510 Lr Atomizer Leaking

I have an eGo that I bought around the first of December, when I quit smoking. As far as I know, it's just an eGo, not a T or C. And now, whenever the battery gets somewhat low, the draw isn't as good and the atomizer starts leaking around the bottom between the battery and the atomizer. I've tried new atomizers, but it still happens. So I'm guessing it's the battery? And I don't use a carto or tank or anything, I just drip. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

How many drops are you putting in the atty?

You could add a drip shield which many people do, I,m not 100% sure which drip shield would work seeing I only drip for trying new flavors.

I,m sure someone could tell you what drip shield would work.

I doubt it would be the batt the batt is still to new and if it works fine and is hold a charge you should be OK.

:cheers:

I usually only put in two drops, three at the most. It just started recently, so that's why it has me confused. And I can usually tell when it is going to do it by the lack of good draw I start getting at the same time it starts to leak. I'm wasting a lot of delicious juice, lol.

I'm not sure what a drip shield is either I'd like someone to post a pic of that. Not sure it's for me though but I am curious.

Whether or not the battery is low the atty can leak. I can assume that when dripping and after a few toots not all of the juice is vaporized and then we drip again and so on. They get flooded this way. I'm not saying to vape it till you get a dry hit but sometimes all you need is one drip, sometimes 2 or three. It's a delicate balance and some leaking is unavoidable at times.

The Joyetech batteries I use don't have a drop-off until the last couple of toots but other eGo type batteries do. LR attys can vaporize juice quickly and keep up with your regular dripping until your power goes down so that might have something to do with it also.

Edited by Mike

It could be that I'm flooding it. I quit using the eGo for a while and started using the reo mini, but I have a bit of arthritis in my thumb and pushing the button down on my reo mini was affecting it, so I went back to the eGo. I read somewhere that something in the battery could be pushed down and it needs to be adjusted, not sure if it has anything to do with this situation, though. Maybe I just need to try using cartos.

I decided to switch to a carto and put it on my eGo battery and it still leaked. Then I decided to put it on my Firebrand Millennium battery and so far the carto hasn't leaked. But the battery went dead quickly, so I am now charging it and will put the atomizer on it and drip it a few times and see what happens. Will update in a little while

The drip shields do look pretty nice...,but haven't bought one yet. some pretty good reviews on them.

However, It is you battery. When the batteries get a bit older, as the charge starts to drop at the end, I have some more leakage too. switch out batteries and the leakage stops. It just doesn't burn the liquid quick enough when the battery isn't suppling enough power.

Over time the charge time on the batteries begins to shorten.

The drip shields do look pretty nice...,but haven't bought one yet. some pretty good reviews on them.

However, It is you battery. When the batteries get a bit older, as the charge starts to drop at the end, I have some more leakage too. switch out batteries and the leakage stops. It just doesn't burn the liquid quick enough when the battery isn't suppling enough power.

Over time the charge time on the batteries begins to shorten.

Sounds like this might be my problem kitsune, as I have switched to the Firebrand Millennium battery and I don't seem to have this problem yet. But I hate to throw out my eGo batteries. Do you think a drip shield would work if I bought one for the eGo? Or should I just buy new eGo batteries?

get a drip shield. it's the best investment i've made since i started dripping basically. it's ******* amazing.

http://www.empiremods.com/product_p/egodc.htm

^^^that is the one you want. i'm not sure but you may need a 510-510 adaptor as well, i don't own an eGo but i know with the other drip shields this is a requirement. they're only $3 or $4 on that site so i'd order one just to be safe.

seriously, it's the best investment for dripping, no more leaks! plus you can drip a lot more than 2 or 3 drops. you can drip like 6 or 7 since the drip shield recycles the juice back up on to the atomizer.

The drip sheild is mostly for DSE 901's with the hole in the side .I am not sure other than esthetics why someone would use one on a 510 type.About the only thing that would cause that problem is too much liquid.It builds up in the space between the battery connecter and the pot the element is in.Usually a good blowing out every so often will stop that.

what? No that's not correct at all.

I only use my drip shield on lr510 attys and it performs perfectly. EXACTLY as suspected. It keeps the leaked juice from an atty in a sealed unit and recycles the juice back up in to the atty.

it may have started out for use on the 901 attys but it performs flawlessly on others, so y not?

the drip shield also allows one to not have to drip every 3 minutes.

Ok?Unless the oring is below the battery connection I am not sure how it would stop a 510 from leaking.If it works for you that is a good thing.I would think judging from the way a 510 atty is built if you seal the liquid in there it would go through the hole in the battery connector and end up causing a short circut because it is easier for the electrons to flow through the liquid from + to - than it is to go through the element.A lot of people are using them so I could be missing something.Its all good.☺

you are missing something :)

the sealed 510-510 connector that raises the atty up so that the drip shields bottom oring sits underneath the atty. 510 attys need the adapter to make use of the drip shield. Its less than a 1/4" in height though and the drip shield covers it entirely so its basically non existent.

OIC O¿O.I just don't have much trouble with leaking and I use box mods so I never saw a reason to try one.Still a little fuzzy on why the liquid doesn't short things out as sealed connector or not the liquid is in contact with both conductors in the atomiser base.As I posted earlier if it works for you the that is good for me.

get a drip shield. it's the best investment i've made since i started dripping basically. it's ******* amazing.

http://www.empiremod...uct_p/egodc.htm

^^^that is the one you want. i'm not sure but you may need a 510-510 adaptor as well, i don't own an eGo but i know with the other drip shields this is a requirement. they're only $3 or $4 on that site so i'd order one just to be safe.

seriously, it's the best investment for dripping, no more leaks! plus you can drip a lot more than 2 or 3 drops. you can drip like 6 or 7 since the drip shield recycles the juice back up on to the atomizer.

I was hoping the drip shield would help to save the juice from being wasted. I'm going to order one...or two :) Thanks blucavvy!

i would wait on mod's for a little while. there's all kinds of different delivery systems you should get familiar with first. and yes the drip shield does "recycle" the juice so that not a drop is wasted. it's by far my favorite way to vape.

and that's coming from a guy that was hardcore carto's only for a long time. every since another member here (Dayvape) convinced me to get a drip shield i haven't looked back. i love it.

Wow, I still have a LOT to learn! Maybe I just need to try a mod or whatever they're called, lol. Thanks for the help everyone!!

I've been at it for over 2 years and I'm still learning. I used to think a kgo was just a typo and thanks to Viper Ron I now know what a drip shield looks like. Vaping is evolving very quickly and it's hard to keep up but there's always someone here to answer any questions.