Ego-T ... Gets Old Quickly

Carlos

I'm on my 9th day with no analogs so this whole experience is still a success, but my Ego-T, while still serving its purpose, is getting annoying with the constant leaks, heat or not and I'm looking for a recommendation for a new PV.

It has to be able to hold a charge for several hours and contain at least 1 ml "per serving", anything less and that'd be annoying too.

Shoot me your picks

Another option would be a juice box type of mod. The smaller mods carry a 3ml bottle of juice inside and the larger ones carry a 6ml bottle of juice inside. You can fill the bottles up and be set for just about the whole day. I've never had a leaking problem with mine and they are great to use while driving.

Example: I have this kind http://www.oldgoatmods.com/Page2.html - it's a small unit that uses the 3ml bottle and a 14500 battery. The battery will last at least 4 hours for me (much longer than that for most people).

And I have this kind http://www.rnrmanufacturing.com/Alii-Custom-Order_p_30.html - it's much larger and uses the 6ml bottle and an 18650 battery. This battery will last 18 to 24 hours for me (longer than that for most people).

There are other options in "juice box", "bottom feeder", "auto feed", type mods out there...these are just the ones I have and can recommend. I'm sure others are just as good.

Edited by nana

Yup John is correct, the eGo it an awesome model with lots of options. If the tanks are not working for you try a LR atomizer and direct drip or pick up some Boge Cartomizers. Cartomizers will hold quite a bit of liquid without the dripping issue. I use Boge cartomizer personally :thumbsup:

Yup John is correct, the eGo it an awesome model with lots of options. If the tanks are not working for you try a LR atomizer and direct drip or pick up some Boge Cartomizers. Cartomizers will hold quite a bit of liquid without the dripping issue. I use Boge cartomizer personally :thumbsup:

I'll look into the cartomizers, I'm still green to this vaping thing, so I'm trying to catch up. I like the Ego-T and the only issue I'm having is the leakage, other than that I coulnd't be happier. And dripping is not on the list right now

I have an LR atomizer which came with my first order, so the Boge will fit on my Ego ?

If is not much to ask, can you provide some links to the store on what's recommended for this situation?

thanks to all of you for the suggestions

vapor kings has bulk cartos for 50 for 50.00 or you can buy by the pack 5 for 8.00 or 9.00 bucks .i buy bulk they last a very long time much better deal .also coupon code VKBC will give you 10% OFF hope this helps .

I have several tanks which I rotate so I can keep them clean, but noticed they make that snapping sound when they are inserted in the atomizer but after several charges they slide in and out easily, being that the cause of the leakage I guess

I'm with Chris on the Boge cartomizers. I have a few of the ego-t tanks and my biggest complaint with them is the taste of the liquid.

But one thing I think you may be forgetting is that these tanks..cartos..attys etc aren't meant to last forever. they're throw-aways. They were never designed to last forever, that's the catch. You use them for a week or so....refill a few times and then toss them and get a new one. That's what the suppliers are counting on.

If they were a long term item then the suppliers wouldn't sell many. Even your Ego battery will quit on you eventually. It's just the price we pay for taking up the hobby of vaping. But when you compare it to the cost of smoking...we come out way ahead. Both money wise and health too!

Good luck and happy vaping.

Is this something that will improve my experience with the Ego-t ?

http://www.vaporkings.com/Dual-Coil-Heavy-Vapor-DCHV-510-mega-cartomizers-p/510-cartomizer-dchv-clear.htm

How many liquid can this hold ?

I'm reading the description and they're sold almost as "disposable" .. I'd rather clean my atty and tanks than spending the money on one time use stuff

Haven't tried this type yet, but I have tried the "clearomizers" and they work pretty well. Biggest draw back I've found is that the plastic tube works loose from the metal connector end and then leaks. But again...they aren't meant to be a permanent thing. These too will need to be tossed eventually.

Edited by snubber

I understand, not trying to be a cheap bastard, just don't like to be wasteful honestly, that applies to almost everything I do. I know my tanks are not meant to be used for months, but if I can make them last a few weeks that's good enough.

Just a heads up if you are looking into a bottom feeder.... The REO mini's are still available, and the grands are going live tonight I think. They do sell out very fast. The day I bought mine they sold out of the stock they put up in 12 minutes. BUT- if you get one, they are built to last, and you won't have to drip or worry about refilling all the time.

REO mini's here, but personally- i'd try for a grand with the 18650 battery. ..just thought I'd throw it out there are an option, as I am very satisfied with my REO.

Good luck!

I'm on my 9th day with no analogs so this whole experience is still a success, but my Ego-T, while still serving its purpose, is getting annoying with the constant leaks, heat or not and I'm looking for a recommendation for a new PV.

It has to be able to hold a charge for several hours and contain at least 1 ml "per serving", anything less and that'd be annoying too.

Shoot me your picks

I can tell you my experience with the ego-T was not bad, but yes, I lost flavor too. Something I found out after a while was cleaning them regularly is important. More than you would think. I use isopropyl alcohol after running warm water thru them then blow them out really good and let dry, later do a dry burn in short spurts to remove any iso tastes.

Making sure the wick is set right is also important. Too high, no juice gets to the atty, too low leaks like crazy. The LR attys are amazing and rival drip tips in my opinion. while the drip tips are REALLY good, having an all day vape and not having to mess with it is pretty good plus for me.

Anyway, hope this helps

Shoot me your picks

Just signed into the forum today and read your post. I love the ego T but had the same problem with leaking. The solution I found was a silicon replacement cap for the tank. I have vaped using the same tank now for around 3 weeks leak free. I also never remove the cap. I use a needle top bottle or syringe to fill with. Forum will not let me post site where I purchased them.

Ive got a pack of some new g4 clear cartos from wordup ecig coming in the next day or two. I'll report back on how well they work. I used the T for about 2 days and went back to a standard LR 501 and direct dripping. Went through like 3+ ml a day on the T vs about 10 ml a week by DD.

I'll let yall know how the new stuff works in a few daya

Just signed into the forum today and read your post. I love the ego T but had the same problem with leaking. The solution I found was a silicon replacement cap for the tank. I have vaped using the same tank now for around 3 weeks leak free. I also never remove the cap. I use a needle top bottle or syringe to fill with. Forum will not let me post site where I purchased them.

PM the link when you have a chance, I'd appreciate it

I'm about to order some more juice, I'm gonna try sweet-vapes and see how it goes, I've ordered twice since I started vaping, one from the forum store and another from Vapor Kings, but I feel I have to keep trying to evaluate my buying experience properly and also after trying different juices.

I'm looking for a modded PV that can provide a good vape, no leaking issues and cost less than a brand new car, shoot your suggestions :D