I Need To Work This Out Before My Next Purchase....

Good luck getting your cartos to work for you. I never could. Always gunking up, never giving me hardly anytime to vape. I guess, from what I hear, I was using 100% vg juice and that is a no no. I think that I'm going to do what Gpurv suggested and get me a mega cartomizer. Hope you can solve your problem without too much more worry.

i appreciate all of your help, as some of you know i have fallen off the wagon until i get this straight...

Erika, thank you so much for all of your help, and ill message you about that...

at the moment i am direct dripping while the pack i bought is sitting in my coat pocket with a pack of matches...

the main issue for me is this, when the cartos were fresh and new they were amazing! throat his, flavor, everything! that would easily be my preferred method, if they lasted more than one day...

i actually caused myself mouth sores trying to use the clogged cartos when i ran out of new one, and yes, that was after a coke soak over night and boiling for several hours

i love the warm tasty hit of the boge 2.0s... i long for that exact effect from my vapeing... actually, if i could even get the direct drip feel without the constant dripping that would work as well...

i want nothing standing between me and that warm warm sweet hit... which is where the eGo tank failed me, it was like puffing cold tasteless vapor, even with my strongest flavors...

for now im switching between the analogs, direct dripping and the Erika solution, for the moment im keeping that to myself until i figure out what im doing wrong with that too lol... (Erik, again ill message you about it, im struggling with it, but keeping that a secret because it might be an ID 10T error on my part lol)

and im still in hiding right now because i have had a craptastic weekend and im still trying to get over the carto failure as well as other things bothering me at this time in my world...

but thank you all, you are all most wonderful and my slipping into recluse mode has nothing to do with any of you *hugs*

We all understand the need to slip away at times. When you need us, we will still be here. We also provide life support when needed (doesn't even have to be vaping related). Tons of fuzzy hugs and hopes things will get better very, very soon. baby.gif

I know what you mean easy...I found 5 cigs here and have not smoked them. I am direct dripping too, because the cartos do not taste good anymore. I dont know what is happening, but nothing tastes like it use to. I almost gave up vaping 2 days ago. this is a terrible feeling. nothing is good anymore. I even tried to put filler into the empty carts. nothing good =( I want it to be good again.

i appreciate all of your help, as some of you know i have fallen off the wagon until i get this straight...

Erika, thank you so much for all of your help, and ill message you about that...

at the moment i am direct dripping while the pack i bought is sitting in my coat pocket with a pack of matches...

the main issue for me is this, when the cartos were fresh and new they were amazing! throat his, flavor, everything! that would easily be my preferred method, if they lasted more than one day...

i actually caused myself mouth sores trying to use the clogged cartos when i ran out of new one, and yes, that was after a coke soak over night and boiling for several hours

i love the warm tasty hit of the boge 2.0s... i long for that exact effect from my vapeing... actually, if i could even get the direct drip feel without the constant dripping that would work as well...

i want nothing standing between me and that warm warm sweet hit... which is where the eGo tank failed me, it was like puffing cold tasteless vapor, even with my strongest flavors...

for now im switching between the analogs, direct dripping and the Erika solution, for the moment im keeping that to myself until i figure out what im doing wrong with that too lol... (Erik, again ill message you about it, im struggling with it, but keeping that a secret because it might be an ID 10T error on my part lol)

and im still in hiding right now because i have had a craptastic weekend and im still trying to get over the carto failure as well as other things bothering me at this time in my world...

but thank you all, you are all most wonderful and my slipping into recluse mode has nothing to do with any of you *hugs*

ever since my ego tank atty died on me, I died with it. that is how it feels right now.

I gave up on the t-atty and tanks. Sounded good- but when the LR t-atty didn't do the trick, I knew it was over. Direct dripping will have to suffice until I can get a bottomfeeder. Have you thought about a bottom feeder and an LR atty? ...seems that would do the trick for you and end frustration.

Sorry I've been away for a bit. Here's my method of filling... what works for me may or may not for others, but it never fails for me. Using 100% PG based juices only, works much better anything with VG in it. Trust me, I've tried a lot of blends, 70/30 and 80/20, and went right back to my PG ONLY juices. I know other people say they use blends... but it simply does not wick fast enough for me, not to mention it really changed the flavor and throat hit of my juice... and not in a good way either! OK, now that my PG/VG rant is over I can explain my method.

First, I remove both of the 'condoms' and the little 'buttplug', then put the smaller of them back on the threaded end. I typically push it almost all the way on... but leave a small space. Taking a juice filled syringe, with a fairly small needle, I poke it in to the filler down to the bottom of the carto. When adding juice, gently push on syringe while slowly drawing it up. Repeat this process a few times until filled... don't worry about any juice that comes up through the center or overfilling either. After it's filled to top I take it and give it a good 'thermometer shake'... so that there is a small amount of juice seen in the carto. You should notice that the filler material looks a bit dry after doing this. This helps to spread the juice all through the filler material much better. I then add enough drops till it's to the top of the filler material again and repeat process. Now, the most important part from what I've learned, is to stand the carto up in a shot glass or something (carto still on) allowing it to soak in totally. I prefer to leave it overnight since I already have cartos I'm vaping on. After it has sat, for however long you can let it, it's ready to vape. Remove condom, wipe off any excess juice from it, throw on a drip tip and vape! And as other have said... I toke on it for 10-15 times and set it down for a bit. When it's time for more, I just pull drip tip off and add enough drops till it's nice and wet, and vape away. Some would say: "Why the hell don't you just use an atty then since you have to drip often?" To that, my response is that I actually prefer the flavor/vapor/throat hit of my carto over an atty anyway. And the other reason is that when I did direct drip, I was constantly having to wipe juice up that leaks from the bottom of atomizers. With my cartos... there isn't NEARLY as much of that, rarely actually. It's a hell of a lot easier to over drip and get those nasty 'dry hits' if it's not properly filled. And don't believe em when they say: "I never get 'dry hits' or have leaky atty's"... there lies I tell ya, all lies! :thumbsup: Attys just aren't for me... and with cartos you don't have to worry about harsh hits. Especially, if you take the time to 'top off' often, it provides the best tasting/most constancy while vaping for me anyway. Experiences and opinions obviously vary greatly in the 'carto vs. atty' debate... just try to find what works for you and you will be totally satisfied!

Hopefully I didn't leave too much out... I don't know how I could have with the length of this book! :thumbup:

{{{{{Amused}}}}}}}

Please don't stay away just because you've slipped. Your still a part of this family and I for one don't want to see you isolate yourself for this reason.

I am so terribly sorry that you are having a tough time, You too tags.

Please don't give up, you do what you need to do for you for now but don't give up, take a break from vaping if you need too we'll still love you! And you need to still love you too. Don't beat yourself up, stick with us here and after you've had a little break maybe you'll come back and vaping will be as good as it ever was, hell maybe even better. please anything you need.... I 'll be there!

Easy, Please check in with the forum from time to time. I certainly understand needing to take a vacation from everything every now and then. Stuff just seems to pile up, the winter time is the worse because of the lack sunshine, and you have been sick off and on for the last two weeks.

Take your mental vacation and remember we are thinking about you and sending you hugs and our thoughts of better times ahead. Please take care and let us know how your doing. {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} :sorcerer:

Sorry I've been away for a bit. Here's my method of filling... what works for me may or may not for others, but it never fails for me. Using 100% PG based juices only, works much better anything with VG in it. Trust me, I've tried a lot of blends, 70/30 and 80/20, and went right back to my PG ONLY juices. I know other people say they use blends... but it simply does not wick fast enough for me, not to mention it really changed the flavor and throat hit of my juice... and not in a good way either! OK, now that my PG/VG rant is over I can explain my method.

First, I remove both of the 'condoms' and the little 'buttplug', then put the smaller of them back on the threaded end. I typically push it almost all the way on... but leave a small space. Taking a juice filled syringe, with a fairly small needle, I poke it in to the filler down to the bottom of the carto. When adding juice, gently push on syringe while slowly drawing it up. Repeat this process a few times until filled... don't worry about any juice that comes up through the center or overfilling either. After it's filled to top I take it and give it a good 'thermometer shake'... so that there is a small amount of juice seen in the carto. You should notice that the filler material looks a bit dry after doing this. This helps to spread the juice all through the filler material much better. I then add enough drops till it's to the top of the filler material again and repeat process. Now, the most important part from what I've learned, is to stand the carto up in a shot glass or something (carto still on) allowing it to soak in totally. I prefer to leave it overnight since I already have cartos I'm vaping on. After it has sat, for however long you can let it, it's ready to vape. Remove condom, wipe off any excess juice from it, throw on a drip tip and vape! And as other have said... I toke on it for 10-15 times and set it down for a bit. When it's time for more, I just pull drip tip off and add enough drops till it's nice and wet, and vape away. Some would say: "Why the hell don't you just use an atty then since you have to drip often?" To that, my response is that I actually prefer the flavor/vapor/throat hit of my carto over an atty anyway. And the other reason is that when I did direct drip, I was constantly having to wipe juice up that leaks from the bottom of atomizers. With my cartos... there isn't NEARLY as much of that, rarely actually. It's a hell of a lot easier to over drip and get those nasty 'dry hits' if it's not properly filled. And don't believe em when they say: "I never get 'dry hits' or have leaky atty's"... there lies I tell ya, all lies! :thumbsup: Attys just aren't for me... and with cartos you don't have to worry about harsh hits. Especially, if you take the time to 'top off' often, it provides the best tasting/most constancy while vaping for me anyway. Experiences and opinions obviously vary greatly in the 'carto vs. atty' debate... just try to find what works for you and you will be totally satisfied!

Hopefully I didn't leave too much out... I don't know how I could have with the length of this book! :thumbup:

:clap:

DayVape, This is a wonderfully written, thought out explanation of how to fill a carto. You need to make a copy and save it for the future when someone else is having a difficult time filling cartos.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Sharon

Ok people. Nothing here to see. Please return to your residence. Thank you, it's all ok.

(a cop told me that once when a guy with a gun was on the loose in my neighborhood. More on that later. maybe)

I guess I just don't look at eCigs as a "do this rather than smoke" kinda thing.

I must confess; but I must first say, I never led you on to believe otherwise. So here it is. I am BI.

There. YES. I SAID IT. I do both. AC/DC, double my dates, turn and look both ways, and yes, I avoid Korean fermented cabbage like the plague (another story there).

Give yourself that kind of a break. It feels good. (well, maybe I could have left the cabbage part out).

Edited by GPurv

I agree with Kitsune the TANKS take about 15 sec. to fill and easy to carry an assortment around...I never had to fill cartos because I went from the look alike cigs w/prefilled cartos directly to the TANKS. Very reliable. GOOD LUCK.

For a moment I will step out of the proverbial box and suggest maybe cartos and DD is not for you.

Have you thought about going to a bottom feeder? Something that would give you more voltage for warmer bigger TH while avoiding the need to drip?

EDIT - okay I knew I should have gone back a page or two before posting once I posted. So this has been discussed before, but maybe its not a bad thing to bring it back up with a focus on the variable voltage (VV)portion of it.

I have an Ali'i on order (hopefully next week arrival) with VV, with the ability to dial up the voltage you get a hotter atty thus a warmer vape thus more TH. HERE IS A VIDEO that shows how they work pretty well and if you watch it you will see other reviews on the right side of the you tube page.

There are others out there not just this one but it shows how a bottom feeder works nicely.

Edited by ripple

ok, im here... checking in...

so... im frustrated and have been putting off making any orders while trying to figure this all out...

meanwhile you know it doesnt rain til it pours...

so heres what has happened, one of my attys is getting too hot when i Direct Drip, i actually burned myself with it...

one battery decided it does not want to shut off and im letting it sit in the corner and power down since it tried to burn up my atty...

Erika was most kind and let me try out her MAP tank... believe it or not im even struggling with that, as in there is no real hit, there is flavor, but no hit, which is a step up from the no flavor and no hit of the tank system...

so ive come to discover that i enjoy direct drip, when my atty is not on fire, and i love love love cartos with a passion...

so, if it is the juice i need to look into that...

so... back to square one... bought a Riva lite kit (because i now need a new battery and atty as well) in pink because it amuses me...

two more packs of boge 2.0

and one 30ml... kill me now if i end up hating it, menthol tobacco flavor, (LF does not have the greatest selection of non tobacco flavors)and after all i am a menthol smoker...

something has got to go right... maybe this is just not my week... meanwhile, i will try and supplement with what i have on hand as best i can and have an analog now and then, because hey, the pressure is off, i already removed my banner...

two more packs of boge 2.0

and one 30ml... kill me now if i end up hating it, menthol tobacco flavor, (LF does not have the greatest selection of non tobacco flavors)and after all i am a menthol smoker...

Please tell me your 30ml bottle of juice is PG based... or at least mostly anyway?? You know how much cartos love VG!!

I am really, really glad you haven't given up. I'm sad you are having such a rough time though. I have had a few rough patches along the way--then things just seem to smooth out. Now I finally have enough backups (of everything), that I can change things up and make things work. It really will get better !! If you like menthol, you should like LF menthol.

I know how frustrated you are, just don't give up !!!!! smoking in between is no big deal, soon enough you will be smoke free again animier.gif

we really want you to succeed, please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

THank you so much for checking in. Been thinking about you. So glad to hear your not throwing in the towel yet. We value you here hun. I hope you like your new juice, let us know and dont be a stranger!!!

:hug: