Too Important To Make A Mistake

Breal

Hi everyone. My brother is a 2 to 3 pack a day smoker, and he smokes Kools, which is one those analogs with the highest nicotine out there. We're supposed to meet up today online (different states) so that I can suggest a setup and a juice (very important to him) that would suit his needs. I've been all over the e-cig cyber-map in the last month researching myself into a spin. If it were anyone else, I could suggest this or that, but I can't do this one. It's too important and I'm too green. You have no idea how much I appreciate all of you, this forum, during this time of transition. Please help me to save my brother in like manner.

I saw a kgo kit out there and the kit comes with atomizers, not cartridges. I have absolutely no experience with atomizers (mine haven't come in yet). It use the 2.0 boge cartridges and V2 cartridges. Both have different threading. What kind of threading does a kgo have? The Boge I have is 510 threading. Not sure if they come in anything else.

And, do you think that 24 mg nic would be enough? He just wants the highest nicotine out there, but the 36 mg is really harsh (mind, I've only tried one type) and flavorless, and I don't want to put him off.

http://www.safervapors.com/supersaleitems/kgokit/

Edited by Breal

I just think that 36mg is too much. You could get him some to try, but that's borderline dangerous when chainvaped imho.

the kgo is 510 threading yes.

remember taste is subjective so best thing for a newbie is to try alot to find out what they personally like. Get sample sizes.

Edited by blucavvy

Theres a good chance that once he gets some decent throat hit and vapor he'll begin to pursue it and experiment. He may even decide he likes non-menthol type flavors. I think some people want this to be exactly like smoking and when they find its different they loose interest. Kinda depends on how ready the person is to get rid of tobacco. I smoked for 37 years and I'm doing well with vaping. 2 smokes in 3 weeks right now.

@blucavvy.. I agree with you on the nicotine. Will definitely try to advise the 75/25 555 menthol 24mg. Thanks so much. I was leaning toward the kgo but since I know very little about atomizers, well... Thank you, blucavvy.

@Soberrider...Agreed. Well done, you! Goodness, even if it gets him to cut down while he searches for the right juice, I'd be happy. And, with a good battery like the kgo, with two of them, it should last him all day.

http://www.liberty-flights.com/product.asp?id=55

Liberty flights has a Riva (KGO) kit for 29.99. Its their special edition kit. The Delux kit is sold out.

The special Edition kit comes with atomizers....have him get a drip tip. and The Boge cartos are 7.99 for a 5 pack.

That way he can try a couple different combinations.

They also carry a line of liquids called decadent vapors(made in the UK)...they have a really concentrated menthol flavor. If he also got a tobacco flavor...he could add the menthol to his own taste or just use the menthol....really does have a kick !!!

For liberty flights, make sure to click on the 20% in the right upper corner of the site before shopping.

They only go up to 24mg liquid, but honestly 24 mg should do it for him.. a few do use 36mg, but mostly it is used for mixing.

Thanks kitsume! The kit I was looking at was like $70. Yes, I'll definitely try to convince him on the 24 mg. I'd rather him Vape a ton of that than mess around with the 36 mg.

So, if he's mixing the tobacco and menthol, would you put more menthol than tobacco? Half and half? I may have to do that for him at first. Would you add menthol crystals? (Have never bought menthol crystals)

If you go with the decadant vapors menthol it is already 50% crystals mixed with PG....really strong stuff. If you need to mix for him I would give him one 50/50 and one 25%menthol to 75%tobacco.

The Decadent vapors line (under tobacco flavors) makes a Premier tobacco ice...that might be the ticket.

The guy that created the decadent vapors line is really reputable and has good taste.

They have 5ml sizes...you can have him pick a few flavors to try......

I am sure there are lots of other great menthol flavors out there...Just trying to keep you from having to order from different vendors.

Not played with menthol crystals...I use the decadant vapors flavorings....the menthol flavoring from DV is killer strong. 1-2 drops for 10ml is all I can handle. Then again I only use it for background flavor, not really a menthol vapor.

Thank you everyone for your input. You are the best! Have decided on the kgo kit (has two 1100 mah and atomizers, etc.), 4 packs of boge 2.0 cartos from VaporKings, and juices at 24 mg (555, dv menthol, and a diy mixing as suggested). In a few week's time, or less, I'm sure he's going to come back to me with tank requirements. I didn't have any luck with the vaporescence tanks I ordered after only a few weeks of Vaping, any suggestions?

Thank you everyone for your input. You are the best! Have decided on the kgo kit (has two 1100 mah and atomizers, etc.), 4 packs of boge 2.0 cartos from VaporKings, and juices at 24 mg (555, dv menthol, and a diy mixing as suggested). In a few week's time, or less, I'm sure he's going to come back to me with tank requirements. I didn't have any luck with the vaporescence tanks I ordered after only a few weeks of Vaping, any suggestions?

I like it with the exception of the DIY stuff. Vaping is a big transition as it is. Might as well make it as less complicated as possible.

sent from my Ice Cream Sandwiched Gtablet

Good point on the DIY; I was thinking of mixing it myself, more tobacco than Menthol, and sending it to him. If they don't turn out right, I just won't send it.

@Viper Ron.. Is that just like a big boge cartomizer? Is that a 510? It looks different.

Yes it has 510 threads and was made for the eGo and I believe the Kgo is a eGo clone so it should work. I use them and love them and it last a long time filled.

:cheers:

I have been using on my KGO and they are great.

It says that the eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomizer holds up to 5 ml of juice. How does the flavor of that carto compare to the flavor of a regular boge? Awesome that a carto can even hold that much liquid. Perhaps it's a good idea for him to find the e-juice he likes before he fills one of those. I'll have him order a few of those, too.

You know, his cigarettes cost $140 a carton. He's going to save a lot of money in the long run if this works for him.

You'll do fine with mixing....we can help with that as needed. I started mixing 2 weeks after I started vaping...needed the extra flavor. Alot of mixing depends on the person. I love cooking and mixing flavors with that...vaping mixing for me is the same thing.

I am still liking my ego clearomizers(easiest) and will work with KGO and I do still like my Tube tank from volcano ecig. The tube tank is a 3ml tank and works great. it has cartomizers that go with it...when needed, just change the cartomizer. The tank portion is reusable indefinitely. requires priming the cartomizer before use.

The KGO and the Riva are the same as the Ego(Joye product)....just made by a different manufacturer.

Good point on the DIY; I was thinking of mixing it myself, more tobacco than Menthol, and sending it to him. If they don't turn out right, I just won't send it.

@Viper Ron.. Is that just like a big boge cartomizer? Is that a 510? It looks different.

Oh OK. That sounds fine then. Kitsune and Mega DIY so when you get your stuff in start a new thread and I'm sure they would be glad to help.

Me on the other hand...i won't DIY until a recipe for Bobas bounty is released :)

sent from my Ice Cream Sandwiched Gtablet

Ego came out, then the Riva followed and now we have the KGO. I love having all the versatility available these days. plus they are compatible with all the 510 accessories.

@ Bob...Lol, sorry, no help with Bobas yet.

Thanks everyone, it's time. I'm going to put everything in baskets for him and send him the url over messenger. I'm going to sit there until he checks out. lol!

I'm have him purchase a few of those eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomizers but have him try out the juice on a smaller carto or the atty beforehand.