Roll Your Own E-Juice? ;-)

You do it and I will edit it for you !!! Would be great to have a recipe book.

Just found a nice free liquid calculator on my phone(android)...eliquid recipe manager---composted chaos. can use up to 5 flavors.

Ok here is what I've got so far.......What else am I going to need (except of course my flavors & plastic gloves!)

2 - Amber Glass Bottles

(Bottle Size: 15ml, Cap: Dropper Cap)

1 - Syringe with 18ga Needle

(Size: 10ml)

1 - UnFlavored Nicotine Smoke Juice E-Liquid

(Size: 60ml, Strength: 48mg, PG/VG Mix: 100% PG)

1 - USP Grade Vegetable Glycerin

(Size: 125ml)

It's always nice to have a lot of empty bottles. I use 15ml bottles also. I usualy mix up a 3-5ml sample the first time I try a new flavor and make note of the ratios. When I get a keeper I multiply everything and make 10ml more to put in the bottle. Label them and keep notes so you can recreate them or tweek and improve. I use a 10ml syringe a lot especially when making 10mls or more but on some strong flavors I still count drops. Some tobacco flavors only need about 5 drops or less to flavor a 10ml batch. Other flavors will take 20% which is 2ml of a 10ml. Whether you"re using 1 flavor or a combination, the flavoring doesn't usually exceed 25% but there are some exceptions, after all the non-flavor ingredient in flavoring is usually PG but some are more concentrated than others.

Sounds like all you need is some flavorings and you're gonna be a mixing monster like me. Just don't cross contaminate your flavorings and make sure you realize the end strength of nic in mix. Any questions and there's lots of help here.

One other thing you might want is PG with no nic. Say you're making 10ml tobacco flavor at 24mg. You would use 5ml of 48mg unflavored, a few drops of tobacco flavoring which ain't much, and you need to make up for almost 5ml. I only use about 10% VG so there's 1ml and the other 4 I would use PG-no nic.

ya, like mike said. 3ml bottles are very, very useful. PG is always good to have on hand.

sounds like you are off to a really good start.

I don't use the glass bottles, but that is personal preference.

I recently ordered some tobacco flavors from ecigexpress, dark vapure, cowboy, maxxblend, and desert ship.

they taste real good its a different world fromt he fruit flavors im used to. I ordered some "M-TYPE" (Premium) from goodprophets a while back, and dropped some of those to mix with the new tobacco flavors I received, boy it makes a world of a difference in flavor.

I recently ordered some tobacco flavors from ecigexpress, dark vapure, cowboy, maxxblend, and desert ship.

they taste real good its a different world fromt he fruit flavors im used to. I ordered some "M-TYPE" (Premium) from goodprophets a while back, and dropped some of those to mix with the new tobacco flavors I received, boy it makes a world of a difference in flavor.

I have 3 of those flavors and also Cuban Supreme, Cumarin Pipe, Perique Black and Regular Tobacco to name a few more. Perique Black has a smokey burnt wood taste and Cumarin Pipe has a real nice pipe flavor and isn't as concentrated as all the others. There are so many combinations of these flavors to get different tobacco base flavors and then you can add non-tobacco flavors to it. The possibilities are endless and I've only scratched the surface so far but I like Cumarin Pipe on it's own and Cuban Supreme with marshmallow, chocolate and Bavarian Cream.

i added some raspberry to my cowboy+m type mix and its so good. Perique black had me curious at first but i remember trying some perique american spirits cigs back in the day and remember the taste was strong and way too different for me, then again these tobacco flavors dont taste anything like smoking a cigarette.

This is true about not tasting like cigarette smoke but there are ways of getting a realistic cigar or pipe tobacco flavor. These are the tobacco flavors I'm interested in and there are many variations such as sweet, dry or with fruity flavors added.

I spent a lot of money on eliquid hoping to find other flavors I liked, but never found much and gave most of it away. I started DIYing with hopes of fining more flavors or stronger flavors, but it didn't happen. After spending a bunch on many different flavors, I never found much other than a few mixes. Now I mostly use FA Latakia mixed at 20-30%. Love that stuff. Occasionally I'll throw in another tobacco flavor to see how it mixes and it's usually pretty good. I vape about 30ml per week so no doubt I'm saving money with DIY, but that's not why I started.

Ecigexpress has some new "ultra concentrated" flavors that I'm planning to try soon. Especially looking forward to trying the 555 they have.

I just went through my 4 new tobacco flavors I got from ecigexpress a while back. Desert ship, cowboy, maxx blend, and dark vapure.

My favorite of the 4 is cowboy it really did remind me of tobacco flavor, desert ship came in second and maxx blend third. Dark vapure.. does not taste like a tobacco at all, it kind of tastes like im vaping essence of some type of chilli powder. One thing I did notice is they are super concentrated. The other flavors are fine with mostly any low concentration, but even when I drop 1 drop of Dark Vapure into 10ml of nic liquid, it still tastes gross and strong :crybaby:

• 1 month later...

Here's my thing. You say you have 75-100 ml coming in and spent 100 bucks and that it is costly. I consider 1 ml of e juice to be about equal to a pack of cigs. So you just paid 100 bucks for 75-100 packs of smokes. That's cheap as hell compared to analogs.

Vaping as an alternative to smoking is much cheaper but you need to plan ahead. You need to have backups when it comes to batteries and attys and juice. It's not too hard. I like to place an order once a month and sometimes I don't need somethings and sometimes I get more but I hardly ever spend $100 in a month when I would spend that much in a week smoking.

Here's my thing. You say you have 75-100 ml coming in and spent 100 bucks and that it is costly. I consider 1 ml of e juice to be about equal to a pack of cigs. So you just paid 100 bucks for 75-100 packs of smokes. That's cheap as hell compared to analogs.

I have no clue how he/she spent $100 on just 100 ml. I spend about $105 on 500 ml. If I made my own, it would be considerably cheaper, not even half that.

Edited by Breal

I spend $52 plus shipping per 100mls of Bobas :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought you only vaped bakery flavors. Bobas must be pretty good!

Juice is pretty cheap. I see a lot of deals for about 50 cents a ml, I make most of my what I vape and it's even cheaper. I spend most of my vaping dollars on attys, clearos, and other accessories.

Juice is pretty cheap. I see a lot of deals for about 50 cents a ml, I make most of my what I vape and it's even cheaper. I spend most of my vaping dollars on attys, clearos, and other accessories.

Wish I knew how to DIY, knew good recipes. It would be nice to just spend on accessories.

To me bobas I get more bakery flavor from with just a touch of tobacco. All other tobaccos to me taste horrid.

My daily vape is still DIY Apple Danish & Boba's.

If you can read a syringe, you can DIY. Lol

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

Wish I knew how to DIY, knew good recipes. It would be nice to just spend on accessories.

I still have to buy flavorings, VG, and PG with nic every once in a while. The cost savings is really not that substantial but it's a fun hobby and I have the ability to customize a recipe in any way I want.

Bobas Bounty is an all VG liquid from avejuice.com. It has a very slight tobacco taste with a sort of graham cracker (molasses) flavor. I prefer their Gorilla Juice, which is the same, but with banana instead of the molasses.

i agree with the graham crackers, but i was at vapestock yesterday and they guy at clouds of vapor (who resells bobas) said its supposed to be a cognac tobacco.... i tried it and said bulls***, its graham crackers! but i love love love it! as well as gorilla juice! everybody says vg produces more/thicker vapor but imho i see no difference...