Ego Battery Difference

bartlettmimi

I think they are the same thing. Before the tank came out they were just called eGo mega. Any battery that says eGo will work for anything that people use those batteries for. It's wise to make sure that it's a Joyetech because other companies make these batteries too and they say eGo but they are known not to last as long or like to break after a short time.

Edited by Mike

I think they are the same thing. Before the tank came out they were just called eGo mega. Any battery that says eGo will work for anything that people use those batteries for. It's wise to make sure that it's a Joyetech because other companies make these batteries too and they say eGo but they are known not to last as long or like to break after a short time.

I would say the exact opposite.

Get a kgo battery. Joye regulates the egos to a pretty pathetic 3.4 volts.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I would say the exact opposite.

Get a kgo battery. Joye regulates the egos to a pretty pathetic 3.4 volts.

eGos have been the go to device for a lot of people here on this site, to say there pathetic is not a necessary comment to make. Many of us use eGos and are quite please with them. I for one am getting a bit tired of all the eGo bashing going on here lately.

Peace VR

I'm not up to date with other battery manufactures and don't know which are reliable but I've heard bad luck stories with some. I've only used Joyetech and have not had a single one have a problem after months of use. The only reason I had to replace a couple of them in the last year is because I snapped them in half in my pocket while working construction. I've dropped them from second floor windows and they still work. I doubt the eGo batteries that are sold in the fleamarket could stand up to that. I wouldn't know about kGo but I know that Joytech stuff can take a serious beating and produce a saticfying vape, day in, day out.

i don't know that bob was bashing the eGo, maybe "pathetic" wasn't the right word to use, i think he just more meant "anemic", which is true. the eGo's voltage is too low for what it is.

2 years ago when there was nothing else available i can understand how it was a go to device. but now? the market has changed, the kGo fires at close to 4v, the LEO Pro fires at close to 4v UNDER LOAD, the Riva SE is a regulated 3.7v. all those batteries can be had for either the same price of an eGo or a few dollars more.

the eGo probably does provide a fine vape with a lr carto/atty, but the kGo, Pro, or Riva is just simply a better vape FOR MOST PEOPLE. again, not saying there's anything wrong with the eGo, a lot of people probably really like the vape and maybe even actually PREFER it. and that's great, not bashing that at all, but when even a tiny little 808 battery can kick out a higher voltage i just think that maybe Joye needs to start to re-think their batterie's performance.

i don't know that bob was bashing the eGo, maybe "pathetic" wasn't the right word to use, i think he just more meant "anemic", which is true. the eGo's voltage is too low for what it is.

2 years ago when there was nothing else available i can understand how it was a go to device. but now? the market has changed, the kGo fires at close to 4v, the LEO Pro fires at close to 4v UNDER LOAD, the Riva SE is a regulated 3.7v. all those batteries can be had for either the same price of an eGo or a few dollars more.

the eGo probably does provide a fine vape with a lr carto/atty, but the kGo, Pro, or Riva is just simply a better vape FOR MOST PEOPLE. again, not saying there's anything wrong with the eGo, a lot of people probably really like the vape and maybe even actually PREFER it. and that's great, not bashing that at all, but when even a tiny little 808 battery can kick out a higher voltage i just think that maybe Joye needs to start to re-think their batterie's performance.

Truth...wrong word completely. The joye ego is what made me get off the stinkies for good. It is a rugged PV. The standard joye ego set the standard in the industry and is still a great device.

But lately my respect for joye has kind of gone down hill. The vari volt was a good idea but I have seen so many bad reviews on poorly built batteries with screen issues.

I know a lot of people enjoy the ego t and c but IMO both fall into the "may turn off potential vapors" category for me. They just don't provide a good vape IMO and I have tried both. Of course I didn't get a chance to mess with them and extensively test them but with an e cig you shouldn't need to find ways to make it work...it just should. When I tried the t and c they just didn't.

Sorry if I offended anyone with my above post. Was not my intention at all. I will choose my words more carefully next time. If it wasn't for joye I probably would have given up on e cigs...but it seems like joye is trying to reverse that for new vapers now.

Joyetech doesnt make a varivolt eGo. Must have been a knock off like the Kgo is.

Aye...thank you for the clarification.

Look I am sorry. Sometimes I say things that make me sound like a jerk when I am not meaning to be. Joye make some awesome stuff. I just can't recommend them anymore because of the t and c.

The ego and ego type devices are the best devices for anyone planning to start vaping. Veteran vapers who own all sorts of fancy mods still use ego type batteries from time to time or as main PVs for a reason.

I really wish joye would start regulating batteries at 3.7(yes those .3 volts make a difference)and have a bit more quality control on the tank type devices. That is all.

Sorry if my post offended anyone...was not my intent.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very offended. Please send me 30ml of Bobas to ease my pain and suffering.

Can I be offended, too? I have no idea what you guys are talking about, but I prefer Gorilla Juice. :D

JoyeTech genuine Varivolt?!?! Heck yes. I do use my LR's and 650 Joye batts as my main PV's. Granted I am still only 2 months in, so maybe I will find something better? But these seem to do the trick well enough for me atm, The VV stuff tends to be too big for me to hassle with at work.