Is There Any Side Effect?

robertlee

Hello dear members,

I am not new in vaping but I am new in this forum. As this forum is full of useful information, so you can help ma also. I have got a simple question, Is there any side effect of e-cigs. This is really necessary to know for me.

The only side effect I have noticed (other than breathing and tasting things better) is that vaping may lead to a total lack of credit card control. Good thing I do not need to smoke anymore because I certainly could not afford both. Mort also has a post in the General Forum about being a vapoholic. I would not know anything about that. Got to run to my 12 step meeting now :innocent:

Just getting more healthy.. That's the only side effect i know of

SO FAR TWO MONTHS IN THE ONLY SIDE EFFECT IS....I VAPE MORE THAN I SMOKED AND CAN'T SEEM TO GET OFF THIS DAG VT TALK FORUM OH AND NOW I SHOP ON LINE FOR NEW TOY'S AND BACK UPS BACK UPS BACK UPS . LOL THERE IS A VIDEO CLIP ON THIS FORUM THAT MIGHT HELP IT WAS POSTED TODAY . HAVE FUN. OH ONE MORE THING DRY MOUTH DRINK LOTS OF WATER.

Hello and welcome to VT.

Yes, I have had several huge side effects from vaping. The main one is my lung function has returned to normal levels. Which is a miracle Since I've had lung disease for 18 years now and continued smoking.

The second, I'll steal johns statement "total lack of credit card control" It does cause serious CC abuse, but I love all my new toys.

The third is I am more hydrated than ever, and my skin is paying the price. My husband called it radiant.

I know cheesy but I just haven't had any bad reactions to vaping. It takes all the desire I ever had for smoking away. It is a God send to me.

Pretty much all of the above. SOME people are allergic to PG, which just requires a very pure PG, or switch to VG. I've also heard from one person that it gave them a headache at first. ...I think these are pretty rare.

Of course none of us are trained medical professionals who have conducted detailed clinical studies so much of the feedback you have so far and will continue to get is anecdotal of course.

Like those who have replied before me I feel better, although I am a bit spend crazy, but even that feels good. So far several months in, based on what my body is telling me I feel better, I breathe better, my snoring has decreased (or so I am told) and my friends ask me to blow my vape exhale IN their direction. I also am more social as I am constantly asked about what it is I have there in my hand and what is that "smoke" I am exhaling that smells so good.

I have done some reading and there is only limited studies and materials available but based on research done decades ago on PG inhalation I am comfortable that this primary ingredient is well understood and considered largely safe since it is so common in other products.

I am curious why your message has such a sense of urgency?

As ripple said, there really hasn't been enough studies to say yes or no definitively, especially on any long term affects. However, we're all aware of that and it's a chance we're all willing to take.

Some people have experienced dry throat when they vape. Other state they are allergic, while I'm not going to argue it usually the response I here is either A. It made me break out (which is probably bodies reaction to you no longer smoking B. Harsh throat hit, which is normal so they switch to PG instead (which is much smoother)

Again though this product is still new (it's only been around about 5 years) so there are no long term studies. There however long term studies on tobacco, and we all know the result.

common side effects are dry or sore throat... drink more water

and then in less than a week, no more morning smokers cough, healthier gums, in fact so healthy that they can sometimes bleed from finally getting some circulation... if you had any gum disease that was being masked by the smoking you will become aware of it...

in my case my blood pressure has gone down, my mouth is healthier, tongue no longer coated, teeth getting whiter...

(confession, i fell off the wagon for about a week, back on it now)

PG and VG are both GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe). Nicotine, well. That's still technically a toxin, but we all know most of the dangers in cigs are the 4000+ additives. My only conclusion: is there a hidden danger that has yet to be discovered and documented. Probably. But logically, I can't conclude it would A) be more harmful or B) any different than cigs. Cancer is cancer, death is death. And we are all going to face that one day. I know I enjoy vaping more than I ever did smoking. (I still smoke a pipe on occasion). And I really, really liked smoking! Lol.

Is anyone else just as confused as me as to why there has been such an ignorant uproar at PVs?

Ok. I know why. Tobacco companies are big money, and they pay politicians handsomely. Let's not pretend anyone in Washington isn't crooked on some level. And yes, I'm a dem. PVs are interfering with Big Tobacco's money. Money makes the world go around... Or something like that.

Sorry if that was a thread-jack.

It's just not tobacco companies it's pharmaceutical companies. The ones who make the smoking cessation drugs and the ones that make the drugs for pulmunary problems and cancer drugs, well the list could go on forever of what smoking can cause. These two are just examples of the industries who would be effected iff a good many smokers switched to vaping. We don't know the long range outlook but my take on this is I'd rather take my chances on a few substances rather than 4,000. Just my thoughts.