Pg Or Vg ... What's Your Tipple?

Hi all.

I am asking what your opinions are on which e-juice base you guys prefer.

I am looking to DIY all my juices from now on, main reason is because, most sites seem to price thier juices per the ml regardles of strength. So I don't see the point in paying for 30ml of juice with less NIC for the same price as one I can dilute and get extra juice for the little extra cost of some VG/PG and maybe some flavour.

I hear VG gives better vapor, but reduces throat hit, I want better vapor but I still want a decent throat hit.

My 1st juice purchase was 24mg Tobbaco flavoured VG juice, which was deffinatly too strong (flavor & nic), So i diluted a small amount to 14mg with Glycerine (the baking stuff, didnt say if it was VG), but it was too week and too sweet, so i tried some more at 16mg, this seems to be a good nic strength, but still just a little bit sweet. Also with the thick Glycerine sometimes doesn't wick quite quick enough to keep up with heavy vaping. So this has me thinking, maybe I should buy PG based NIC then cut it with VG, so a little best of both worlds.. maybe. Also I was wandering if there is issues with wicking could a little distilled water added to the mix, help with that?

hope to hear from you all

Keith

I use PG or a mix.I didn't think DIY saved me anything.I had to lay in supplies.I threw away most of what I made cause it was awefull.And it took time.I prefer just reachin in my stash and pulling out a bottle that is ready to go.The liquids I use are less than $0.50 a ml and I use 20 to 30 ml a week.Besides the suppliers have kids to feed and bills to pay like the rest of us.

I use PG or a mix.I didn't think DIY saved me anything.I had to lay in supplies.I threw away most of what I made cause it was awefull.And it took time.I prefer just reachin in my stash and pulling out a bottle that is ready to go.The liquids I use are less than $0.50 a ml and I use 20 to 30 ml a week.Besides the suppliers have kids to feed and bills to pay like the rest of us.

lol, that is a fair point on the price, I am about I suppose 50-60pl per ml, but I think controlling the NIC contnet myself will give me more control, and help me reduce the ammount of nicotine, hopefully. Vaping is not a permenant replacement for smoking, it is just another attempt after a succession of failed NRT and cold turkey attempts to give up smoking.

there is still an argument for cost cutting since all NRT in Scotland is completly free, my wife who gave up succesfully cold turkey when she realized she was pregnant, wonders why I pay for e-cigs. She doesnt complain though, she is just happy I don't stink of tobbaco now when I come home, I'm pretty sure my baby boy prefers me not stinking of fags too!

Now I am hooked on tasty e-liquid.Doesn't pay to have an addictive personality.As for nic control I buy from vendors who sell Dekang liquid and judging by the factory and the consistancy of the product I would guess they have a pretty good grip on the science .Have you been reading the controversy on the niquid thats going on now?Seems some of the folks producing the flavorfree nic liquid are kind of using the guess and by golly aproach.Makes it tough on the ones who are making an effort though.Good luck with your endeavors ,I hope you find the perfect mix.

I mostly DIY to various degrees....from scratch or just mixing and matching flavors. I tend to buy 36mg flavored liquids and DIY with that.

Here's my 2 cents....

Baking glycerin and Pharma glycerine are both VG, Which is thicker and sweeter than PG. I Tend toward all PG mixes, or about 10% VG if I need a bit more vapor.

I usually buy PG from from either Liberty flights or word up....more expensive than buying bulk, but I really don't use much these days, as I have found it so much easier to just mix with the premixed flavors and then dilute and/or add flavoring to taste...

Most flavorings are alcohol based and are thin. More often than not I use enough flavoring to cut my 36mg liquids and add a bit of VG for extra vapor.

Clear as mud......

I pretty much do the same exact things as you do kitsune! Keeps it fun... and simple! And, I'm at about 10-15% VG if I have to thicken it up a bit, or want more vapor. Vapor clouds aren't my main goal however... especially since I vape in my office all day and customers can come walking in anytime. I'd rather not have to 'wave my vape cloud away' to be able to see them! LOL. I'm much more in to the flavor of my juices than anything! I used to be 100% PG ... but here lately I've had to add a splash of VG to most of my juices so they don't run right out the bottom of the 'EMDCC' ! Much happier now that it's a bit thicker. Still don't care for VG though... it certainly does mute flavors! :yes

I only use DIY eliquid. Not for price, but because I'm a control freak, and I like knowing I control what I put in my body. I can easily control the nic content, flavor, stronger or weaker, and pg/vg mix. As with most people, I use around 80/20 pg/vg. That seems to be the most popular. However, I do think there is a big price savings. mcquin and most people pay about .50 per ml of ready to go liquid. I make my eliquid for under 5 cents per ml. Since I only make 4-8mg liquid, 95% of the cost is flavorings. Even if I made 24mg liquid, my cost would still be around 10 cents per ml. I vape around 6ml of 4mg nic per day, so thats around 180ml/month. So I save around $80/month doing DIY. Plus its fun, and you get to experiment. Yes you can make bad tasting batches, but cost is very low.

• 3 weeks later...