New Cigarette Health Warnings

Beginning September 2012, FDA will require larger, more prominent cigarette health warnings on all cigarette packaging and advertisements in the United States.

Some other countries are already doing this, but damn, these are pretty hard core...

ucm259734.gif

ucm259735.gif

ucm259736.gif

ucm259737.gif

ucm259738.gif

ucm259739.gif

ucm259740.gif

ucm259741.gif

ucm259742.gif

You can read more directly from the FDA's website here: http://www.fda.gov/TobaccoProducts/Labeling/CigaretteWarningLabels/default.htm

Seeing the real thing didn't stop me, so I guess not. The only thing that has stopped me from smoking is vaping. So, so glad I found e-cigs and this site, couldn't do without either.

It happens :) If you submit a post and the screen just turns white, refresh. Chances are your post was submitted but your browser is stuck.

I'm 60 yrs old. I smoked for 48 yrs. have been vaping for 1 1/2 yrs now. I breath alot better and my Drs. are Pleased with my lung xrays.

If the new pictures were on the cigarette packs in 1962.I might not have started smoking.

Of course I can't know for sure, but I don't think the pictures would have stopped me from picking up the habit. I first tried an analog when I was probably 10. Some friends had them and gave me one. If that choking and coughing didn't stop me, I don't think anything would have. I snuck a cigarette any chance I had after that, but didn't start smoking full time until I was 15. I know for sure those pictures would not have helped me quit. It was the cost that finally made me want to quit, but even then I couldn't. Vaping is the only thing that ever worked for me. And it's still working - almost two years later.

I don't think there's a single smoker in america who is unaware of the dangers of smoking, self-righteous anti-smokers will jump at any opportunity to tell them. So will this inform anyone of something they weren't already aware of? probably not. would it have dissuaded me? no. This may be an unpopular opinion, but i think enough has been done to inform smokers of the health risks of smoking, smokers know it's bad, and have that voice in the back of their heads that quitting is probably a good idea, but quitting happens by choice, when the drive and desire to quit overpower the addiction, and no amount of fear-based mud-slinging or tax-hikes will fully eradicate smoking in its entirety.

But the true zealots of any cause never really stop after tunnel vision sets in. smoking at this point is wildly unpopular, broadly known to be extremely bad for your health, and ridiculously expensive. Friends telling friends about vaping will eventually do a hell of a lot more than outright oppression. I believe it's time for the anti-smoking zealots to slow it down a bit and let smokers quit on their own.

And hey, if you're an anti-smoker who has trouble letting people live their lives, maybe it's time to go after fast food, that :censored: will kill you way faster than smoking could ever hope to.

Jon

• 3 weeks later...

Are you kidding me? Smokers are masters of blocking things from the mind.

I've watched anti-cig commercials and it reminded me to go outside and smoke.....I'm so glad I'm off the Analogs, it's only been around two weeks but already them seem discusting to me, I'm a vapor all the way.

Most of us(maybe all) had our first smoke when we were very young. As each of you with a few years knows, youth is invincible. As a youth i tried and did a great many things that when i look back, were extremely foolish and dangerous. Smoking cigarettes was one of them. I don't believe that these pictures would have had a nit's worth of impact on me at that age. I could do anything and survive.

Most of us(maybe all) had our first smoke when we were very young. As each of you with a few years knows, youth is invincible. As a youth i tried and did a great many things that when i look back, were extremely foolish and dangerous. Smoking cigarettes was one of them. I don't believe that these pictures would have had a nit's worth of impact on me at that age. I could do anything and survive.

Very much agreed. At that age you just don't care.

People don't change until they want to change. If you want to quit smoking cigarettes, you will , when you're ready. If that means you switch to vaping, so be it.

Prohibition didn't work just because the gov wanted it.Pictures on a pack of smokes will not either. Isn't it funny how the gov wants us to quit doing all the things that they tax heavily in order to fund their inflated budgets? what will happen if everyone sees the new pictures on their smokes and decides to quit? Of course, that won't happen.:)

Just my $0.02

There is a fact that 100% of the forum members are already addicted to smoking. This kind of photos are on the European packs since a few years ago and I don't think anybody decided to quit smoking just because of them, but this kind of actions definitely helped us to take a decision. I really think that electronic cigarettes are far better than the regular ones, but only the time will demonstrate that, as the habit and the users are not older than a few years. In time the regular cigarettes have been proved to be unhealthy in a very bad way. We'll see what is going on with the e-cigarettes in 10-20 years from now.

For the time-being the in formations we get are through the TV and the topic is controlled by the big companies cigarettes manufacturers, so of course they will shout that E-cigarettes are as bad as the regular cigarettes.

But they care about us, didn't you know?

Of course they do!

Without us(taxpayers) they would not have our tax dollars to run a 'scare you to quit smoking' campaign, that will not work.

What's next....pictures of corpses and mangled vehicles on beer bottles?

How about pictures of rotten teeth on snickers bars?:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Increased pressure to quit smoking causes stress. As a result smokers want to smoke more. It's that simple.

Tactics == Response

fear == Stress

manipulation == Angry Stress

control == == Rebellious and Angry Stress

prohibition == Wonderful business opportunities for the Black market.. i.e. War

RESULT: Failure

Edited by Breal

Seeing the real thing didn't stop me, so I guess not. The only thing that has stopped me from smoking is vaping. So, so glad I found e-cigs and this site, couldn't do without either.

same here tryed it all no luck. i honestly feel a e cig might have aved my life lol.