Roll Your Own E-Juice? ;-)

Ok so I've ordered about $65 worth of juice today from 2 different distributers & I've only got about 75-100ml of juice on the way (roughly).

I can see how this is going to become ridiculously expensive for someone that is going to constantly be vaping (and works at home, with it right in front of them).

So how many of you make your own E-liquid, there are hundreds of videos on youtube, but I'd rather take the word of some real enthuasiast that have been doing it for a year or so ya know?

I'm sure these designer juices are going to be great & nothing I could make would compare. But eventually that's going to become cost prohibitive for all-day vaping (I am guessing anyways).

So how safe / easy / cheap & labor intensive is creating your own Juice?

For those of you already doing it, what does 10, 15 & 30ml end up costing you when you make your own? How much do you spend per month on your self-made e-liquid (nicotine base + flavorings + tools factored in)

It is possible to do it ,a lot of people do.When I tried I invested an easy $100.00 in flavoring,base and niquid.I made some that tasted not too bad when I finished but the next day it was so bad it ended going down the sink.I only spend about $20.00 a week ,2 -10 ml bottles of liquid @ $5.00 ea and 2 or 3 cartos @ less than $2.00 ea + shipping.There are very tasty liquids out there I get for a treat once in a while but I have found some very good inexpensive all day liquids as well.

Buying pre-made juice is not too expensive once you narrow it down to the 3 or 4 or less that you like. A 30ml should last you a couple of weeks at least, mabey 3 or 4 depending on how much you vape. I used to go through a 30 in about 3 weeks and I paid top dollar, about $24. There are much better deals than that out there but I wanted to stick with a particular juice. Now that I'm all over the place as far as flavors go it makes sense to me to mix my own. There is a big cost to start because of all the flavors, VG, PG and PGnic that you need to make a wide variety of juices. Not to mention measuring equipment, empty bottles and so on. The up side of that is a 15ml of flavoring will go a long, long way and last you a long long time. So will a small(177ml) bottle of VG or PG and they are very cheap. The flavors run from $1.50 to $4 for a dram or 15ml. It's all very cheap but it all adds up too. PG or VG with nicotine is the most expensive ingredient but even that is not so bad and in the long run you can make juice for pennies/ml .. BUT

I wouldn't recommend making your own juice to save money. This is something you should do as a hobby because you like to be creative. You'll find satisfaction in making great tasting and vape-worthy juice but you'll be pulling the hair out of your head if you try this just to save money.

There are other forms of DIY which include fiddling with already made juice. You can give an extra drop of a similar flavor or totally different one, combine juices together for a combination, add a couple drops of VG to a PG juice for more vapor etc. DIY is a lot of fun and rewarding for me but you need patients and the "want" to do it.

ive ordered this

125ml 24m 75%VG of nicotine $8.45

125ml Propelyne Glycol $6.85

it looks so cheap, but then i spent a buttload more $$$ just on different flavorings

the syringes and bottles and gloves are supercheap, i just get gloves from work and the bottles like 15$ for a variety of 20 bottles and small syringes

I only buy nicotine base when it's on sale, and when I do I get 1000ml bottles. I then put it in an amber glass bottle and freeze it.

As for flavors I don't mind TPA flavors so I buy 30 ml bottles from good prophets. They normally are about 6 bucks not on sale so I buy the ones I know I like at any time. I buy a bunch of "new" flavors during sales to try.

Hope some of that helps.

Hey Dejavu.

Like Mike said...getting into DIY has its own cost...supplies, flavors, nicotine, PG/VG. In the end it is a bit cheaper, But honestly, You have to like mixing and creating.

I have been doing DIY for about 2 years and what I don't spend on premixed liquids, I spend on flavoring and supplies.

One way to make you liquids stretch (double):

I buy 36 mg premixed flavored liquid. using PG or VG I mix 50% liquid and 50% PG = 18mg. This dilutes the flavor of your premixed flavor, but now you have double the liquid to play with....I will usually add flavoring once I dilute it, or create a new flavor.

Mixing from scratch (unflavored nicotine liquid) is a bit harder to create flavors you really like. but, if you like DIY, Its a fun challenge.

Hey Dejavu.

Like Mike said...getting into DIY has its own cost...supplies, flavors, nicotine, PG/VG. In the end it is a bit cheaper, But honestly, You have to like mixing and creating.

I have been doing DIY for about 2 years and what I don't spend on premixed liquids, I spend on flavoring and supplies.

One way to make you liquids stretch (double):

I buy 36 mg premixed flavored liquid. using PG or VG I mix 50% liquid and 50% PG = 18mg. This dilutes the flavor of your premixed flavor, but now you have double the liquid to play with....I will usually add flavoring once I dilute it, or create a new flavor.

Mixing from scratch (unflavored nicotine liquid) is a bit harder to create flavors you really like. but, if you like DIY, Its a fun challenge.

I can see that you all agree you've really got to be a "creative person" & enjoy that type of thing. I'm totally with you guys on that & I appreciate you letting me know that up front. I work from home, so I've got lots of free time + I like to consider myself a creative person. Plus I'm just never happy with things the way they are sold. I'm always modifying/changing/adding to just about everything I buy/use. But I will take it slow...I won't just go out & blow a bunch of $ on stuff!

Thanks so much for your expertise guys!

Then you are the right person for DIY !!!

Not sure if you have looked at this thread....one I put together to help people get started with DIY. The last post has a couple new DIY vendors that are really good.

I started getting into DIY because I am flavor challenged and just can't really taste the liquids....but, I can taste food fine. I do like strong flavors.

I say you should give it a try. You might be really good at it. I was terrible. I started out my first week I made some really good flavors but after that I started sucking at it. I should have written down my recipes but I did not. However I now have all of the stuff to make a bad Juice vapeable or even sometimes really good just by adding some flavoring, PG,VG,sweetner, or sour to it.

Yea i'm definitely going to at least give it a try it just sounds like fun. Have my own little "nicotine lab" haha

Right now I'm looking into finding some caffeine additives so I can cut out my morning 3 redbulls, which are as bad for me as the smokes!

Here I posted this in my juice thread, maybe I'll have better luck getting it seen here...

Where is a good place to get some E-caffeine additive? I found some here http://www.buy-elect...ffeine-addative

And another one here with rockstar energy flavor (has a drop down to add a % of caffeine) and shows actual intake per hit http://www.vipvaporc...tar-energy.html

But like most things, a google search turns up the most expensive stuff!

Has anyone tried adding a caffeine mix to their morning vapes? I'm definitely interested in doing this.

Edited by Dejavu

At this point...regardless of the claims.....I haven't seen any that will actually replace your caffeine habit. The amount of vapable caffeine you would receive would be minimal, plus caffeine is not readily absorbable by the lungs.

No doz would work......not to vape however.

That is correct lacy, but the flavor will be diluted. You will have a lot of juice to experiment with though. Try 5ml at a time and give it 1 drop of tobacco flavoring. That will probably do it. Or you can add any other flavors. A couple of drops of flavor to a 5 or 10ml is like nothing and it won't make your juice lower 18mg but some flavors need more than a couple of drops. If you want 18mg in the end you have to figure the flavor and non-nic pg/vg as half and 36mg as the other half.

Try a little at a time. It's easy to make more or bigger bottle once you know which flavor and how much.

all depends on what kind of mixing you want to do. Mixing with unflavored, you can create your own flavor from scratch. good to have some VG or PG for diluting the nic strength. I usually mix to about 18mg and about 30% flavor, when mixing from scratch.

I dropped about 200 on DIY stuff my first month in. I will probably NEVER have to buy Nic juice again. Spent 50 bucks on a 100mg/ml 250ml bottle, cut it to 50mg. Plenty of Pg and VG, all frozen (or mostly, cuz they don't really "freeze" they just harden) in 50ml bottles. The flavorings I can pick up at hobby lobby for a buck or two to test out, and then pick up whatever I want. Cost savings is huge over the life if you are smart.

$15 per 30ml, assuming two a month, once you find your flavor is $30 a month at minimum.

Making your own, of course if an upfront cost, but now I spend $15 because I want too at hobby lobby, just for fun. I could not buy anything for a long time. and 200/FOREVER, or even 2 years for a conservative number comes to less than $10 a month. And even vaping incredibly heavily, along with flavorings. You still save money.

All of the above assumes that you are capable of finding a flavor that you can make yourself that you can vape all day. If you favorite flavor is Bobas Bounty....then your SOL.

pg with and without nic has a shelf life of 2 years if kept in a cool dark place so there is no need to freeze it. The pg with nic may get a pinkish hue in very little time but that doesn't mean it's going bad or anything.

Excellent information SaseTrase.........and now you've got me interested, what is Bobas Bounty?? :)

Bobas Bounty is an all VG liquid from avejuice.com. It has a very slight tobacco taste with a sort of graham cracker (molasses) flavor. I prefer their Gorilla Juice, which is the same, but with banana instead of the molasses.

I think it's awesome that you are into DIY. I haven't really done much DIY, but I'm looking forward to trying. Someone should write a book of recipes.

Deal, Free ebook on DIY is now officially in the works. I hope I can write better via book than I do here. Imma hire kitsune as my editor, and all of you kids as my test puppets :) AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAMAWAHHAHAHA!

Seriously, Imma do it.