I Like The E-Cig A Lot, But Still...

skh

I got my new e-cig - two of them actually. I got a Joy510 - with both manual and automatic battery. Also I got a M7 - really affordable one, tiny like a real cigarette.

I ordered the m7 first, but after reading more about ecigs I found that it probably would run out of battery, and as there was no talk of it, I found that it was probably not a very good one - so I ordered joye510 (several actually, but only one have reached me as of now)

Anyway. I'll probably get far to much nicotine in me as I try the different things I've red about - and in between I find my self reaching for a regular cigarette.

I tried dripping, I tried filling with T bag and reagular prefilled filters that came with the cig. So far I tried Kent (I normally smoke kent), marlboro, apple and mint. The taste... its really not a big deal for me. I'm after the feeling of having a cig - whatever taste.

And even if I like it a lot, I feel that I have to make an efford to smoke. I dont get a huge difference between manual or automatick batteries, and I wont say that the joice 510 is a whole lot better than the M7 - they are about the same, and I would say that its more easy to draw from the m7 then the joyce 510.

So - everyone talks about the great steam and what is better than the other. Is it normal to feel as if its really, really light in the beginning? I red someone else saying they had problems as the ecig felt so strong it hurt their chest - I actually feel the opposite.

Im gonna try and stick with this though, as I belive I will be able to stop the regular cigarettes in a while. But after reading these sites and youtube - I start wondering if I am the only "former smoker" feeling that a regular cigarette (even if I do smoke light cigarettes, Kent) is a lot stronger than a ecig?

I got my new e-cig - two of them actually. I got a Joy510 - with both manual and automatic battery. Also I got a M7 - really affordable one, tiny like a real cigarette.

I ordered the m7 first, but after reading more about ecigs I found that it probably would run out of battery, and as there was no talk of it, I found that it was probably not a very good one - so I ordered joye510 (several actually, but only one have reached me as of now)

Anyway. I'll probably get far to much nicotine in me as I try the different things I've red about - and in between I find my self reaching for a regular cigarette.

I tried dripping, I tried filling with T bag and reagular prefilled filters that came with the cig. So far I tried Kent (I normally smoke kent), marlboro, apple and mint. The taste... its really not a big deal for me. I'm after the feeling of having a cig - whatever taste.

And even if I like it a lot, I feel that I have to make an efford to smoke. I dont get a huge difference between manual or automatick batteries, and I wont say that the joice 510 is a whole lot better than the M7 - they are about the same, and I would say that its more easy to draw from the m7 then the joyce 510.

So - everyone talks about the great steam and what is better than the other. Is it normal to feel as if its really, really light in the beginning? I red someone else saying they had problems as the ecig felt so strong it hurt their chest - I actually feel the opposite.

Im gonna try and stick with this though, as I belive I will be able to stop the regular cigarettes in a while. But after reading these sites and youtube - I start wondering if I am the only "former smoker" feeling that a regular cigarette (even if I do smoke light cigarettes, Kent) is a lot stronger than a ecig?

That's supposed to say Joye510 every time, not joice and joyce and all the names I made up. I'm new to this - sorry :))

You're looking for better throat hit? What type of juice are you using (nic strength, PG or VP)? Nic is the biggest factor in getting throat hit, so if you're using a low mg juice you won't get much throat hit. Juice made with VG will also soften the throat hit.

For more options on attomizers, if you used something with a bigger battery (like the Joye eGo or a mod) you could use LR (low resistance) atomizers. The LR atomizer will burn hotter than a regular atomizer so it will give you a better throat hit (and more vapor).

When I started vaping I did pretty good with the regular 510 atomizer, but after a few months I got a mod and started vaping at 6 volts. What a difference! I'm now using a variable voltage mod... still using the 510 but only vaping at 5V.

Oh - forgot to say - Welcome to Vapor Talk! :)

Edited by Brian

I dont know what kind of e-juice I'm using. They all have medium strength though. I bought them from onlyecig.com and somybox.com (if you'd prefer I dont write links like this, please remove). What is Nic? pg? and vp? I didn't mix them but used them straight from the bottle :)

Eliquid is made from nicotine, flavoring and PG (propylene glycole) and/or VG (vegetable glycerin).

I'll have a look at the sites to see if there any info about the strength. How much do you smoke (packs per day)?

I don't see anywhere that they list the nicotine content. Most suppliers use:

High = 24mg

Medium = 16-18mg

Low 6-12 mg

However, it varies and some suppliers will call 18mg high. My best guess is that the medium is in the 16-18mg range.

This is milligrams per milliliter. For example, if you have a 10ml bottle of eliquid that's 24mg, then there is 24mg of nicotine per one ml of eliquid.

I smoked 1.5 packs per day and now vape 24mg nic. Most heavy smokers will find 24mg works well.

You may want to contact the supplier and see if they'll tell you what the nicotine content is - that would give you a good starting point. If the nic content is low, then I would try a higher nic level.

Welcome to VT SKH - Brian gave you some excellent advice and information so i'm just going to encourage you to stick with it, we all have had some bumps in the road finding what works best for each individual can be a challenge but once you get it right it's worth it! :thumbsup:

If the higher nic level doesn't satisfy you, The low resistance atty might be in your next step. you would have to move up to an Ego kit though, as the joye 510 batteries don't seem up the the power drain of the LR.

I have gotten 3 different co-workers to switch once they tried the LR, and i went from 30 Mg to 16-18 Mg nic in my own juice, after 2 1/2 pack a day 20 year habit.

I hate to tell new vapers to "upgrade" and spend more money, but the Ego has become the standard for a great starter kit.

Something that might help...using the e-cig is a bit different than smoking. With vaping you should take a long, slow, deep drag instead of the quicker drag you'd take with an analog. Let the vape fill your mouth before inhaling, then inhale and exhale. I take at least a 5 second drag before stopping. Most of the time anymore it's even longer. When first starting to vape it's harder to take that long of a drag, but do it as long as you can. That might help.

Welcome to the forum skh. You will hear everyone on the forum echo eGo. Larger battery so more much stronger than the 510. of course Brian is right, 510 low resistant atomizer will give you probably what you need in throat hit once your nic is adjusted. You really need to find your nic level though to have a somewhat satisfying vape. You probably won't ever find anything that will every compare to your Kent because you will not be burning tobacco and paper along with all the other chemicals in your regular cigarette. Hope you find what you are searching for.

Thanks again :) I have a order that didn't arrive yet, with different levels of nicotine. That will enable me to try different strengths.

I smoked about 1/2 a pack a day of the little filtered cigars, cuz for a while they were cheaper than cigarettes, but then they had a 700% tax increase on some types of tobacco here in AZ, and the small cigars went up to almost cigarette prices. I found out about e smokes, tried them and haven't looked back. Made some mistakes, but have good ones now, including an EGO passthru, which I love, cuz I can use it plgged into the wall at home, and then have a fully charged batt when I go out. I do take back ups and extra cartos, so, so far so good. I have all new batts, cuz I had to send some back. I have 1 more kit I am getting from my partner as a birthday gift, so I am happy! I have plenty of cartomizers for each batt, and adapters too. Throat hit can be differant depending on what battery you use too. I use mainly VG juices at 16-18mg/ml (and I smoke about 2-3 ml/day) so I get mainly flavor and vapor, not too much of a throat hit.

Enjoy your e smoke, I really like mine!

Skh, you are doing a great job, its not easy in the beginning getting all this right, there is so much to learn and so many different ways to vape, trust me even 2 months into this im still struggling myself, hang in there, im sure we will both find what works best for each of us...

Welcome to Vapor Talk, skh! When I first got mine I was so excited and then I HATED the juice! Of course, being new, I didn't know it was the juice I hated - I just didn't like what vaping was doing for me. But I kept reading and trying different things, and as of today it is 50 days since I had my last cigarette, so it does happen. Just don't pressure yourself. Keep trying new stuff as you learn more and as the budget allows.

And this is a great place to meet lovely people and learn. :thumbsup:

Greetings Skh,

Don't let anyone ruin your adventure into PV's. Including yourself. You have found a great resource when you found this forum. The members here will tell you the truth by experience.

Some of us have managed to completely quit regular cigs this first time we tried a device, some of us have reduced the amount we used to do. Its all a win. It does not have to be all or nothing right out of the gate.

What I am trying to say is that you have found a alternative to the "Quit or Die" attitude of the Anti-Smoker crowd. You neither have to quit or die. It is not all rainbows and Unicorns mind you, but now you have in your hands the means to do what you want. The cigs have wrapped some terrible tendrils around us where we lost control of it and it controlled where and how we conducted our daily lives. Killed alot of our loved ones, oportunites, and dreams. So what about these PV's? They are not a "magic wand" but for some they might as well have been one.

We get the NIC we want, when we want it and can thumb our nose at the neigh-sayers and have the choice to fire up a regular because we want, not because its the only way. You got your choices back, and a measure of control is yours again.

It is your adventure, and like all adventurers you need to travel out with the right gear. Like all adventurers you will find new and better ways to make the travel better by asking questions and shopping the outfitters. Exploring the undiscovered juices in the world, and PV devices galore.

What you start your adventure out with, may not be the gear you finish with. You will trade, exchange and leave behind many things along the way.

Good luck and good hunting...er vaping

Kaz.

Thanks all!!

I even got my m410 today. Now I have 3 different kinds and so many different tastes, and the amount of nicotine I have been inhaling is making my head spin :) I cant choose between them all, so I tried both 510 and 401 at the same time - PERFECT :)

From what I red I believe they will get a bit stronger (more wapor) after I used them some more, and then maybe one of them will do what they did right now. :) If not, I'll just put one in each side of my lips, and start sucking :)

Welcome! You will get there just don't kick yourself if you do smoke. Everyone here knows how you feel and we will support you all the way. We all have our own tastes and ideas about what is the perfect vape. For me I prefer VG, but I also really like 50/50 mix, best of both worlds. Some days I really like the TH others I don't care, I always like plumes of vapor hence my love of VG. I keep a selection of nicotine strengths so I can go back and forth depending on my wants and needs. I even have different flavors for different times of day and my mood, can't do that with analogs :thumbsup: This is a journey so relax and enjoy, you're in good company.

:animier: I'm happy to hear it's getting better! It can be a struggle at times. Remember the cig companies spent billions to keep you hooked. Your never alone here, we will all help with anything we can. Good luck and happy vaping.

Something that might help...using the e-cig is a bit different than smoking. With vaping you should take a long, slow, deep drag instead of the quicker drag you'd take with an analog. Let the vape fill your mouth before inhaling, then inhale and exhale. I take at least a 5 second drag before stopping. Most of the time anymore it's even longer. When first starting to vape it's harder to take that long of a drag, but do it as long as you can. That might help.

this is very good advice. It took a few days for me to adjust to taking longer drags. I just counted and I usually take about 8 second drags now.

That is true guys. Im still waping - forgot to eat all day, and even forgot to get my coffee. :)

And I tried taking longer drags, helps a lot!! Also, adding more ejuice helps a lot (except when I get it all in my mouth).

Next step would be to understand howcome you all prefer manual batteries. Maybe when I learn taking even longer drags, I will get it :) For now, I take about 3-4 sec drags, and I put my regular cigarettes away. Stopped reaching for them when I started the longer drags.

And again, thanks. I really wanted to get this, as I told my self not to buy anymore regular cigarettes :) So I want to learn it all in one day. I have chargers all over the place, one in the lap top, a 510 in one socket and a charging case in another. So I'm all waping, both me and my living room.

Manual batteries do not have ways to get liquid in them. From what I understand (since I don't have one), an automatic battery depends on air blowing through a hole in the battery at the atomizer/cartomizer connection. If liquid gets in there, dead battery. I don't even notice that I'm pushing a button down anymore. Good luck, vape on, keep charging 'em up! :)

Welcome to VT SKH! Once you find your perfect juice and perfect PV, it will be much easier. If you are on a standard res atty- make sure to upgrade ASAP. I prefer the 306 LR, or maybe a 510 LR atty- and can tell you that with the right juice, you will be vaping plumes of tasty vapor with great throat hit.. Of course, a battery that goes for 12 hours isn't a bad way to go either. The ego with a 1000mah battery is hard to beat unless you get a mod.

Come on into the chat-room sometime and see what everyone is vaping on.

Greetings Skh,

Don't let anyone ruin your adventure into PV's. Including yourself. You have found a great resource when you found this forum. The members here will tell you the truth by experience.

Some of us have managed to completely quit regular cigs this first time we tried a device, some of us have reduced the amount we used to do. Its all a win. It does not have to be all or nothing right out of the gate.

What I am trying to say is that you have found a alternative to the "Quit or Die" attitude of the Anti-Smoker crowd. You neither have to quit or die. It is not all rainbows and Unicorns mind you, but now you have in your hands the means to do what you want. The cigs have wrapped some terrible tendrils around us where we lost control of it and it controlled where and how we conducted our daily lives. Killed alot of our loved ones, oportunites, and dreams. So what about these PV's? They are not a "magic wand" but for some they might as well have been one.

We get the NIC we want, when we want it and can thumb our nose at the neigh-sayers and have the choice to fire up a regular because we want, not because its the only way. You got your choices back, and a measure of control is yours again.

It is your adventure, and like all adventurers you need to travel out with the right gear. Like all adventurers you will find new and better ways to make the travel better by asking questions and shopping the outfitters. Exploring the undiscovered juices in the world, and PV devices galore.

What you start your adventure out with, may not be the gear you finish with. You will trade, exchange and leave behind many things along the way.

Good luck and good hunting...er vaping

Kaz.

Super nice post Kaz :thumbsup:

Yeah, it is important to remember to eat!!!! But I do understand how that happens!!!! LOL I didn't understand the manual battery either when I first started vaping something that didn't look like a real cig. My first experience with a true PV was the eGo with the manual battery. During my first few days of learning how to fill a cartomizer, I over filled the thing. Juice started flowing down the sides of my eGo battery. It's at that point I understood the importance of the SEALED manual battery. It's been several months for me now and sometimes I have a senior moment and forget to press the button. I get frustrated and wish I didn't have to press a button, then I remember how much more frustrated I would be if I had to keep replacing a battery because of juice overflow. Just hang in there and as the members of 12 Step Programs say "Just Keep Coming Back". :thumbsup:

Edited by Sharon