Too Important To Make A Mistake

Breal

@Mike.. Thank you for that review! Hopefully the kgo will be able to stand the test of time (very important).

I would love to compare the eGo and the kgo with something like an emdcc.. those seem to draw a lot of power. I know that they run my batteries down, and there are times when my provari just doesn't like them (gives an error), so I have to use my eGo and kgo to make them work.

I have both a 900mah & 1000mah egos that have been in regular rotation since last September and they are both still going strong. There has been tanks attached dual coils and the best for.it Boge LR 2.0 cartos.

Very good set IMHO

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

I used to smoke kools about 10 years ago. And oddly enough, the e-liquid I'm using right this minute tastes just like kools (to me, at least). It's peppermint, but not like peppermint "candy" tasting, not sweet. I think it's great you're helping your brother! :)

I used to smoke kools about 10 years ago. And oddly enough, the e-liquid I'm using right this minute tastes just like kools (to me, at least). It's peppermint, but not like peppermint "candy" tasting, not sweet. I think it's great you're helping your brother! :)

Really?? Which e-liquid would that be? If I can find something that tastes like something even remotely like Kools, that would be amazing. I just can't remember what Kools tasted like, and as much as I love my brother... I just .. can't possibly .. experiment that way. So, if you were a Kools smoker... That would be awesome. Major.

Really?? Which e-liquid would that be? If I can find something that tastes like something even remotely like Kools, that would be amazing. I just can't remember what Kools tasted like, and as much as I love my brother... I just .. can't possibly .. experiment that way. So, if you were a Kools smoker... That would be awesome. Major.

It's peppermint, double flavor, 18mg, 70pg 30vg, with no menthol, from here. There's another one called "candy cane".. which is similar, but seems to have cinnamon. I don't like it. It's not "Icy" tasting like Kools are. I'm not sure double is right for everyone. I'm still so new to vaping, so I ordered extra flavor since I know my taste buds are still "bleh" =/

I'm using it with an ego-c, which so far (fingers crossed) is giving me lots of vapor and throat hit. Most of the time I use it w/the new LRs.

One thing I can say is, I tried the peppermint in a regular 510-t and it's pretty bland. I'm not sure why there's so much flavor difference in the ego-t and 510-t.. it might just be "me."

Well, it has begun.. my brother started Vaping exclusively 3 days ago. I spoke with him yesterday and he said that other than the first day when he felt a wave of depression, he is no longer craving a cigarette. He's quite amazed, actually.. very much surprised. And, he's loving the emdccs. I know that we may hit a rough patch right around the 2 week mark, and I am not sure how I'm going to deal with that one--one day at a time--but for the moment, he's perfectly content. He says the e-liquid from Liberty is a tad harsh on the first draw (Menthol Tobacco), but otherwise he's enjoying the taste. I have to remember to not talk about other flavors. As a noob, ignorance is bliss, I think.

@Monkey.. The Peppermint, double flavor, 70/30 sounds really good. I'm going to wait to suggest that to him, however.. If he starts faltering, I may just send that to him along with some sample coffee-like, fruit, and sweet flavors.. and maybe some Bobas Bounty.. Gorilla Juice.. and, and.. :blush: lol!

One thing that concerns me is the price of the emdcc,s! He loves them, but has anyone noticed how much more expensive they have become??? I'm going to have to find another cartomizer setup that is just as good. So far, I know that the Boge 2.0 LR cartos are not as good, imho. The only thing that has come close to me is the 306 atomizers. But, he already said that he's not interested in atomizers... too much fiddling. He likes things to be simple. When I spoke with him, he actually had already pre-filled 6 out of the 10 emdccs.. Oiy..

Congratz for your Bro :cheers:

Where are you buying your EMDCC's?

So far, hoosier has them for about $2.59 Each.. madvapes has the clear ones for $2.59 Each (never tried the clear).. But, most places have them for well over $3.00.. As much as I like them (it's all he knows right now).. I think the price is getting out of control. They only last for about a week as it is. Where do you get yours?

Madvapes also have the black ones and thats a pretty good price. $2.59 is not bad at all, I believe the cheapest I've seen is $2.49.

I get mine at Madvapes or Sweet-Vapes.

Edited by Viper Ron

I used to get them from altsmoke for $2.09.. Now, they are about $3.19 (and that's in a month's time)! I wouldn't by a carto of any size for $3. I found a place, can't remember where.. where they have it for $2.39.. Really have to find that again. Maybe I'm vaping too much. I know that my brother is going to be going through them like matchsticks. I have to find something comparable. I think that, in the end.. the most cost effective is dripping. I think. I saw somewhere where some people got together and formed a co-op.. I think I need to look into that.

Yes, but an atty will last 3 weeks! And you can change flavors. An emdcc only lasts for 5 to 7 days, one flavor. I go through about 3 a week with refills because I like to have different flavors. I guess you pay for the convenience of not having to drip all the time. So, if an atty is $10 for 3 weeks with the same use, then the emdccs will run $45 in as much time -- minimum. And that doesn't even include e-liquid.. so, say another $30?

Still, my cigarettes would have cost $105 at $5 a pack for 3 weeks (pad). That said, I didn't quit cigarettes to save money. So, the best bet for my brother would be to not introduce him to other flavors for as long as I can... and to see if I can get him to start dripping. I think you go through less e-liquid while dripping, less cost all around.

Just a thought: If the cost of e-cigarettes become comparable to the cost of smoking, I think it would hurt the community more than they know. The cost of just getting started is worth it.. but if the cost of upkeep and continuance continues to increase as it has in only the few short months that I've been vaping (about a 25% or more increase)... I see real problems there. For now, it's within my budget, and I have room to play with, but that's not the case for everyone. As people on tight budgets try to economize, excessively reusing cartomizers.. or even innovating and modifying e-liquid delivery systems.. Things are liable to get out of hand. I understand that people are trying to make a living.. but with the tenuous situation that we are all in,... I just think things need to slow down a bit.

Just my 2 cents. For me, I'm happy with the vaping world and its community. I just want to keep it that way.

Wow, that's fantastic your brother is liking the e-cig! Congrats!

I'm not sure if these are the kind of cartos you're looking for, but I was on that site looking at the XXLs (thinking about updating my batt, too) and the prices seem to be well under $3 .. again, not sure if that page has anything close to what you need =/

I agree with you about cost. :dizzy: Just from the time I started researching e-cigs 2 months ago - to now - I've seen quite a few price spikes :(

Edited by Monkey

Wow, that's fantastic your brother is liking the e-cig! Congrats!

I'm not sure if these are the kind of cartos you're looking for, but I was on that site looking at the XXLs (thinking about updating my batt, too) and the prices seem to be well under $3 .. again, not sure if that page has anything close to what you need =/

I agree with you about cost. :dizzy: Just from the time I started researching e-cigs 2 months ago - to now - I've seen quite a few price spikes :(

I did find a place that sells the emdccs for $9.95 for a pack of 5, and a co-op that sells the xl dual coil cartomizers for less than a dollar each (about 60 for $58)... so, that's good.

I haven't heard a peep out of my brother since Wednesday, so I'm just trying to stay positive. In retrospect, and don't hate me for this you guys, I think I would have gone with the ego setup.. I think they are of better construction. The kgos are a bit more powerful... really good for emdccs, but I just "feel" that the one little ego (1000 mah) that I have is just constructed better. It feels more secure... and..

I think they may even last longer. :sofa:

Mind you, I've had issues with the chargers on both models.

but I just "feel" that the one little ego (1000 mah) that I have is just constructed better. It feels more secure... and..

I think they may even last longer. :sofa:

Mind you, I've had issues with the chargers on both models.

When you say "little," do you mean the ego 510?

When you say "little," do you mean the ego 510?

Yes, it's the eGoT (1000 mah) and has 510 threading. Both the kgo and the ego are pretty much the same. The eGo is a bit more expensive than the kgo, though. You can buy an eGo battery for about $17.95 or so.. where a kgo battery is only $8.50. Please someone correct me if you've found cheaper prices. I can understand the price difference.. the eGoT battery is more sturdy, not as flashy--more discreet. There is a power difference, but it's almost negligible, imho. So, even if you have to get 3 egoTs to 2 kgos (and that's a bit of overkill), I think it would be worth it. MInd, I had an kgo fail on me after less than a week, along with its charger... so, I'm sure that adds to my reservation. I had a charger fail on me when charging my eGoT.. but the battery is fine... more than fine.

I know youve gotten more then enuff info but i just figured i'd put my 2 cent in and this is just based on what little i know and have used. but someone turned me on to this and i think it was the best thing that i have used so far. 1st off let me say i was a 2 pack a day smoker. and i stoped and made the jump to vapeing with no problem by one getting a SD mk 2 from http://www.totallywi...r-products.html that is a link right to the SD. its so simple to use a monkey can take care of it and use it. ive found that driping seems to be the best way to go but also the 510 tanks that TW carrys is great as well if your looking for a tank sys for your brother. i have turned four other people on to this setup and they all have had good luck with it. so thats what ive got. hope you can find something to help your brother.

The good ol' Screwdriver... and I mean OLD Screwdriver... she's what I would call a 'classic' !! LOL. It may have been around a long time... but I guess that's because it simply works .

I do find this statement kinda comical however: "It is widely considered the Ferrari of the E.Smoking world. Why is this? The answer is simple. A battery that is up to the job." REALLY?? Aren't we just talking about a 900 mAh battery here people?? I guess that wasn't too bad in the early 'mod' days, etc.

Anyhow... I hope your brother has much success with kickin' the habit! Make sure he knows he's welcome around here anytime!

The Screwdriver looks very sturdy, I have to say. It also looks Dangerous. lol! Still, it's a lot less $ than the V2 kit I ordered last December, before I knew much about e-cigarettes. They look like they'll last forever.

My brother seems to be doing fine with the kgo, thusfar. In a stressful moment, he did have a cigarette a couple of days ago. He said that he's grown so used to the Menthol Tobacco from Liberty that the cigarette tasted "Weird" and he didn't even finish it. I think that once you start using e-cigarettes, it would take some effort to enjoy analogs again with the same satisfaction they once brought (imho). Somehow, they must not be as satisfying. That must be frustrating, the feeling of being in between two worlds.. and he's struggling with some depression... which is strange because he's not a depressed person. He's wavering. He brought up his friends, again.. and how they smoke less now after having tried e-cigs. I didn't really know what to say. I couldn't very well say what was on my mind ("Don't!!!").

Cigarette smoking is a very personal thing in this day and age. It's despised, truly. It has one of the worst stigmas, and people who smoke are treated poorly--and severely. Smokers tend to cling to each other. There's acceptance, understanding, ease... and for my brother.. I guess there's that "Bromance" with his many friends. A couple of his friends new to e-cigs are curious.. wanting to try it for themselves. I'm hoping that it is that aspect of his e-cigarette experience that wins out--positive peer pressure.

(I would invite him to the forum.. but I don't want to imagine what he'll think if he reads this thread.. ugh). :blushing:

@Viper Ron.. I'm hoping he'll go into "overkill".. just not with me! lol!