510 Issue...

We got 2 510 kits a few couple days ago. One kit has mad mad vape. And the other has one atomizer that is producing a cloud half the thickness of the rest. These are all brand new attys. The one that is performing half is is the only one with fiber visible. the others have some clear whiteish stuff where the fiber usually is. So, I'm kind of at a loss with this one, because it works. It just works like sht. I dont think the seller will replace considering it is producing vape. What do you guys think? The kit is new. Suck it up and buy another atty? If it makes any difference, I did drop 75 bucks on the kit and a usb charger from this vendor. A little high, but they were near, and I needed the quick delivery. If you look at Chris' post on the first page, my experience with these different types is opposite. Maybe they just put it together like crap at the factory. Why would I get one with fiber and one with the other stuff in the same kit too? I think these things cost the vender 3-5 bucks, so it would be nice if they would just replace, just dont know how to approach them on this one.

--Jason--

We got 2 510 kits a few couple days ago. One kit has mad mad vape. And the other has one atomizer that is producing a cloud half the thickness of the rest. These are all brand new attys. The one that is performing half is is the only one with fiber visible. the others have some clear whiteish stuff where the fiber usually is. So, I'm kind of at a loss with this one, because it works. It just works like sht. I dont think the seller will replace considering it is producing vape. What do you guys think? The kit is new. Suck it up and buy another atty? If it makes any difference, I did drop 75 bucks on the kit and a usb charger from this vendor. A little high, but they were near, and I needed the quick delivery. If you look at Chris' post on the first page, my experience with these different types is opposite. Maybe they just put it together like crap at the factory. Why would I get one with fiber and one with the other stuff in the same kit too? I think these things cost the vender 3-5 bucks, so it would be nice if they would just replace, just dont know how to approach them on this one.

--Jason--

That seems to be the problem with some attys. You'll get a few bad ones here and there. But you say it's still new, so maybe it just needs to be broken in. Some attys take a little more time than others. I'd say keep using it and see if gets better. If it doesn't then it wouldn't hurt to try and contact the vendor. Depending on where you bought it from, they may send you a replacement. Where did you buy it from anyway?

That seems to be the problem with some attys. You'll get a few bad ones here and there. But you say it's still new, so maybe it just needs to be broken in. Some attys take a little more time than others. I'd say keep using it and see if gets better. If it doesn't then it wouldn't hurt to try and contact the vendor. Depending on where you bought it from, they may send you a replacement. Where did you buy it from anyway?

Bought it from out of florida. I thought they were in nor cal from what my research told, but the unit was shipped from florida. Maybe it was a drop ship or somethin.

--Jason--

• 3 weeks later...

Bought it from out of florida. I thought they were in nor cal from what my research told, but the unit was shipped from florida. Maybe it was a drop ship or somethin.

--Jason--

Jason,

is in Florida the address is on the warranty page. We do not drop ship or accept back orders.

Cheers,

Art

i've had my 510 for 3 mos. now and it's been great so far. my two attys are still working like champs. Also, i don't know why i took so long to take the cotton thing out coz when i did, and started dripping, i noticed a pretty nice vapor production increase, so i'm all over that. one more thing, i've dropped my 510 a few times now, and i just dropped it today when i got off of work, and when i got home i noticed that the little white round piece that covers the light on the battery is GONE!!! lol...its so much brighter now, cant wait to vape at night now...LOL.

• 1 month later...

I think some of these 510 atty's that look different might be knock off's

All mine have pretty much work great. I will never pull the string out from inside- I've heard good and bad but mine works fine the way it is.

To the guy above, missing his ash cap. Try putting the little rubber cap from the cart over the end- really looks cool! Also works great for - "tapping" to get the juice towards the atty.

• 1 month later...

You know I've actually been hearing this a lot from people and I don't really have an answer. What I can say is that I just got some new 510 atomizers in the mail and I noticed that Joye has changed the design. Before the atomizer used to be a little different and there was some fiber strands inside. (Used to help draw liquid from the cart) This is no longer the case. The only thing I can think is that the new atomizers don't work as well as the told. But again I can't comment because I havn't used the new ones. (I've been using the Janty Stick)

Anyone else been having bad performance with their 510?

I just ordered some new 510 atomizers, and they are wayyyy different inside. Instead of the metal mesh surrounding the parameter inside the atty, its what looks like a metal washer instead. The opening down there is now really small, and if I drip, the pressure from putting my tip on actually makes it squirt ( yes squirt ) the juice out the back of the atty. I have had to use cartridges for this reason. I dont like carts. :veryangry:

Has anyone else seen these attys. I just bought a crap ton of them and found them all to be this new "washer-style". Definitely unhappy with them.

I just ordered some new 510 atomizers, and they are wayyyy different inside. Instead of the metal mesh surrounding the parameter inside the atty, its what looks like a metal washer instead. The opening down there is now really small, and if I drip, the pressure from putting my tip on actually makes it squirt ( yes squirt ) the juice out the back of the atty. I have had to use cartridges for this reason. I dont like carts. :veryangry:

Has anyone else seen these attys. I just bought a crap ton of them and found them all to be this new "washer-style". Definitely unhappy with them.

I just adapted my Spade and 510 PT to 801 attys and they work great compared to the 510 carts. IMHO anyway.

Here's alink for the adapers.

http://shop.goodprophets.com/product.sc?productId=89&categoryId=4 :construction:

Thanks all! :thumbsup:

I got my first batch of materials for making my own juice. I can hardly believe how good these attys are working now, dripping to no less. Unthinkable before, but this juice is the easiest vaping juice I've ever used. I've never had any juice give me so many good hits {10-15} for just three small drops like this does either. I couldn't be more happy if I was a barren woman who just gave birth to twins...these attys just got saved from the garbage.

Hi eswigger, I posted a couple of pics in the Gallery showing the difference between the Joye510 and the knock off atty.

Thanks for the pics jeff. yea that's the "washer-style I'm looking at when I gaze down inside. The vendor I got them from is remedying the situation and getting rid of them. Offered to give me my money back if I wanted it...all seems to be ok in the world again...( taking long thick puff)...Yes..everything is ok. :wine::fun:

• 2 weeks later...

Oh good! I thought I was going nuts or doing something very wrong. I find that 3 drops works better than 2 and filling is quite frequent. I did notice those stringy things poking out of the atty. I took a chance and removed them from one atty, I think it works better without them.

I remove the fibers from all of my 510 atty's... and I couldn't be happier!

But I only direct drip also... they might not work as well if I tried using a cart.

I don't see that happening anyway.

Edited by DAYVAPE

i don't know if this has been done already, but a sticky post or video somewhere with those (or other) image would be awesome.

...showing how to spot a knock off, or how one brand differs from another.

Edited by Stirfry

i don't know if this has been done already, but a sticky post or video somewhere with those (or other) image would be awesome.

...showing how to spot a knock off, or how one brand differs from another.

See jeffb's gallery pics. He's got them right there.

I havn't pulled apart a 510 atomizer in a while but here's what I found out. Every atomizer, at least that I have looked at, has an "arch" over it. That "arch" is made up of really thin pieces of metal and covered with some sort of "steel wool" type wrap. That's why they look the way they do. I noticed when pulling it apart that the "steel wool" covering over the top of the "arch" and wraped around the outside is VERY delicate and falls apart VERY easily. In fact it falls apart sooo easily that I had one fall apart from putting a paper towel in the atomizer and twisting it to try and dry the inside.

So I guess what I am trying to say is that I recommend just leaving the "strings" there. If you pull them out you could take the chance of making the "steel wool" covering stuff fall apart. I've also heard rumors that the makers put some in there purposly, don't know why but, for some reason they supposedly do.

The only problem with those worthless crap strings is that they can fall apart and end up on and around the coil. Then guess what? Yeah, tastes great after a while. And they usually end up fouling the atty coil after a bit. Of course they are all different, etc. but I've just been one of those guys that takes them out. And it's quite easy and I can do it in about 5 minutes by pulling them all out at once. I don't know... I wouldn't recomend anyone to remove them for no reason I guess. But I personally think it makes mine last even longer because I don't get those damn fibers falling apart after time and ending up on the coil. To each their own. PEACE! :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE