Ecig Explodes In Mans Mouth

mjradik

all of us should already know the dangers of batteries in general. Wether it be laptop or cell phone. Now granted, this has happened many times before with call phones and laptops and got alot of publicity, but something like this and gets alot of publicity just makes ecigs look bad... not good for us...

remember you have a better chance of dying from lung cancer smoking analogs than a battery exploding in your face..

wow.. in doing more research, this is plasted all over the internet, everywhere... suprised it hasn't been posted about here... unless it has, and I missed it.... If it has you can merege this thread with it or delete it.

Here is yahoo's story..http://news.yahoo.com/electric-cigarette-explodes-fla-mans-mouth-181659963.html

The report as far as I know didnt say what kind it was specifically, but just showed a bunch of pics of ecigs in general.

I'd bet it was from misuse or just a freak accident. Batteries have been known to explode like that even though it is rare.

The type of mod hasn't been released yet. The FD did find cr123's ( unprotected) in the room, which leads me to believe he was using unprotected stacked batts in a mod that doesn't have a protection circuit built in. Mods like Notcigs mods ( Buzz, IPro), the Provai and the Lavatube have protection circuits built into the circuitry of the mod.

This whole thing is going to give ecigs in the short term a very bad name. Most electronic cigarettes (all of Joye Techs) have built in protection to prevent something like this from happening. I'm guessing he was probably using some type of a mod, that didn't have protection built in and he used either incorrect batteries or allowed them to discharge to low.

My sympathies no doubt goes out to the gentlemen however, good battery safety probably could have prevented this. The media I'm sure is happy to place all e cigarettes in the dangerous category making the entire industry look bad. But hey, at least cigarettes don't kill.

Also to the user using a Lava Tube, I believe, that also has built in protection :)

I have to say, it is absolutely outrageous that we don't know what he was using yet.

It is irresponsible for the media not to found out, and absolutely incompetent of the fire department who not only HAD the device, but has been in contact with Holloway.

And while I definitely feel bad for the victim - he has a responsibility here. I get that he is probably embarrassed, but he is internet savvy (he has a Facebook page). He hasn't thought that it would be a good idea to let people know what he was using and maybe what he did wrong, so that other vapers don't share the same fate he does?

If you are hiking in the woods and you fall in a pit, you shout to warn others not to fall behind you. It is quickly getting to the point where we have to ask what the hell is wrong with him that he hasn't put that information out there.