Anyone Own One Of These And Is 6 Volt To High To Vape?

Saw one of these at a vape meet and would love to get one. Anyone have any feedback on this mod?

The Blue Lighting Tube Mod.

bluelightning-1.jpg

I put my name on the wating list but I'm wondering if 6 volts would be too much?

Edited by Viper Ron

Pretty. It's at least very cool looking.

That would be too much for me, but I think its doable. It must be, or going that high wouldn't be a selling point! Of course, having not tried it, I am absolutely no help to you.

Edited by Deadpool809

It's not too much if you have the proper rated atty/carto! If it's a '6v mod' then I would certainly get yourself some higher ohm attys/cartos to go with it. Madvapes sells all sorts of different ones... rated for HV vaping... such as 4.0 and 4.5 ohms. It's all about putting the right stuff together to end up with the perfect match.

http://www.madvapes.com/High-Voltage-510-Atomizer-4-ohms_p_3104.html

Edited by DAYVAPE

I don't think LR would be a very good match at all.But I don't care for anything over 4 volts unless I am trying to milk a few more days from a corboned up atty.This is getting to be like razors ,keep adding another blade .Someone should just go ahead and skip to a 120 volt AC powered PT and get it over with.Maybe they could mod a soldering iron.

that really is a nice looking device !!! I personally seem to like the 4.5-5.0 range. I assume its not a VV....?

You will never know if you like 6 v unless you try it. Like Dayvape pointed out...right parts make all the difference.

I would imagine that it's a pretty nice vape at 6v with a 4.0-4.5 ohm atty! :yes

I'm just a simple guy... I'm happy at 3.7 with an LR... or a vari-volt and a 2.8-3.0 ohm atty.

Don't forget people... right parts makes it all work!

Plug in the volts and resistance and 'calculate'.

At 6v and a 4.0ohm resistance... you end up with 9 watts of power....4.5 ohm at 6v is 8 watts... etc. etc.

However, right now I'm rockin' my Empire, with a LR 1.8 ohm atty at 3.7 volts, and am very pleased at 7.6 watts.

That must be my happy place about... because on my LT I have a 3.0 ohm atty and rock it around 4.8v.... that's 7.68 ! LOL

http://thelocust.net/ohm/

Edited by DAYVAPE