Cartomizers And High Vg% E-Liquid

I have some boge lr cartomizers, I was just wondering for the cart users out there what % of pg/vg do you guys use in your cartomizers, and wondering if anyone out there uses high VG or 100% VG in them. I really like higher VG e-liquids, and was thinking maybe id have to drop down on the %VG to more PG on my next order of e-liquids since it looks like im leaning towards making a switch to using cartomizers more.

Hi twelveday, I make all my own liquids and have no issue with any juices between 80/20-60/40 PG/VG in my Boges. If you still want a higher VG content you can thin it out with alcohol or distilled water. Note Distilled water not regular bottled :)

It will soak in eventually.The hardest part is getting a new one started.

youre telling me, i got my new boge lr carts today and it took a while to soak my vg liquid into them. Well worth it though all i have to say is wow, so flavorful vaping from a fresh atomizer, i think i just might make the change to cartomizers even for home use

:yes

IKR ,I use mostly carto's now ,but I still keep some 306 atties for those schizophrenic days when I want to try different flavors.BTW LiteCigUSA has some Dekang Gold LAbel that is on the same level with VT liquids if you want a treat.☺

Edited by mcquinn

And with all VG in cartos you will find that you need to wait longer between blasts so that it has time to wick to the coil again. I know that a blend of 50/50 will work... but I can't hit it one after the other like I would if it were 100% PG. Just my thoughts anyway...

I use them with Boba's - 100% VG. I haven't really had a problem - except I think they make the cartos go bad faster. Of course, I am still new enough I am not sure how long one SHOULD last, but I can only use them 4-5 times tops before having to toss.

I use a syringe to fill them, and I think that helps them absorb more quickly.

The one carto that seems to work with high VG is the EMDCC,s. At least for me they seem too :cheers:

http://www.smoktek.c...wtip_p_115.html these ones? Ive tried my mostly vg e-liquid with a new boge cart and it only seemed to last maybe one extra fill, less than 2 days before it gets all clogged and loses flavor, im using 100%pg in the one i have now but the throat hit is too strong for me.

Edited by twelveday

the boge cartomizers have a fairly dense filler material, 40% VG is about as high as i've gone with good results, i use them mainly for my thinner juices. any of the smoktek cartomizers work well with high vg mixes as they have a less dense filler material. the emdcc's are particularly good with 100% vg. I've yet to use a cartomizer that can go more than 3 or 4 fills of high vg before degrading and needing a good boiling, which is an unfortunate trade-off for vg.

thanks for the input everyone, i went with some 50/50 and it seems to wick pretty good and doesnt discolor the wicking material as fast, also absorbs pretty well. Using em with these boge 510, then gona try the other cartos with my 100% vp if it works well, also tryign to look into those fluxomizer/cartomizer type ones without wicking material, but they dont seem to be in stock

Edited by twelveday

i use 1.7 ohm ressutectors and some smoktech 2 ohm cartos and at a 70-30 mix works great. no wicking issues, stays moist and can hit it alot. just top it up with like 6-7 drops every hour or so.

I must just vape too damn fast... because every time I try anything with much VG, I start getting that nasty burnt filler taste within minutes! About the most VG I can use in cartos (except for the EMDCC's) is around 10% it seems. Of course, now that I have the Lava Tube and drip shields... I'm back to attys. I think they have really done some improving since I used them 2 years ago! I'm diggin' 901's and 510's again now. It's so much better now that I can literally add 6-8 (and even more) drops and not worry about leaking!

Edited by DAYVAPE

I must just vape too damn fast... because every time I try anything with much VG, I start getting that nasty burnt filler taste within minutes! About the most VG I can use in cartos (except for the EMDCC's) is around 10% it seems. Of course, now that I have the Lava Tube and drip shields... I'm back to attys. I think they have really done some improving since I used them 2 years ago! I'm diggin' 901's and 510's again now. It's so much better now that I can literally add 6-8 (and even more) drops and not worry about leaking!

which 510 attys/drip shields are you using? is it the attys that prevent the leaking or just ur drip shields, because mine leak constantly

higher vg will make more vapor but i find if useing high vg you need to dillute it with vodka or distilled water. if ya dont it has a very hard time wicking.

i've used 90% vg juice with the regular dual coil cartomizers filling with the cap method, and it takes no longer than 80% pg juice. with boge's on the other hand, even a 50/50 will take forever to wick. if you find a high vg juice you really like, get a couple of emdcc's (eGo mega dual-coil cartomizers), they work great with even 100%vg

I like VG better than PG also. But use PG to dilute so its not so thick. How much Distilled water should be used 100% VG to make it work efficient with cartomizers. percent wise??? That would be great if it works!

I like VG better than PG also. But use PG to dilute so its not so thick. How much Distilled water should be used 100% VG to make it work efficient with cartomizers. percent wise??? That would be great if it works!

I use 10 % water. in my vg. seems to work very well between that the flavor and the pg unflavored nic, it comes out with a nice consistincy.

Edited by mega