or maybe it's old and I just heard of it. It's a 307. Looks like a 306, no idea why or what the difference is.

they need to keep it simple! lol. question, i heard that de wicking and de bridgeing standard 510 attys improves the flavor and vapor productions, would it do the same for the 306? or should i just leave it be?

so i got my 306 drip tip and put it on my kgo and it gets HOT real quick... like after 2 drags. my twist is on the charger right not but i think ill try it on that cranked all the way down to 3.2v i hope that helps cuz i like the flavor of the 306. and im starting to like drippin at home so i hope the twist would reduce the heat problem...

been hittin it bout twice and puttin it down and grabbin my tank setup while the 306 cools off. i only just started drippin so im findin my rhythm... but good to know they do get hot and i didnt get a dud...