Lavatube

JayH503

Personally I don't like how ya have to push buttons so many times on the provari to get to the correct menu. It's fancier than the Lavatube but not something I'd want to own, especially at the high price. I'll be more than happy with the Lavatube! :)

Edited by JayH503

We are experiencing a delay

It is with great sadness that we have to report that the LAVATUBE pre-order release has been delayed due to an unforeseen DHL shipping error. We have only recieved half of our shipment and are still waiting on the delivery of our AW IMR High Drain 18650 Batteries and LAVATUBE Cary Cases. As you can see above, we only received a partial shipment and DHL is currently researching where the second shipment of our batteries might be.

We are hoping the Batteries will show up tomorrow and we can send out the email with instructions on how to order the kit at that time, but nothing is guaranteed as we are recieving conflicting reports from the carrier. We realize how excited you are to recieve your LAVATUBE and we humbly request your patience as we get this shipping error worked out. We will keep in touch with you as we get more details. Again, we greatly apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Aloha ~

[The Volcanoecigs Team]

Volcano Ecigs Facebook update - For customers who pre-ordered the LavaTube- Looks like the 2nd set of batteries are coming in today. DHL lost original package. We will be sending out emails at about 2-4pm Hawaii time. 7-9pm EST once we confirm shipment...You want to pay attention to your emails, because you will have limited time to buy if your on the pre-order list. Also, we may be able to get some shipped today if bought right away.

I gave my pre-order email to another Volcano forum member that couldn't get on the pre-order list. Decided to wait and see if I can get a Lavatube with a blue back-light from over-seas. Made a fellow vaper happy too! :)

• 2 weeks later...

FYI- Vaporgalaxy has these in stock right now :)

http://vaporgalaxy.c...laxy18650VV.htm

Ya, I got an email notice from them. No Lavatube logo to wear off of the Galaxy Mod too. LOL I've noticed that some Lavatubes and some of the Galaxy VV Mods are coming with all black buttons. I guess its because the chrome and red paint was comin off the small buttons. :(

I thought Volcano had exclusive rights to this mod? I guess China doesn't care about contracts lol

Volcano does have exclusive rights in the United States. They are already on it. They know the name of the company over-seas that is selling to Vaporgalaxy and are going to take care of it. Might turn out to be a simple matter or maybe a court case, who knows. Vaporgalaxy charges more and offers a lousy warranty besides.

I wonder if that overseas party is bound by Volcano's & L-Rider's contract?

Luke at Vapor Galaxy is a cool guy. I hope this gets resolved OK.

I don't know but, only one of the three companies I contacted said that they would sell to "Anyone" in the United States because of the legal agreement made between Volcano and L-Rider. The company I contacted in Portugal said that they will "soon" be offering there version with a blue LCD display, and they said they would sell to me here in the US, if I placed an order for a single unit for my own personal use. I've been hoping that Volcano would offer blue or green displays somewhere down the road, but I don't think they will since the company loves RED colored items. They are supposed to be selling red and silver Lavatubes soon though. All (Black, Red, Silver) with red LCD displays I'm guessing.

I've only placed a few orders with Vaporgalaxy, but they seem to be a pretty good company. How they couldn't have known about this agreement in the US on the Lavatube, I don't know. Unless they can get around it by naming it the Galaxy VV Mod maybe. All these over-seas companies have a lotta different names for this one Mod.

BCVapor out of Canada is also selling these to US residents. http://www.smarthose...multi-meter/#ru

Of course its being marketed as a multimeter since e-cigs are illegal there I believe.

Cool idea to get around Canadian laws. :) Did ya check out the other items for sale? I love the LED Smart Faucet Head!

GrimmGreen wants a LED Smart Faucet! I do too! :) Nicfitnation posted the video! Small world I guess! LOL

Edited by JayH503

The thing I find intriguing is the rush to get a China PV that has no time in the field. The China copy PVs have not had a very sterling track record, early adopters got stung bad.

Do folks remember SLB's DSE905, the 'Screwdriver'. What a piece of work that was, Bauway couldn't even get a simple tube mod right, the disastrous 510N. How about Boge's juicer? All 3 of these went through some quick and numerous revisions.

I've already seen how the Lavatube's atty connector leans in two reviews,maybe the plastic top cap should have been metal. And what's the deal with it not able to fit a standard protected 18650?

My advice would be to wait out the first run and see how they work/hold up, and how the seller will be handling any problem units.

But if everyone did that then how would we know what all needs to be re-worked on it, lol? I positive that you are correct in your assumptions though... and I'm sure as hell not going to be one of the 'field-testers' out there donating my money to get that part done. I just don't see it standing the test of time... not to mention Grimm's video showing how it drops the voltage down with DCC's, etc.? What's up with that? I know I wouldn't want to 'rock a dual coil' at 3.7v all the time.

Edited by DAYVAPE

I already have the Provari, so I bought this mod to see if a mod that is $100 cheaper could compare. I've only had it for a couple weeks, but it's performing great so far. I have only been using SR attys. I have the next couple weeks off work so I will be playing with it and seeing how it performs with other set ups ( ie.. EMDCC, DCC, LR attys/cartos).

ps..... Will is correct the connector leans slightly.

I read that Volcano had field testers for the Lavatube. Not sure how long the trials were held though. It must have held up pretty well, since it went on into production. So far, all I've seen is cosmetic problems mostly. The one major error the manufacturer had made was not drilling the vent hole out completely. That has been corrected. Some units had white spots in the paint finish. Some units in the first run had 510 connectors that weren't pressed down straight. I read that buyers were correcting that problem by pressing the 510 connector over, and down, till it was straight. I'd probably end up with a cracked end cap. So I'm waiting to purchase mine during the sale of the 2nd or 3rd production run. I'm assuming that they are selling the 2nd shipment now, from what I am reading. IMO the only major problem to be afraid of would be if the micro-processor developed problems in the programming. I have heard in videos and read on there forum that it does drop the voltage down to limit the current drain with LR loads. The Pro-vari does this also, and gives out an error code. Myself, I'd rather have the unit automatically drop the voltage down. I'm ok with that. Doesn't the Pro-vari have the same limitations? Or can you vape a LR load at high voltages on the Pro-vari? I don't own one. I'd like to know the limit point on a Pro-vari, when it gives the error code, using LR dual coils. All in all, I think Volcano has a nice low cost VV Mod. It's also easy to use, without having to press a menu button multiple times to get through a menu. The Lava tube has all the features I'd want except it doesn't give you a display read out of the resistance of the atomizer/cartomizer load.

I already have the Provari, so I bought this mod to see if a mod that is $100 cheaper could compare. I've only had it for a couple weeks, but it's performing great so far. I have only been using SR attys. I have the next couple weeks off work so I will be playing with it and seeing how it performs with other set ups ( ie.. EMDCC, DCC, LR attys/cartos).

ps..... Will is correct the connector leans slightly.

Looking forward to seeing your findings using the Lavatube along with LR and LR dual coils. I asked a person about this on the Volcano forum and he said that he thinks the cut off points on the Lavatube and Provari are about the same. 2.5 amp limits. He has both Mods also. I remember seeing a post that said the Lavatube is limited to 2.67 amps, but I can't find the post now.

Edited by JayH503

Quoting a post on the Volcano Forum, this is how the Provari and Lavatube handle a dual coil cartomizer-

Dual coil 1.5 Ohm on my Provari errors out at 4.2V and the Lavatube power is limited to about 4.1V but all gear have some variances, but right around 2.5A limit.

Quoting a post on the Volcano Forum, this is how the Provari and Lavatube handle a dual coil cartomizer-

Dual coil 1.5 Ohm on my Provari errors out at 4.2V and the Lavatube power is limited to about 4.1V but all gear have some variances, but right around 2.5A limit.

I've only used a DC on my Provari a couple of times, but I was able to go up to 4.6V. Any higher and I got an error.