Taste And Th Kind Of Petering Out...what's Up?

MadKat

So...I'm using my KGO (fully charged) and a fresh xl dual coil cartomizer along with my favorite 18 mg peppermint ice cream juice. I'm noticing I'm just NOT getting the satisfaction from vaping that I was a few days ago! Very little throat hit. I have to take a couple of primer draws before getting to the real draw and a warm, sorta satisfying hit. What's wrong?!?

Yeah I would get some boge 2ohm cartos or 1.7 resurectors. I know a lot of people swear by dcc on ego type batteries but they don't do it for me u less they are around 5 volts. What you have to remember is you are making a 3.7v battery push 2 coils at 4ohms each to get to 2 ohms(or whatever your ohms are). 3.7 volts doesn't push enough power to get the most out of a dcc IMO.

sent from my ice cream sandwiched Samsung fascinate

I agree with Bob. What pg/vg are you vaping as well? I use both Boges and smoktechs on my ego setups & my P+10440 and get plenty of th/vapor. Smoktech also makes a 2.0 LR that performs better than the Boges of late. Smoktech on my p+425764a3-0d7d-9798.jpg

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

Edited by bamsbbq

know what? I didn't notice this til you asked, but the vg content IS higher than my normal amount that I order...I usually vape 70/30 pg/vg and didn't even notice that I'd made a mistake on my order!

without a multimeter you'll never know the true ohm measurement of a carto, most the time a 2.0 or 1.5 ohm carto is not actually a 1.5 or 2.0 you have to give or take at least .2ohms which can make a big difference in the warmth, th, and vapor production of a carto.

70/30 is a good pg/vg mix in my opinion. That's as high as I ever go with vg. More than that tends to shorten the life of the atty/carto and takes away from the flavor. Alcohol or water is sometimes used for high vg mixes but pg is so much better in my opinion. I make my own juice usually with about 20%vg and no added water or alcohol and I get really good vapor, TH and flavor.

Some cartos can't even handle the thick juice. If you have a bottle of that and your having problems, just use that juice for direct dripping. You could try to thin it out with a little pure grain alcohol, water or pg but unless you add more flavor and nicotine you will have a diluted version of what you have now.

Edited by Mike

I've been experimenting a little and have discovered I like the higher pg content too...didn't mean to order that mix. UGH! That's what happens when I'm ordering on the way out the door and in a hurry! Fabulous...I ordered 30 ml of juice that isn't right...AGAIN!

1.5 is too low IMHO. Your little ego batteries are working overtime. 60/40 for me makes a big difference compare to 80/20 or even 70/30.

OMG!!! I just reviewed my last order and I did it again...70 vg 30 pg. WTH is WRONG with me!? I'm miserable atm :'( All that juice I just bought and was looking forward to is going to be a waste.

OMG!!! I just reviewed my last order and I did it again...70 vg 30 pg. WTH is WRONG with me!? I'm miserable atm :'( All that juice I just bought and was looking forward to is going to be a waste.

lol! Too funny. Been there. If you just placed your order.. email them to see if they can correct the mistake.

not a.waste really. When I first started vaping I made.the same mistake. I measured out two flavors that I knew would go together. 3 ml chocolate 3 ml coffee and mixed. Got.me through until I could pick up more liquid.

You will also notice on your 1.5 carto the vape is great when the battery is fresh off the charger. Your battery is working hard and in my opinion DC cartos are not suited for an ego.

not a.waste really. When I first started vaping I made.the same mistake. I measured out two flavors that I knew would go together. 3 ml chocolate 3 ml coffee and mixed. Got.me through until I could pick up more liquid.

You will also notice on your 1.5 carto the vape is great when the battery is fresh off the charger. Your battery is working hard and in my opinion DC cartos are not suited for an ego.

yes..the battery dies out very quickly.

ALL of the juice I have now and what's in the mail is WRONG...so I just ordered one more freakin' bottle from TVR and HEC062 Boge 2.0ohm LR 510 cartomizers 5 pack....and made sure alllll the numbers in the little boxes were correct. JEESH! Anyone have an opinion of the flavor of the week Creme de Menthe?

Edited by MadKat

i noticed recently with dual coils you have to keep it super saturated, i guess to feed liquid to both the coils. i been using 1.5 at 3.7 and 2.0 at 5v and they been producing about equal vapor (slightly noticably more vapor than single coil). not so sure about the xl ones, i use the shorty smoketech dcc's. i do know from experience higher VG eliquid kind of sucks in cartomizers, its supposed to produce more vapor because of the VG, but I think it has something to do with the more viscious eliquid not reaching the coils as quick as PG so i end up with less vapor. I notice i get more vapor with 50/50 mix than a 100pg mix, but when i went to 70vg/30pg mix the vapor was much less than my 50/50

I no how you feel.

I ordered 2 e-cig starter packs for myself and a friend in a hurry on my iPhone.

My iPhone very nicely changed my address from Alver rd to Albert rd which is an Indian restaurant been there twice now and apparently it's never arrived.

So that's me down £55

I won't be rushing an order again 😁

I no how you feel.

I ordered 2 e-cig starter packs for myself and a friend in a hurry on my iPhone.

My iPhone very nicely changed my address from Alver rd to Albert rd which is an Indian restaurant been there twice now and apparently it's never arrived.

So that's me down £55

I won't be rushing an order again

That IS a bummer! :(

You are much better off with a 70PG/30VG mix in your carto than a 60PG/40VG. Isn't that what you have coming... the 70/30? When I used cartos exclusively I would actually vape 100% PG most of the time... then I started tossing in enough VG for an 80/20 ratio, and that worked great for me. Cartos simply prefer the thinner juices... just the way it is and how they work the best.

You are much better off with a 70PG/30VG mix in your carto than a 60PG/40VG. Isn't that what you have coming... the 70/30? When I used cartos exclusively I would actually vape 100% PG most of the time... then I started tossing in enough VG for an 80/20 ratio, and that worked great for me. Cartos simply prefer the thinner juices... just the way it is and how they work the best.

My cartos prefer 100% VG and work just fine. Only difference is they take an extra couple of minutes to fill. I get about a week out of them and top em off every house or so to keep em nice and wet.

You can get any juice to work fine in a car to...unless you're a n00b :p

sent from my ice cream sandwiched Samsung fascinate