How To Contribute High Quality Threads/replies To Vt

Whether this is your first time on a forum or even if you're an elder when it comes to forums, high quality content is the goal. By making your threads or replies higher quality, you raise the value of the forum along with contributing a meaningful post that could later help another user. Let's all make it a practice to contribute only high quality threads and replies to Vapor Talk.

When you make a reply to a thread, posting very short replies are considered low quality posts. Don't take offense by me saying this, but replying with "Thanks" will not help anyone in the future and in my opinion it's more of a waste of space.

Examples of low quality posts/replies:

======================================

1) "Cool story bro"

2) "Thanks"

3) "Okay"

As you can see, I can go from thread to thread by posting short letter words while improving my post count, but at the same time not contributing any type of real response.

By simply adding more detail to your thread, post or reply, you can turn your boring responses into high quality and be a more contributing member. It's about applying more content to the forum and the content you do apply, you make it meaningful.

Example of high quality posts/replies:

======================================

1) "That was a very cool story bro. I really enjoyed the read and look forward to hearing more about this discussion. Thanks a lot!"

2) "I highly appreciate what you've done. Thank you very much!"

3) "Okay, I'll definitely take that into consideration. Thanks for letting me know."

Understand that not only are you improving your post quality, but you are improving the forum as well. I hope to see you all around the forum and I look forward to seeing more HQ!

Thanks Blakeab84! While I can appreciate your suggestions for making someones posting record count for more than just a one or two word reply, my time is limited when it comes to reviewing threads or posts. If someones reply is two to three sentences long, with verbs and adjectives that add up to "Great Job" or "Thank You", I'll take the readers digest version. :thumbsup:

I understand, however it isn't meant for what you like, it's more meant for more adding content or more valued responses. Must you know that each time you make valued responses, Google finds those certain keywords.

What does this mean? This means higher rankings on Google for VaporTalk. When you get higher rankings, it leads to more registered users. Registered users leads to more content being applied to the forum.

I look at what will help the community as a whole instead of just 'what I like'. Please take no offense to my reply, I'm just stating my reasoning.

Good topic titles are good also, in fact probably most important. Google does much of it's ranking based on topic titles.

Bad Topic Title: OMG I need helpz pls!

Good Topic Title: My Joye 510 will not create vapor! or Help me with my broken e cigarette

Good topic titles are good also, in fact probably most important. Google does much of it's ranking based on topic titles.

Bad Topic Title: OMG I need helpz pls!

Good Topic Title: My Joye 510 will not create vapor! or Help me with my broken e cigarette

Yea, I believe a topic title to more valued because it's a heading. (h1, h2, h3), Correct?

This is a good topic, thank you Blake for bringing it up.

I will often disappear for long periods of time, but I'm not really gone, just not posting. I am still reading the posts to see what (if anything) is going on, but unless I have something to say that I think will contribute to the community, I will not post. I really don't care what my post count is, just as long as what I am saying is helpful in some way. So while my post count seems really low after a year of membership here, my post quality has always been mostly helpful.

Although my post count is high, it was never my intention to add to the post count. My intention has always been to help the new people when I could (even if it wasn't much), to welcome all the new people as I was welcomed when I joined, to give encouragement when it's needed, or to just acknowledge someone or something someone said. There have been times when things got a little "playful" or "chatty", but I always thought that went along with the "family" environment that has been created here. That "family" quality is one of the reasons why I like Vapor Talk so much. Another reason is that people can come here and get all of the information they might need in a friendly and non-threatening way. The people who give so freely of their time and knowledge are what make Vapor Talk what it is. In my opinion, the staff do a wonderful job of keeping everything in line. I truly appreciate each and every one of them.

Who cares! thumbsup.gif

I'm glad you've posted this, because you've finally met your match on your 'hard ***' persona.

Maybe you have this forum twisted to where you lay your useless lines of text. You may think that it looks cool or maybe you even get some kind of satisfaction by making others think you don't care. You've built not a wall, but yet a 'wanna be' portrayal of how you want others to view you. But let it be known, I'm no sucker for the untrue personality that escape from your beat up fingertips.

It is said that those who give off a 'hard ***' vibe are really trying to make up for something they lack beyond the Internet. Whether it be physically or mentally. No worries bro, we're here for you and will not judge your true colors.

Now that I've dropped a bit of Dr. Phil on you, it might give you some inspiration. However, I doubt it breaks your shell and I'm almost positive you'll reply with another **** head response. I love typing and I've not yet achieved carpal tunnel symptoms, so let's keep it going, yea?

I look forward to this discussion. :)

Hey there tough guy! No need to be a prick... nobody asked for your opinion on forum reply quality anyway! I honestly don't give a censored.gif what you have to say... n00b! So how about you STFU and go elsewhere so you can keep on acting like you are 'all knowing', so others can laugh at you too! You come here with the attitude that this forum should be run like you want it to... believe me, you'll will not have too many 'friends' here acting like that bro. I've been around here long enough and everyone here knows me and my 'personality'... and trust me, it's not because I'm lacking anything my friend. I would much rather have a little fun here then try to tell people how they should respond to threads! sleeping.gif

Edited by DAYVAPE

Hey there tough guy! No need to be a prick... nobody asked for your opinion on forum reply quality anyway! I honestly don't give a censored.gif what you have to say... n00b! So how about you STFU and go elsewhere so you can keep on acting like you are 'all knowing', so others can laugh at you too! You come here with the attitude that this forum should be run like you want it to... believe me, you'll will not have too many 'friends' here acting like that bro. I've been around here long enough and everyone here knows me and my 'personality'... and trust me, it's not because I'm lacking anything my friend. I would much rather have a little fun here then try to tell people how they should respond to threads! sleeping.gif

Tough guy? No, far from it nor do I try to act in such a way. It's okay if you feel threatened by my words. People who tend to act in such a way as yourself, trolling and what not tend to catch that vibe. No one asked for my opinion, yet no one asked for your low quality and smart responses either. Here's a tip for ya, bring'n higher quality content and meaningful replies helps the community. With that being said, it isn't an opinion, it's a fact. You don't care what I say, yet you're in my thread reading my responses. Very smart on the come back bro. I'm not looking for the forum to be ran as I want it to. Maybe you're mistaken the reasoning behind this thread. I've made this thread to inspire others to put more time into a reply or a post. Having friends on this forum isn't much of a problem for me as they know I'm only stating the obvious about you. I'm only here to contribute, not troll like yourself. By the way... There is a difference between having fun and being an ***. Try being a bit more respectful and then maybe others behind closed doors won't think your as obnoxious.

You calling me a noob doesn't hurt me, if that's what you are thinking? I am a noob to this forum and electronic cigarettes. I'm not really sure how that could be insulting. Weird.

You've responded just as I thought.

sleeping.gifWho was the one who started in with me for no reason anyway??

Am I the only one who has responded in such a way?

By the way prick... are you having fun giving me negative marks one every post I make? Grow up you loser... there is nothing funny about your actions!

I've only created a thread to inspire others to contribute high quality posts to help making this forum grow even larger than what it is now. That is all.

You've replied with a low quality as* hat of a response. That was very disrespectful, not funny, but plain out disrespectful.

I didn't like your reply so i figured I'd give you a minus. There is nothing immature about that at all.

Wow!! After reading through this thread I gotta say that this DAYVAPE character seems like he has serious social issues. What an ***

Yea, but don't let it reflect on his real life. The Internet can make people act differently than how they are really. I bet behind the screen he's probably a really cool guy.

Let's forget the past and look forward to more healthier discussions for the future. :)