Interesting Vaping Side Effects

Thought I'd share some things I've noticed since I've started vaping.

Heartburn and hiccups. Occasionally I get these symptoms. I believe it's from swallowing the liquid. I've heard nicotine can induce hiccups.

Sleepiness. An intense, but very very short spell I can only describe as sleepiness. It's not dizziness at all. Typically this happens when I've gone some time without vaping.

Anyone have any ideas?

this is interesting. I noticed I was getting heartburn for like the first week that I was vaping, but it passed. As for the sleepiness-I quit analogs cold turkey a couple years ago and would get super sleepy. My body was used to a fairly constant, consistent level of nicotine, and I think the lack of is what made me sleepy. Nicotine is of course a stimulant, and if it's something you're used to having, being without it could def cause some sleepiness.

These are all exact signs of to much nicotine. All of those symptoms are often accompanied by strange, erotic or nightmarish dreams. Whatever nicotine strength you are on needs to be stepped down to the next lowest level. These side effects are quite common for first time vapers.

Thanks Christopher. Goes to show how quickly the nic hits the brain. The sleepiness is instantaneous when I vape for the first time after a rest. As for the dreams, nothing unusual yet. Btw, I'm vaping 30mg red tobacco.

Edited by mobdan

I vape 24 mg of nic in my e-liquid daily..when I first started I was getting heart burn which felt like chest pains. my heart is fine after smoking 3 packs a day for 30 years. I also sleep good now and do not get up in the middle of the night like before. sometimes I will get hiccups but it is not bothersome. when I first started smoking analogs almost 30 years ago, I tried Newports and got Nicotine poisoning. The fiberglass in the filter was cutting my throat and caused me to get deathly sick with the poisoning from the nicotine.

Believe me. I couldn't be happier with vaping. I smoked a pack a day for 24+ years and haven't touched an analog in months, since I found vaping. I'll just be more careful to not swallow the juice.

• 2 weeks later...

The heartburn and hiccuping isn't always a sign of nicotine poisoning. I get it all the time. Even 1st thing in the am. It usually happens when I get a reckless throat hit and always happens when I get juice in my mouth. I get the heartburn more frequently that most vapers because I'm on a high protein diet. Protein by nature is very acidic so it doesn't take much to push me over the edge. I just didn't want people checking into the hospital next time they get heartburn or hiccups. Lol

My heartburn got so much better when I quit smoking. I still get it on occasion but not the daily nightmarish kind. I don't normally get the hiccups either but I wonder if vaping style can contribute in some cases. I've watched my mom vape, she leaves her lips fairly loose when she inhales, getting a ton extra air. Ive asked her why she does that she said its comfortable. She also complains about getting hiccups.

Side note To cure bad hiccups, Drink a glass of water with a pencil in your mouth.

• 1 year later...

I get dry mouth, sore throats and burning lips usually..And bleeding gums. I love vaping though, taste really good, even the menthol flavors. I never got the hic ups though.

Some coughing, and chest pain (I only noticed only on the blueberry cart i filled)..

Edited by rattfan

• 1 month later...

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="SonjaWi" data-cid="147468" data-time="1358614714"><p>

Stupid question - getting juice in your mouth? How does that happen? Is that not dangerous?</p></blockquote>

It will on occasion get into your mouth. Either by leaking or tilting or any number of reasons. Nothing horrible just a bad taste and maybe a numb tongue lol.

i only get heartburn when i vape before i eat in the morning... and as for the erotic dreams... lol like kingbdream said... oh wait, im a guy... lol but other than the heartburn before i eat ive had not other side effects. but everybody is different

Some of the side effects of vaping are Dry skin, Dry mouth, Rash/burning sensation on face, Itchiness, Puffy/dry eyes and Caffeine sensitivity.

Wow,never heard of any of those except the dry mouth!

They sound like allergy symptoms,maybe to PG or the flavoring hmmmm

• 1 month later...

I am heard about the many sideeffect like dry mouth,dry eyes,Itchiness and caffeine sensitivity. I think your problem come under caffeine sensitivity. I suggest you to try other vaps of different brand and check whether you feel same problem or not.

• 3 months later...

Thought I'd share some things I've noticed since I've started vaping.

Heartburn and hiccups. Occasionally I get these symptoms. I believe it's from swallowing the liquid. I've heard nicotine can induce hiccups.

Sleepiness. An intense, but very very short spell I can only describe as sleepiness. It's not dizziness at all. Typically this happens when I've gone some time without vaping.

Anyone have any ideas?

Whew...glad i'm not the only one getting heartburn when vaping.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know - I recently started using zantac because I have reflux:( SO If I was going to get heartburn I wouldnt know because I choke that zantac down with the coffee in the morning lol

I havent had any other side effects other than that strange sensation of being able to breathe after I was dubbed beetle juices case worker for the last 15 years ill try pay closer attention to see if there is anything that comes up.

ok-I have had horrible heartburn since last night it hasnt subsided till I went out and bought a chocolate flavor with no nic to mix with my 24 mg vanilla -I mixed it 3-1 favoring the chocolate no nic- seems to have helped .so maybe its the higher nicotine level ?

When i started vaping seriously and made the full time switch I really did not have any side effects except anxiety. I have epilepsy and take a good does of that medicine and one of them is for anxiety which the main med's bring on. I guess I was lucky because I slept better once I made the switch but in the am I do serious vaping for the throat hit. But anxiety which i blame on myself and the epilepsy meds is the only side effect I have personally had. I wish you well.