Liquinator Tank

I am a direct dripper and will do that whenever I can but I don't like dripping and driving so I have been looking for an alternative. Cartridges are terrible, Boge cartomizers were great at one point but they burn too easily unless you are frequently dripping or refilling them, which doesn't serve well as a direct drip alternative while driving. I then got an ego Tank and I can not get the flavor or performance to be suitable. Next came the MAP Tank mod which is perfect, for about 5 ML and then no matter what I do, the flavor goes south very quickly. I picked up a Precious Lv2, with the auto feeder, it works great but the unit was essentially DOA after 3 hours and I am now waiting on a replacement (since march!) The MAP was the best but only getting 5ML per carto was pretty frustrating.

I recently received a Liquinator Tank Mod. This one uses the BOGE carto again but this time, they cut slits in the bottom of it so that the liquid that surrounds the carto is constantly being saturated. It has not flooded the carto for me at all. The flavor and performance is great and the carto has not burned in 20 ML. I think this may be the perfect solution and wanted to share it with VT.

They do charge 5.95 for shipping then proceed to ship it first class... That is my only gripe and in the end it isnt really a big gripe.

Cutting the slot is very easy if you have a dremel or in my case, I use a drill with a dremel cutting disc.

Link to the site:

http://www.vaporescence.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=334

Video of the mod:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-49YN6RzXg&feature=player_embedded

Edited by Burn

I just got one of these, love it, but I didn't know you needed slotted cartos for it when I bought it.

Easy as pie.. just slide the carto, drip in the tank, slide carto back.

I had one 'slotted' carto that came with it, used it, and now it'll end up in the junk drawer.

Its a nice tank though, cheap, and works great! I'm just mad because I can't slot my own cartos :wallbash:

They've had some issues with cracking, but they are replacing the acrylic tube with polycarbonate. Other than that, they see to be working very well. I've been considering trying one of these, but will wait to see if I like the dual coil cartos first. If I like dual coil, then I may get one of htese. It's a little pricey though... hard for me to pay $25 (+$5 shipping) for a couple of gaskets and a piece of tube.

Clear dual coils don't fit, but the stainless do. Those would be fantastic in that tank!

So if the tank cracks, are we able to purchase the replacement poly tube?

From what I've seen, if you crack yours they will send you a replacement.

Clear dual coils don't fit, but the stainless do. Those would be fantastic in that tank!

Oh - and how is it that the clear ones don't fit? Are they narrower than the others?

Just a bit wider. It must be the thickness of the plastic is just a bit more than aluminum.

It's a bummer. If the stainless work like the boges though, it will keep it wet.

Just a bit wider. It must be the thickness of the plastic is just a bit more than aluminum.

It's a bummer. If the stainless work like the boges though, it will keep it wet.

Ah - okay. I know the stainless ones work (or that's what people are saying).

I got mine in the mail yesturday.. Love it so far, and no flooding.... They sell precut cartos as well on their site for those of you who are lacking in the dremel area... (like me) Sweet mod for those who drive for a living and hate having to stop and drip!!

• 2 weeks later...

Do you think you would need another set of slots a little higher to the top coil? and if so wouldnt that flood the bottom coil. Im glad to see a DIY on these though, I buy my own parts and make my own tanks but have recently lost interest in CE2s. I love dual coils on my regular ego batts, but they are a bit much for me on my infinity, I still prefer my boge cartos, so this would be perfect for them

• 3 weeks later...

Alright all you peeps with the Liquinators... please advise this incapable SOB as to why the hell I keep ending up getting these 'dry/harsh hits' after about 10 or so good ones?? I've literally slotted 10 or so cartos in slightly different ways trying to find what would work the best. Anywhere from a single slot all the way up to multiple ones, etc. Each time its the same ol thing... get it all put together, start vaping on it and its fine for like 10-15 minutes, then the dreaded 'dry/harsh vape' that that just wrecks my throat!

I'm frustrated as hell watching all these happy videos about the 'GREAT/WONDERFUL' experiences everyone is having with them and couldn't be happier! WTF man? I'm not a complete incompetent loser when it comes to running a freakin' Dremmel for crying out loud. I also read that you "must be careful as to not cut too deep into the filler as it will render it much less absorbant."

Please, anyone with advice it would be much appreciated! thumbsup.gif

I'm at a loss right now... let me know what you know that I don't know! thumbsup.gif

Edited by DAYVAPE

is your slots as WIDE as the pre cut one with the unit? i use a hacksaw, my first cut was thin but in and i had same issue, i figured out i could slide it down to block the airflow and give it a good quick suck and it would fill the cartos.... cut the slots wider, not deeper.

ALSO i got the dual coils with mine, used a couple of days and really didnt like them, cut a boge 2.0 and in heaven. hope this helps

DO NOT USE A CINNAMON FLAVOR IN THE TANK IT WILL FROST THE PLASTIC

Edited by Kingbtheone

Does someone have a coupon code for Vaporescence ? I'm ready to order my Liquinator and some other stuff, so if I can say a few bucks even better :)

Thanks if you can share, and if you don't too !

:thumbsup:

is your slots as WIDE as the pre cut one with the unit? i use a hacksaw, my first cut was thin but in and i had same issue, i figured out i could slide it down to block the airflow and give it a good quick suck and it would fill the cartos.... cut the slots wider, not deeper.

ALSO i got the dual coils with mine, used a couple of days and really didnt like them, cut a boge 2.0 and in heaven. hope this helps

DO NOT USE A CINNAMON FLAVOR IN THE TANK IT WILL FROST THE PLASTIC

EXACTLY! I finally figured out the same thing... slide the tank down to block the air inlet and give it a couple of good pulls! Fills that carto up like a champ now! What I don't get is why am I one of those that has to do this to draw in liquid? I guess some people aren't required to do this step as there cartos stay wet enough on their own. After cutting up 10 different cartos you would think one of them would work like it's supposed too! Anyway, I'm still diggin' this tank w/ the LR Boge cartos though... and now I know I can at least get liquid where it needs to be! I highly recommend this to anyone who already enjoys cartomizers... it makes life a lot easier when it comes to keeping the filler material nice and wet. Man, I sure am glad I didn't throw in the towel on this, after I sat and thought it through it now works great! I actually talked to James from Vaporescence on the phone and he couldn't figure out for the life of him why it wasn't working for me. I had done everything exactly as I was supposed to do when setting it up but it would NOT soak up any juice from the tank. And even the one they sent out with it that was already cut didn't pull in anything! Evidently others don't have any issues with it working because all I was finding and hearing was 'how great it works, etc'. Either way, I guess I'm now satisfied w/ the Liquinator, especially since I know what I need to do for it to work for me. It's certainly much easier/quicker than popping off a drip tip and 'topping off' all the time!

Thanks for the advice though kingbtheone... at least I know I'm not the only one that has to do this to 'juice up' their carto. Hell, I just assumed that the filler was supposed work as a wick and draw in the liquid in, had no idea I needed to do 'suck it in'! I searched high and low online for tips on how to use it and could only find a few videos out there. And they were all of people praising the thing... not how to make it work!

By the way, I cut my own cartos with a dremmel and it works like a champ! Oh, and it only needs two small slots on each side of the carto, ask me how I know! I finally got pissed off enough that I took one and slotted that baby to pieces... and it still didn't work. no.gif

All it really takes is two little slits that are about 1/4" long each... until you can just barely see filler. (If you use high VG juices you may need larger slots though so it can penetrate.) Then, I take a dental pick and just make sure there aren't any small bits left floating around, and make sure the filler isn't blocked off. If you aren't careful with a dremmel, and you take too long cutting the slot, you can get it too hot and it will actually 'scorch' the filler and nothing will be able to pass through. You want to make the cut as fast and clean as possible and it will be fine. I would guess a hacksaw would work as well then you wouldn't need to worry about getting it too hot since it's not nearly as high speed as a dremmel wheel. The dremmel is just a lot more fun than using a hacksaw though... so that was the route it chose. laugh.gif

All in all... this 'tank' is a GREAT investment IF you are a carto user/fan! thumbsup.gif

Edited by DAYVAPE

Has anyone seen the '3ml J-Tank' that Jason has over at Electronicstix ?? Exact same concept using the slotted cartos.

"J-TANK" thumbsup.gif

I like the fact that his fits nice and tight on the carto though... the Liquinator's tank fits way too loose IMO! I am always adjusting the thing because it moves with the slightest little bump/touch. I often find juice leaking from the bottom past the o-ring because of this fitment issue. From the sounds of it, the 'J-Tank' can't possibly leak since it fits like it does... and I like the sounds of that a lot. Of course it's just my luck... 1 week after I buy the Liquinator, I see the one that Jason has! For the price though ($20 for tank only), I think I will go ahead and grab his up too when the next batch comes in. (they will also be PolyCarbonate instead of acrylic he says) Rumor is he is also going to have a 5ml tank version and one for the longer/mega style cartos... pretty much all of the ones like the Liquinator has available.

Edited by DAYVAPE

I take it you missed the 'no cinnamon' memo that day huh? thumbsup.gif

Seriously though... how often do you have to close off the air inlets to suck juice in to the carto? It's kind of getting to be a pain in my censored.gif having to do that after every 8-10 drags or so! I have yet to have a single carto actually wick the juice in by itself... I've had to 'help' them all with that little trick. wallbash.gif

Edited by DAYVAPE

hard to fill???????? wow

im noticing it the juice! my BWB was making me have to take a hard wick and now this cheaper PG dekang juice just flows right in no issues using same carto as a test. im on to something here

and do you see anything warning users about cinnamon ?????????

http://www.vaporescence.com/shop/ego-e-cigxmego-kits-and-accessoriesxm/3ml-510.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_new.tpl&product_id=351&category_id=128

Edited by Kingbtheone