Man Suffers Severe Injuries After E-Cigarette Explodes In His Mouth

Caughtus

I've heard of this once before, but it was a ecig mod not an actual standard e cigarette. They have safety features in place to stop things like this from happening.

The article I read didn't actually state what model the person was using.

This is why it's important to one, use a well built modification (why I use the Pro Vari) or purchase an e cigarette from a reputable supplier. Sometimes saving money isn't always worth it.

Battery safety I'm guessing could have prevented this. There are many mods than can be used just fine if good practices are used, unfortunately, many consumers aren't aware of the dangers of lithium ion batteries when used incorrectly. Honestly in my opinion a customer shouldn't have to study a battery guide to use a product. Thus the reason, having the safety measures in place is just a wiser choice for the builder and the consumer.

That is awful but of course this can happen with any type of device with a lithium ion battery in it. I believe it is most common in phones. And phones are the worst as they battery could explode and cause the user to die I seen this on 1000 ways to die.

That is awful but of course this can happen with any type of device with a lithium ion battery in it. I believe it is most common in phones. And phones are the worst as they battery could explode and cause the user to die I seen this on 1000 ways to die.

So, this can happen with my provari, then. It sounds like he really did not have any warning.

So, this can happen with my provari, then. It sounds like he really did not have any warning.

I wouldn't worry. The Provari has a built in protection circuit. If you're using the AW IMR's with your Provari, its a pretty safe combo. All the mod explosions that I've read about ( a total of 3 in 2 years) have been mods with stacked batteries, not a single cell mod like the Provari.

• 8 months later...

Isn't that the same story from a couple of years ago? The same quote was used "it was like he was holding a bottle rocket in his mouth"

That guy was apparently stacking batteries and it was not a correct set up.

I posted elsewhere today that it's amazing how decent information and positive feedback about e-cigs has been so slow to spread, but a negative story like this spreads like crazy. I get this story (or the last one) thrown in my face on almost a daily basis from skeptics.

I wouldn't worry. The Provari has a built in protection circuit. If you're using the AW IMR's with your Provari, its a pretty safe combo. All the mod explosions that I've read about ( a total of 3 in 2 years) have been mods with stacked batteries, not a single cell mod like the Provari.

I do wish, however, that my Provari would shut off once I've discharged the battery to the point it shouldn't go any lower. I thought the Provari was supposed to do that? I was vaping one day and checked the voltage and it was at like 3.2v... I didn't think you were supposed to take the AW's lower than like 3.6v safely?? Please advise.

I do wish, however, that my Provari would shut off once I've discharged the battery to the point it shouldn't go any lower. I thought the Provari was supposed to do that? I was vaping one day and checked the voltage and it was at like 3.2v... I didn't think you were supposed to take the AW's lower than like 3.6v safely?? Please advise.

My switch starts flashing, but it's never cut off. However, once it gets that low, it doesn't seem to boost as well and I can tell that it's time to change the battery.