Cutting E Liquid With Glycerin

Hi and thanks in advance for the help. I am brand new to e cigs. I bought Wilton food grade glycerin and tried cutting my e liquid 50/50. It made me feel awful, like I had the flu. Is this unusual? What else can I use and where can I find it?

Thanks again!

Most pharmacies carry glycerine. It is sold as a skin protectant (one of the many uses for glycerin). at walmart, the brand I found is Humco. Even though it is sold as skin protectant, it is the right glycerine for mixing, even has the VG slightly sweet taste.

Not sure why the wiltons would make you feel bad....... What nicotine strength are you using?

Most pharmacies carry glycerine. It is sold as a skin protectant (one of the many uses for glycerin). at walmart, the brand I found is Humco. Even though it is sold as skin protectant, it is the right glycerine for mixing, even has the VG slightly sweet taste.

Not sure why the wiltons would make you feel bad....... What nicotine strength are you using?

I am using the first and only bottle of juice I have, Totally Wicked 36mg. I mixed a tiny amount just to try, 12 drops of e liquid, 12 drops of glycerin and 2 drops of water. I had been vaping the e liquid uncut before with no ill effects.

Hi MH1953, Are you cutting e-liquid that you purchased through a reputable vendor, or are you making your own juice by mixing unflavored nic (purchased through a reputable vendor), flavoring (not oil bases or extracts from the grocery store), USP Grade Propylene Glycol. Currently I am using Wilton Glycerin without any problems. I am thinking that it might be something else that is making you feel bad. Please let me know what you are starting with.

Could we have a bit more information please. Why are you cutting your liquid to 50/50? Was the nic content too high? Did you use a mixing calculator to determine how much VG to use?

I thought that 50/50 was the way to do it. I have no mixing calculator, just a dropper. I did 12 drops of e liquid and 12 of glycerin and 2 of water. Seriously, I was sick for about 2 hours. Thanks again.

I am using the first and only bottle of juice I have, Totally Wicked 36mg. I mixed a tiny amount just to try, 12 drops of e liquid, 12 drops of glycerin and 2 drops of water. I had been vaping the e liquid uncut before with no ill effects.

What is the PG/VG mix on the bottle of e-liquid from TW? Also, you are using distilled water right? Also, what is your reasoning for adding 50% VG to your excising juice?

Try a syringe to measure your nic juice with the results from the calculator. Droppers can vary even if they look the same size. You could end up with 24mg instead of your target 18mg.

When you said you vaped ejuice before with no ill effects, did you vape the 36mg your mixing with? Or a different lower mg juice?

Maybe try a different brand of vg just to make sure that's not the issue either?

Any chance you vaped a little to much and got a little to much nicotine? I know when I started I did that a few times. 36MG is pretty high... were you a very heavy smoker?

Edited by Brian

What is the PG/VG mix on the bottle of e-liquid from TW? Also, you are using distilled water right? Also, what is your reasoning for adding 50% VG to your excising juice?

I am using e juice from Totally Wicked. I mixed it 50/50 because I read somewhere that that was the correct ratio. I was cutting to stretch the liquid.

Thanks again

I'm mixing some grape ejuice I got for the vapor talk store with Humco glycerin from Walmart and not a problem so far.

Bought it for my wife who keeps insisting on how she wants to use less nic, it dilutes the taste a little but if you have a strong juice it makes it ideal to cut with.

i don't have a measurement for it, I mix in the ego tanks directly every time I prepare them, and use 3-4 drops of glycerin and fill the rest with juice, I shake the contents well though.

@mh1953 Vaping Mandycat is doing a show Saturday night and her guest is Kim from One Stop DIY Shop. This is the link http://www.goodprophets.com/gptv.htm THIS SATURDAY AT 9PM CENTRAL AND 10PM EASTERN ONE STOP DIY SHOP KIM WILL BE A GUEST ON MY SHOW, AND TOGETHER WE WILL LEARN HOW TO USE THE DIY KIT AND SOMEONE WILL HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN A MASTER DIY KIT AS SHOWN ABOVE

Just so you know, buying a higher mg nic and cutting it down does not really save you money. When you cut your liquid you end up losing a lot of flavor in the process. If you don't mind flavor loss than I guess it will work for you. One of the reasons people DIY is for flavor.

I am using e juice from Totally Wicked. I mixed it 50/50 because I read somewhere that that was the correct ratio. I was cutting to stretch the liquid.

Thanks again

50/50 is the right way to mix your liquid to 18mg/ml. Was it a new bottle of wiltons?? I ask this because, I haven't heard of any adverse reactions to cutting e liquid with wiltons( food grade) or humco (pharma grade glycerin),

Is it possible, even at 18mg the nicotine strength is too much?? Totally wicked is a reputable supplier, I haven't heard of any trouble with their liquids.

It really does sound like vaping too much nicotine.