Am I Vaping Too Much?

Hi all, I'm pretty new to vaping, and was only smoking about 10- 15 cigs a day. I've slipped a couple of times but have pretty much gone completely e-cig, but find that I am now vaping a lot more than I ever smoked. I mean like all day. It's just so convenient, and better tasting, I can't seem to stop myself. I use 18mg, and haven't really noticed any trouble, but don't know if it's just too much. When I can I vape. sometimes like 4 sessions of 8-15 hits an hour. Is this really bad? has anyone come across any negative effects from this? I don't think the Nicotine is causing any bad effects, other than maybe late at night when It'll just keep me up later, but I don't really mind this. I work like 12 hours a day, so I can use the help. Just wondering, thanks.

Many report vaping more often than they smoked. I know I do. I don't really have vape sessions like when I smoked... I'm taking a hit or two or three every several minutes +/-.

Hi and welcome to VT. I see nothing wrong with vaping a lot more them what you smoked. least you are not smoking. I smoked for 30 yrs and smoked 2 1/2 packs per day. I vape more now then I smoked before. only had 3 urges to smoke a real cig and did not give into the cig. keep vaping my friend. It will help you in the long run. Vape on!

Many report vaping more often than they smoked. I know I do. I don't really have vape sessions like when I smoked... I'm taking a hit or two or three every several minutes +/-.

yeah, now that you mention it. that is closer to what I do too. I recently quit smoking so I do tend to mimic the smoking ritual of taking 8-10 hits sometimes, but most of the time I find myself just takind a puff or two everywhere, I guess it kind of balances out. just wasn't sure. Is there a point where I should be worried?

I found myself vaping all the time so I switched to lower nic to keep from getting too much.Now I use no nic or low nic all the time .Harder to find Dekang no nic liquids,and I haven't found a domestic that I like or that doesn't ruin my atty's/cartos too fast.

I think everyone vapes more than they smoked. I haven't heard any negative side effects, although in truth, vaping is quite new and long term studies have yet to be done. Most common are some small complains. Things like dry mouth, itchy throat maybe, sensitive teet and/or tongue. Any small thing like that seems to pass. Probably just your body getting used to something new. Or more nic than you're used to. Long as you arent experiencing anything negative, vape on I say!

Also once the newness wears off a bit, the chain vapage might slow. A little. Not much. But a little. Lol!

Besides- half the fun is trying new juices & mixing them together. I prefer to think of my vaping as R&D!

Any time I am sitting, I am vaping. I thought my husband would mind, because he is a non-smoker and I thought it would bother him if I vaped around him but, not. He likes the smell of the flavors I use. He will say, what cha "smokin". He now knows when I'm vaping coffee or dessert flavors. So as long as he doesn't care if I vape, I'm vaping. Of course I vape way more than I smoked because I had to go outside to smoke. Seems funny to be inside. I haven't experienced any ill effects from vaping my 24mg.

I've only been at this 2 weeks, but here's my 2 cents, FWIW.

I vape all day. Even at work I am discrete. I read somewhere that each cartomizer is worth 3-5 cigs. I was smoking 12-15 cigs a day. Now I vape about 2.5 cartos. That seems about right I figure! Maybe even a little less. I vape at 18 mg, and read that someone said if I get a little stronger I might vape less. We'll see...but if not, I'm back down to a lower 'dose.' Even my ex, who is a doctor, says that the patch is 24mg for an all day. So he said that vaping 2.5 cartos seems about right. Don't quote me.This is his opinion, not medical advice.

Edited by cheryli

No worries !! I have become a chain vaper. I never have to wait to go have a smoke or satisfy my nic/smoking needs. vaping really has made things so much less complicated.

When I figure out the amount of liquid I use daily (give or take), it actually all comes out about even mg for mg.

It seems like I am vaping more than I smoked but same thing--draw for draw its about even. I just no longer run out to have a smoke or 2 every hour or 2. The draws are just spaced out more evenly throughout the day.

No worries !! I have become a chain vaper. I never have to wait to go have a smoke or satisfy my nic/smoking needs. vaping really has made things so much less complicated.

When I figure out the amount of liquid I use daily (give or take), it actually all comes out about even mg for mg.

It seems like I am vaping more than I smoked but same thing--draw for draw its about even. I just no longer run out to have a smoke or 2 every hour or 2. The draws are just spaced out more evenly throughout the day.

I think I'm a chain vaper too. I was a pretty good chain smoker back in the day before I quit the first time.

I think I draw less though. I wanted to ask.. could we become addicted to the PG? :o

It's the wierdest thing.

I used to smoke first thing when I got out of bed in the morning. Since I've gone strictly to vaping (only a few days ago I might add) I can go for a long period of time without needing it first thing in the morning.

At work I vape quite often...usually five or six good hits every half hour...but I used to smoke every half hour.

At home I just vape when I feel like it.

Have you had any negative effects?

My husband and I both smoke Kool 100's (menthol) @ a pack 1/2 a day, we just tried South Beach 2pc assorted pk 11mg menthol and e-cigs 2pc reg. 18mg, but all of them cause both of us to have deep coughing fits but when smoking our Kools cigarettes we don't have this. I was wondering if it's because we just tried it or if it's something else, maybe we need 2 try no or lower nicotine . I joined this forum n hope of finding a good e-cig 4 us !!! TIA, Nature

My husband and I both smoke Kool 100's (menthol) @ a pack 1/2 a day, we just tried South Beach 2pc assorted pk 11mg menthol and e-cigs 2pc reg. 18mg, but all of them cause both of us to have deep coughing fits but when smoking our Kools cigarettes we don't have this. I was wondering if it's because we just tried it or if it's something else, maybe we need 2 try no or lower nicotine . I joined this forum n hope of finding a good e-cig 4 us !!! TIA, Nature

I wouldn't try lower nic levels, if anything I would go higher, since your coming off of analog cigs, which gives you higher nicotine faster than vaping. I started with a blu cig, and had a similar reaction. I'm pretty sure it's your body trying to get rid of all the tar from the regular cigs. I sent back the blu cig as it didn't feel enough like I was smoking a cigarette. I now have a 510-tank, with low resistance cartridges that I use when I really want a big throat hit, but the e-cig I keep going back to is My Safe Cig. The safe cig, I think, has the most realistic draw and flavor, that I've tried. I was a little more expensive than a lot of other ones, but once I figured out how to open the cartridges and refill them myself, I really started to enjoy it. A lot of people here will tell you to get an Ego, which I think is a great e-cig, and for a lot less money than the safe cig. the only problem I had with the ego, and the 510 is that as I just switched over from analogs to e-cigs, I still tend to want something that feels, looks, and draws like a real cigarette, and the safe cig gives me that, like I said the 510 gives me biggger stronger hits, but sometimes I just want something cigarette like. that's when I go to the safe cig. I heard some bad things about the south beach cigs, but I never used one, so I can't compare. I would say to try again. you body will adjust, and in the end you will feel a lot better vaping instead of smoking. I know I do, and I didn' switch all that long ago. now I barely want a regular cig, and when I do my e-cigs take care of the craving.

I dont recall that happening when I started vaping.... but I do remember alot of coughing in general the first couple of weeks. My lungs were clearing themselves of all that crap... so I was fine with that. What you are describing though sounds like the cough you get when you try to take a big long inhale only to find that it was too dry and was too harsh. I know my cousin tried it once and did the same exact thing as you are talking about... and I was wondering what was wrong so I took a drag and it was just fine. So I'm thinking that this may just be a common reaction when trying e-cigs for the first time... as it is a change from the usual smoke our body is used to inhaling. I can't comment on your e-cig...but I can comment on the ones I've used. You cannot go wrong with an eGo as a starter unit... unless you are hellbent on it looking/feeling just like a real analog. This wasn't never a big deal to me... I just wanted to quit smoking. If it is a big deal then I would recommend the Joye 510 to start with. The eGo boasts excellent battery life and has a reputable company to back that up. Besides, I think it looks BETTER than the real thing... what's so darn attractive about real cigs that we want it to look/feel like they do? In all seriousness, I think the coughing issue is only a temporary thing, just see if you can give vaping some more time and see if it passes. Good luck in your adventure.... and we're here to help if we can. We've all gone through the same exact things throughout our time with vaping. :thumbsup:

It could just be the liquid used isn't very good. You also might be dragging on it in a manner that causes coughing. Remember to pull it into your mouth, and then inhale it- that seems to cure the coughing for some. If you are using the pre-filled, you might want to see if you can find a good ejuice that works better for you. I would think 24mg is where you'd want to start- just an opinion.

Good luck- and welcome to VT!

..ego.

Just wanted to comment on why we sometimes want it to look and feel like a real cig. When we are coming from smoking analogs, its just what we are used too seeing and feeling in our hand. Having an e cig that looks and feels that way makes the transition a little easier I think. We also aren't used to being asked about what we are smoking, so the closer it looks to a real cig the less awkward we feel about it. Though this feeling passes, I still think cig look a like PC's have a place in the e cig world for us die hard smokers, even if its just temporary until we graduate to better models. I wont deny that there are some pretty sexy looking ecigs that look nothing like a real cig, that I hope to are to my collection in the near future.

I dont recall that happening when I started vaping.... but I do remember alot of coughing in general the first couple of weeks. My lungs were clearing themselves of all that crap... so I was fine with that. What you are describing though sounds like the cough you get when you try to take a big long inhale only to find that it was too dry and was too harsh. I know my cousin tried it once and did the same exact thing as you are talking about... and I was wondering what was wrong so I took a drag and it was just fine. So I'm thinking that this may just be a common reaction when trying e-cigs for the first time... as it is a change from the usual smoke our body is used to inhaling. I can't comment on your e-cig...but I can comment on the ones I've used. You cannot go wrong with an eGo as a starter unit... unless you are hellbent on it looking/feeling just like a real analog. This wasn't never a big deal to me... I just wanted to quit smoking. If it is a big deal then I would recommend the Joye 510 to start with. The eGo boasts excellent battery life and has a reputable company to back that up. Besides, I think it looks BETTER than the real thing... what's so darn attractive about real cigs that we want it to look/feel like they do? In all seriousness, I think the coughing issue is only a temporary thing, just see if you can give vaping some more time and see if it passes. Good luck in your adventure.... and we're here to help if we can. We've all gone through the same exact things throughout our time with vaping. :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone, I'm not giving up, the only thing I want 2 give up is smoking these analog sooo bad...I don't like the smell, the taste, the mess it leave behind, but most of all I don't like how they make me feel mentally(the guilt) or physically...headaches, shortness of breath etc. but I need something now! I'm going 2 order the eGo @ 24mg(I don't think looks/feel is a issue 4 us but just n case where do I find the safe cig? As soon as I figure out everything I need 2 order, plus some juice 2 try I will b placing an order. Dayvape the cough we r getting is exactly like u described, dry, 2 harsh. I was wondering, we have been smoking for 40 yrs; with me I seem 2 have the desire 2 quit but there's also a fear, have anyone else filth like this? Again thanks everyone 4 the help !!!

Yeah, if I were you I would try the eGo, along with some 'LR 2.0 Cartomizers'. You can get the good Boge brand here:

LR CARTOS! With these cartos, you can refill them time and time again with the juice of your liking, then just 'top off' every once in a while with juice. Along with the cartos I would also recommend you pick up a couple of 'drip tips' also. DRIP TIPS! They really make using cartos or attys a better experience because they do get quite warm when you are using them. The drip tip will help you in that respect.... not to mention you drip right through it when using atomizers. And with cartos, when you top off with more juice just pop it off and back on when you are done, this is much easier than removing the little white mouthpiece that comes with them.

Other than that... if you want to try atomizers you can pick some of those up and go that route. With atomizers it's much easier/better tasting if you 'direct drip' right on to the coil inside. That gives you 5 or 6 good 'drags' then you just repeat the process when you are ready for more. It's really a personal preference on what method you use... grab both and give them a try.

The eGo is a much higher quality device than some of the really small two piece kits you see. You really want to try and stay away from having to buy prefilled cartridges for a particular device... those really don't get the job done for most people. You can really get a lot more for your money out of the eGo and either cartomizers or atomizers and your own liquid. Besides, the key is to make the transition as easy as possible. This is why I am recommending cartos for you, I just feel like they may be the best option for a new user. You can always try the other methods as well if you want. The eGo is such a versatile device you really can't go wrong.

Good luck to you! :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE