I Need To Work This Out Before My Next Purchase....

i am debating buying more cartos or simply buying blank cartridges and giving up on the carto idea totally...

i have no idea if it is the juice im using or what but i cant afford to use one to two cartos a day or more, and to be honest i really suck at Direct Dripping...

i love, love love a fresh new carto, until it becomes so clogged that no air will come through...

i have destroyed cartos trying to clear that hole, i have stressed and agonized daily over them to the point of seriously just wanting to light a damn analog just for the ease and simplicity of it, even though i know it will totally make me gag at this point...

but i need to do something, either buy cartos by the hundreds or just give up and use cartridges... i cant seem to find anything searching on the ceramics and other items that have been discussed her like the MAP tank are always out of stock... i need something i can rely on, something that im not going to need to order each and every week just to keep up...

this is definitely not as simple as lighting up an analog :(

sometimes i wonder if i should just try and go cold turkey, but... but... sigh

the juice is 80/20 VR... only two of the flavors are dark in color, they do not appear to be too thick... in fact, just to test this theory of juices out i can try to use my last carto with something from VT and see if that works better... but its my last new carto... sigh...

No, I'm so sorry. I rotate a bunch of cartos everyday. Each has their own flavor. I have been able to keep them burning better by vaping till near dry at night and the flossing thing and cleaning batt ends and Carto end everyday. I've been using the same 5 for a few weeks now.

Some have a thicker draw so I'm putting into the clean pile and will try again. Yikes Id hate you giving up totally. There must be a solution that will work for you.

My first reaction was to see if you watched AARONH vid on cleaning out the center of a carto, but I see you posted in the thread so that was ruled out.

I can't help but wonder how can you suck at dripping? Maybe we can all help you with that and if you can add to your options it will reduce your need for more cartos?

i suck at dripping because i guess i either over fill it or something, maybe im back to the is my juice too thick subject on that as well...

so im starting the experiment with my last carto using only the VT juice i have, which sadly i dont like as much as i had thought i would when i ordered it, which is why i still have it lol...

truth is i have made such a mess, blowing out attys and cartos and wasteing juices left and right just trying to figure this all out, and even my husband walked into my computer room one night and said "look at all that juice you are wasting" (he is a total nazi when it comes to wasted money, which is why he will never let me forget the failed attempt with the tank system) while he continues to smoke away on the front porch... sigh... i do envy the simplicity of it :(

why does this have to be so damn hard, cant someone just perfect this, make the straw in the center of the carto bigger or something?

I'm not much help with cartos as I gave up on them, just didn't seem to work for me. My personal preference is dripping. I only add 2 drops at a time (good for 6-8 draws)--most of the time it doesn't bother me to drip more often as I really prefer the flavor and vapor from dripping.

I have recently been using the Ego-T tank system, and must say it is by far the easiest to use and very, very convenient. The Tank/cart holds about a ml, with is good for about half a day for me and its easy to carry a couple filled tank carts with me (usually different flavors). The only draw back has been a bit of less flavor for me (then again, I am flavor challenged).

Currently I alternate between the ego tanks and dripping. so far the ego tank is really by far the easiest to use (only been using for a couple of weeks)

Really sorry about your carto conundrum amused. We need to figure this out for you because I "have seen the light", and it is a carto. Gotta give props to Dayvape here because if it weren't for his raves about cartos I probably would still be burning up a $7 atty twice a week.

I'm using the Boge 2.0 cartos as my mainstay(I have some Ikenvapes cartos and they are very good also, but my everyday carto is the boge) and I am constantly getting a week out each one. The liquids I'm using are 80/20-70/30 and some that are 50/50 and I'm not having the problems you are.

I'm not sure if I'm doing something "magical" with them, but here is what I do. With a fresh new carto I take my time loading up. I make a ritual out of it and take at least a half hour or more to fill mine by adding a few drops to it every time I walk by it. I also (on a brand new carto} make sure to put about 4 good drops right down the center tube to lube up everything in there. when it's filled I give it some real good "flicks" (like the old style mercury thermometers) till I can see through the tube clearly. Screw it on and go. I also give it the good flick every time I top off and check through the tube to make sure it's totally open.

I'm not sure but it kinda sounds to me like you may have liquid in the center tube that is crusting up on you after it heats up.

Maybe give this a try (the real good flicks to clear the tube)and I might add that I top off A LOT! If I steady vape for 5 minutes I top off with 4-6-10 drops...whatever it takes to keep it really good and wet.

I really hope this helps.

mine are the boge 2.0's

i am meticulous about filling them to avoid the burn, on rare occasion i do still mistakenly overfill them, but im much batter at not doing that then i was in the beginning, in fact, the more careful i have been the worse my situation seems to be getting...

which brings me back to the juices... i can try to dilute them with some pg... see if i can duplicate the consistency of the VT juice but the truth is they dont look much different in consistency

Side note: Just filled my carto up after 20 minute ride home. Was hitting my 5 volt PT for the most part but also using the ego. Just put in 16 drops and realized that I constantly "overfill". I always have puddles on the counter after a refill so I know the coil in the center tube is keeping wet all the time. And then the flicks to clear the tube. Maybe this will help some.

As far as the juice...I vape a lot of 50-50 that is pretty thick, but I just make sure to let it soak (I even flick it to force the juice down into the bottom of the carto) and still don't have the problems you describe.

Hope some of this helps a little bit. Maybe Dayvape will chime in at some point. Word on the street is that he's the man.

Awww hon. I am so sorry. I wish you lived close, i would come help you sort is out. The map tanks come in about once a week. If you email or pm the owner, he will tell you when they will be in again. If you use the code "bigbuyer" you'll get 10% off.

I'm sorry you are having such problems with cartos. I don't know where you are buying them from, but the best ones I have found are the LR ones from electronixstix. He also has the regular ones and vaporkings are good also, LR's. I fill mine with the tip method like you are pouring a beer, I use Ms. T's juice a lot and it is thick, so I don't think that is the problem. Fill it up tipping it a bit, let it sit for a few and then add some more drops to it. I also refill when it starts to taste like it needs it or not as much vapor. I also have more than one going at a time, usually have two set ups all the time so I can change flavors. Don't give up, just relax with it. I don't do well on DD either, can't seem to get it right, too much or not enough juice.

Good luck!!! :thumbsup:

i think i have a plan... buy more cartos and go back to the juice i used to use when i first started, because i do recall getting better life out of the cartos... i will miss my juices.. maybe i can find a use for them but... i guess i need to try something else and find out if it is the juices or the cartos. thank you all for your help... i have a lot of shopping to do lol

I guess everyone eventally finds what is right for them. I'm been happy with my standard eGo batteries but tried all kinds of carts and cartos.

Just 15 minutes ago I bought another 20 HUGE MEGA eGo cartomizers from VaporKing for under $50. Here's my sales pitch:

(eGo MEGA empty/blank cartomizer with flat tip mouthpiece - Genuine JoyeTech!) March 18, 2011

These will hold a FULL 3 ML of juice; I kid you not. Especially after having been refilled several times so that the filler is then more compressed.

If you fill too quickly, yes, the juice will overflow from the fill port and then drip down through the air tubes on the side (so don't do that! Fill slowly). Plus, it is a MUST to spin these, at least 2 to 3 times during the fill process. It's easy.

Never a leak while vaping and lasts 1-2 hours HEAVY vaping. I refill them 6-8 times in about 2-3 days. Easy to tell when it needs more juice.

I'll never buy a tank, map, cart or anything else.

http://www.vaporkings.com/eGo-MEGA-blank-empty-cartomizer-Genuine-JoyeTech-p/ego-cartomizer-blank.htm

i think i have a plan... buy more cartos and go back to the juice i used to use when i first started, because i do recall getting better life out of the cartos... i will miss my juices.. maybe i can find a use for them but... i guess i need to try something else and find out if it is the juices or the cartos. thank you all for your help... i have a lot of shopping to do lol

I promise you will find the right process that will work for you. it is absolutely worth every ounce of trial, error and frustration. Just don't give up !!!! Even after 2 years I still try new things, I have off days and so, so days and perfect days. The only thing I know for certain, is that when everything does come together--you will know itanimier.gif

Uma has pictures of her juice box mods in the gallery. Take a look at them. http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/forum/gallery/image/835-stus-illuminated-juice-box/

This is a mod made out of a "plastic box". On the inside are two "compartments" - one for the battery and one place for a 3ml bottle of juice. The hole you see in the picture is where the juice bottle is. You squeeze the bottle, which feeds juice (through a tube that goes from the atty to the bottom of the bottle) into the atty.

Here's a link (to another forum) with some pictures of the inside of this juice box...http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modder-accessories-supplier-forum/143825-big-stus-box-mods-5-volt-illuminated-bottomfeeder-sale.html

And here's a video on it...

i have been curious about them, i hear people on the forums talking about juice boxes, but... from the video it looks like a push button but someone on the comments said something about squeezing the bottle? so is it a button or do you squeeze the bottle? and i what about recharging? or do you just get lots of batteries?

Excatly...egoluvr got it right. The batteries come out of the box to be recharged. I already had the 14500 batteries and the 18650 batteries when I ordered my juice boxes.

Stop making me wanna buy more stuff!!!!

hehe :)

Hello! I can sympathise with the carto conondrom. I have wasted a lot of juice just getting them smokeable, and/or getting a mouthful of juice, when I 1st start on it. I switched to clearomisers, but they have their challenges too. Just don't give up yet. There may be a mod that can be made and will fit what you like and need.... think about that and then ask some of the modders here if it can be made. Good luck!