510 Issue...

So I recieved my 510 yesterday and was giddy like a school girl. Having spent the weekend with 2 friends who had a 901 and another one I never got the name of, i was psyched. I did the charging during the day and vaped for a good 4-5 hours in the evening (while finishing batman, awesome game, buy it) and used all day in the car at work. I drive 10 hours a day so i did much switching of the 2 starter batts but all was good. One problem.... the vapor production.... not as awesome as I see in like EVERY VIDEO!!!! I got the 510 specifically because it was touted as "the best". Now dont get me wrong, it doesn't suck.... but the vapor isn't there like it is for alot of other ppl I've seen. I thought, maybe it's the juice. I have dulcis, mentha, and awesomevapor banana, but realized that chris probably uses his stuff in the video and his vapor was good. Anyone have any ideas???

EDIT: Wanted to add... vapor production is better indoors then in a moving vehicle. Maybe air turbulance or something. My friend with the 901 confirmed this. He said his doesnt make good vapor in a car with the windows down either.

Edited by xXDoofusmanXx

You know I've actually been hearing this a lot from people and I don't really have an answer. What I can say is that I just got some new 510 atomizers in the mail and I noticed that Joye has changed the design. Before the atomizer used to be a little different and there was some fiber strands inside. (Used to help draw liquid from the cart) This is no longer the case. The only thing I can think is that the new atomizers don't work as well as the told. But again I can't comment because I havn't used the new ones. (I've been using the Janty Stick)

Anyone else been having bad performance with their 510?

Also, I don't drip. I'm using just carts. Now when I fill them, I top those badboys off and the first 3 hits are great but then it's back to "meh" vapor production. And one othe thing i forgot to mention, if i dont put the cart on just the right way, the atty melts a little bit of the plastic of the cart.

You know how the atty is like an upside down U and the part of the cart that slides into the atty is rounded on 2 sides an flat on the others? if i put the flat sides into the atty as if they were pinching together the sides of the U.... you get the idea. WTF is up with that? My friend's e-cigs don't have that issue either.

Again, I dont want to sound whiney because it's really a minor issue and I just have to be mindful of it when I put the cart in. I just built up alot of expectations on the 510 between videos and written reviews that maybe i expected too much :blush:

Yea it's sort of normal for the 510 to get great hits then die down a bit. (I think it needs to cool down) It takes quite a bit of juice. I don't use carts at all with it. Usually 3 drops will get me 6-7 good puffs then I'm having to fill again.

The thing is, other than the Penstyle most of the ecig models on the market at the time (and in fact still) suck. (For lack of a better word) This was the first small unit that created a decent amount of vapor, most of which is because of the manual battery and no cut off time. Until the 510, most models had auto batteries which crapped out every other week (seriously it used to be buy 1 atomizer a month and a new battery) and where large. The penstyle was awesome but it was just so damn big. Then the 510 really changed things up. I suppose you had to use a crap tone of model before to really appreciate it, the bottom line though, is that the ecig has quite a long way to go. There are some custom ecigs being created by a few suppliers that will really kick things into gear, vapor production wise anyway, then maybe China will get their crap togeather and pump out a new model and I mean a REALLY new model not just another size.

Ok, well at least I'm not crazy. I'm not dripping and i notice when i do, there is definitly better vapor. Like I said, I'm being a bit whiney. Overall I'm really liking the 510 and haven't had an analog all day and no urge for one so it's doing the job :D I have to order 2 more kits for my parents who tried it. Cigs in NY are $7.25 minimum up to as much as $9 depending on where you go and there was an indian reservation that they went to that just got raided, so no more cheap ciggs for them. They find this to be an excellent alternative.

All atomizers have a break in peroid as well it will take a day or two of use before you start getting the full vapor production, which is why we generally use the products we review for about a week before we make the video review

EDIT: Wanted to add... vapor production is better indoors then in a moving vehicle. Maybe air turbulance or something. My friend with the 901 confirmed this. He said his doesnt make good vapor in a car with the windows down either.

Me too! I just got a 510 and I've noticed the same thing when I'm in the car, even with just my A/C on. Strange...

I've got two 510s, and the old one (almost 5 months now) is still sporting the original atty and one battery from the original pair. Yet to have an atty burn out with 'em, and for that reason alone am very impressed with the 510. Vapor production, to me, is still better on a well-tempered penstyle, but as others have noted, I'll go through 2-3 penstyle atomizers a month and as many batts or more, so the endurance (and consistency) of penstyles leave a lot to be desired. I think you get better flavor hit from a 510, as well. Seems to carry the flavor onto the palette better than do penstyles.

Batts on the 510 seem to have a decent shelf life, but I can suck one of those puppies dry in an hour or less, which isn't bad, I suppose, since they also charge quickly... but still, switching batts so often is a nuisance. Would like to try a larger battery assembly of some kind with a 510 atty.

Me too! I just got a 510 and I've noticed the same thing when I'm in the car, even with just my A/C on. Strange...

Try vaping on a motorcycle. Whew.

Seems to help if you cup your hand around the air intake. On a penstyle, this would be the end of the battery by the LED. Protect the intake from drafts and you'll get better draw. But in a real stiff wind, could be impossible to get a good hit.

All atomizers have a break in peroid as well it will take a day or two of use before you start getting the full vapor production, which is why we generally use the products we review for about a week before we make the video review

Good to know. I've been hittin them all night and I have to say, they are hitting a little better now. I don't know if it's because im not in a fast moving vehicle or they are breaking in but i'm enjoying it more for sure. I'm noticing mentha seems to make alot of vapor, moreso then the other juices I have. My buddy has some JC juice i want to try and I'm going to try some other juices too. I'm really digging banana from arno though. So far on the first day, that's been my main juice.

I hear that! I'm on a bowling league on Tuesday nights and I started freaking a little tonight when I moved on to my 3rd battery before we even started our 3rd (and last) game. I suppose the PCC will suffice (once I get it in the mail)?

Yea it's sort of normal for the 510 to get great hits then die down a bit. (I think it needs to cool down) It takes quite a bit of juice. I don't use carts at all with it. Usually 3 drops will get me 6-7 good puffs then I'm having to fill again.

Oh good! I thought I was going nuts or doing something very wrong. I find that 3 drops works better than 2 and filling is quite frequent. I did notice those stringy things poking out of the atty. I took a chance and removed them from one atty, I think it works better without them.

I've got two 510s, and the old one (almost 5 months now) is still sporting the original atty and one battery from the original pair. Yet to have an atty burn out with 'em, and for that reason alone am very impressed with the 510. Vapor production, to me, is still better on a well-tempered penstyle, but as others have noted, I'll go through 2-3 penstyle atomizers a month and as many batts or more, so the endurance (and consistency) of penstyles leave a lot to be desired. I think you get better flavor hit from a 510, as well. Seems to carry the flavor onto the palette better than do penstyles.

Batts on the 510 seem to have a decent shelf life, but I can suck one of those puppies dry in an hour or less, which isn't bad, I suppose, since they also charge quickly... but still, switching batts so often is a nuisance. Would like to try a larger battery assembly of some kind with a 510 atty.

TW carries mega 510 batts they are a bit longer and are supposed about twice as long and if you have a janty stick janty USA offers an adapter for a 510 atty and I'm sure parked over at diet smokes will have them soon if he doesn't already.

Heh, if you want to improve vapor production, add some vegetable glycerin to your e-liquid. :P

I vape 50/50 e-liquid and VG and blow plumes of vapor from any e-cig model. The VG has some cons to it though. It cuts the nicotine strength and flavor of the liquid based on the ratio of VG to liquid.

Oh good! I thought I was going nuts or doing something very wrong. I find that 3 drops works better than 2 and filling is quite frequent. I did notice those stringy things poking out of the atty. I took a chance and removed them from one atty, I think it works better without them.

I pulled some of that stringy stuff out of one atty not realizing they are a part of the atty. I thought it was some bunt on polyfiber. That one is kind of shot now : :( i got 4 coming in the mail, but now im down to just 1.

I pulled some of that stringy stuff out of one atty not realizing they are a part of the atty. I thought it was some bunt on polyfiber. That one is kind of shot now : :( i got 4 coming in the mail, but now im down to just 1.

Weird, just weird. The one I pulled the fibers out of still works fine. It works just like the other 3 attys that I have and I didn't remove those fibers. Hmmm....I guess this can be chalked up to another E-cig mystery.

Actually I honestly think it depends on how you pull it out. Those "strings" are very close to the heating coil, if you pull it the wrong way, there is a chance your going to pull on the heating coil which is very small. Thus the reason why some of you now have dead atomizers.

I havn't pulled apart a 510 atomizer in a while but here's what I found out. Every atomizer, at least that I have looked at, has an "arch" over it. That "arch" is made up of really thin pieces of metal and covered with some sort of "steel wool" type wrap. That's why they look the way they do. I noticed when pulling it apart that the "steel wool" covering over the top of the "arch" and wraped around the outside is VERY delicate and falls apart VERY easily. In fact it falls apart sooo easily that I had one fall apart from putting a paper towel in the atomizer and twisting it to try and dry the inside.

So I guess what I am trying to say is that I recommend just leaving the "strings" there. If you pull them out you could take the chance of making the "steel wool" covering stuff fall apart. I've also heard rumors that the makers put some in there purposly, don't know why but, for some reason they supposedly do.

• 3 weeks later...

Also, I don't drip. I'm using just carts. Now when I fill them, I top those badboys off and the first 3 hits are great but then it's back to "meh" vapor production. And one othe thing i forgot to mention, if i dont put the cart on just the right way, the atty melts a little bit of the plastic of the cart.

That is all you can expect to get from the cart. I tried every trick in the book, or youtube anyway, to make carts work. The only way to get consistant vapes is to drip. I was totally against it at first, but then I realized no matter what I did with the cart I would get three or four good hits then, meh. With dripping you vape until you get meh and then you drip more, plus no wierd smoking pillow flavor.

I'm new to the 510 but I have to say it is pretty impressive for an e-cig. I use the carts and have been getting some good vape from them so far. I tend to add to them after a while to just "top" them off. This seems to keep the vape strong.

I noticed while in the car I held my 510 near the AC vent and cooled it down to cold to the touch and the Vapor was extreme.Maybe cooling down fast draws the juice into the atty's metal fibers or something..I was so suprised to see it work so well...Might need a cooling pad on my coffee table to cool it faster between puffs LOL....

So I recieved my 510 yesterday and was giddy like a school girl. Having spent the weekend with 2 friends who had a 901 and another one I never got the name of, i was psyched. I did the charging during the day and vaped for a good 4-5 hours in the evening (while finishing batman, awesome game, buy it) and used all day in the car at work. I drive 10 hours a day so i did much switching of the 2 starter batts but all was good. One problem.... the vapor production.... not as awesome as I see in like EVERY VIDEO!!!! I got the 510 specifically because it was touted as "the best". Now dont get me wrong, it doesn't suck.... but the vapor isn't there like it is for alot of other ppl I've seen. I thought, maybe it's the juice. I have dulcis, mentha, and awesomevapor banana, but realized that chris probably uses his stuff in the video and his vapor was good. Anyone have any ideas???

I use a Joye 510 and I do really love it. I do drip into the cart. I use JohnsonCreek Reduced PG Juice and that may produce a little more vapor with the vegetable glycerine aspect. And, I do drip, or drip my e-liquid into the cart. I don't really replace one cart for another. I just remove my cart, drop juice into the cart, and put it back and vape away. I get nice vapor with this method on my 510. I've not had a bad experience using this method. Hope this helps.