Curious About Traffic

ripple

So being the curious one that I am I cannot help but wonder something. Obviously many of you have been here at the VT forum for sometime. I am wondering if y'all are seeing an increase in the traffic and amount of new members.

Obviously there are always new members, but I am wondering are you seeing the volume of new members increasing more and more each day, week, month? I know that I am constantly getting asked about my eGo when I take it out in public and people always say I have been hearing about e-cig's more and more and am getting curious. I am wondering what you have been seeing here trend-wise.

Just curious!

as a more or less newbie myself i have to say that many of us followed the threads here for a while before joining, trust me any search on anything vape related usually led me right back here. aside from a few other forums this one really seems to be the go to place for information...

as for the traffic, the week i joined many many people joined as well, there does seem to be a steady stream of incoming, some who have been lurking a while and some who come for advice on purchases, but i think its been pretty steady since i got here

Edited by easilyamused

It does seem like the traffic is up over the past several months. Seems like it goes in waves though (just my observation). When I joined in Dec 2009 I think there was about 1200 members.

@Brian--Your member #1693 :lol:

Some of the new members are spam bots but most are legitimate new members. There is no doubt the forum traffic is growing. People are searching the web with ecig keywords leading them to Vapor Talk thanks to more topics with more interesting titles and keywords. (Plus the many hours I've spent fine tuning our SEO engine)

Here are some stats for thought :)

• On average, as of late, 30-40,000 people visit the website each month. (unique)
  • 100,000-200,000 pages are viewed.
  • Most people spend an average of 9 minutes on the site at a time. This time is usually during work hours during a work week.
  • 40% of you use Firefox. (The most popular browser to access the site)
  • The iPhone is used to access the mobile version of the site most often, followed by Andriod, iPod, iPad and Blackberry.
  • Of the amount of new users that visit the site, 70% return at some point.
  • 61.90% of users at least have a cable connection or faster.
  • Top 5 countries that visit the site in order: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia and China
  • In the United States the following states visit most often: New York, California, Texas and Florida. Alaska and South Dakota visit the least often.

Some of the new members are spam bots but most are legitimate new members. There is no doubt the forum traffic is growing. People are searching the web with ecig keywords leading them to Vapor Talk thanks to more topics with more interesting titles and keywords. (Plus the many hours I've spent fine tuning our SEO engine)

Here are some stats for thought :)

• On average, as of late, 30-40,000 people visit the website each month. (unique)
  • 100,000-200,000 pages are viewed.
  • Most people spend an average of 9 minutes on the site at a time. This time is usually during work hours during a work week.
  • 40% of you use Firefox. (The most popular browser to access the site)
  • The iPhone is used to access the mobile version of the site most often, followed by Andriod, iPod, iPad and Blackberry.
  • Of the amount of new users that visit the site, 70% return at some point.
  • 61.90% of users at least have a cable connection or faster.
  • Top 5 countries that visit the site in order: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia and China
  • In the United States the following states visit most often: New York, California, Texas and Florida. Alaska and South Dakota visit the least often.

*hit Chris, what other information does the system let you know???? LOL

There are lot of newer (than me, 4 months and counting). Quite a few since the end of December. There are also a great number of noobies on the chat too. Welcome, welcome all. Glad to see you at this forum. Hope you enjoy. Lots of nce people who don't argue, might disagree but not argue. I like that. A lot of forums the people get downright nasty.

There are lot of newer (than me, 4 months and counting). Quite a few since the end of December. There are also a great number of noobies on the chat too. Welcome, welcome all. Glad to see you at this forum. Hope you enjoy. Lots of nce people who don't argue, might disagree but not argue. I like that. A lot of forums the people get downright nasty.

Hey Cheshy, Have you gotten your Mod in yet? Can't wait to hear! :thumbsup:

Hey Chris, Thanks for the info about the blood type of most of the members. I'll remember that if I should need blood. Oh, can you tell me what mine is, I can't remember! LOL hahahahaha Just a little of my sick humor! :thumbsup: I think I should ask my doctor about a brain transplant? But then they may see that my brain damage was self inflected and deem me ineligible. They would be afraid I would damage my new brain. LOL I had better stop now! :rolleyes2:

I'm blood-type O+ how did you know? ;)

I've seen the forum grow over the time I've been a member. I don't post that much here, as I'm a member of rather a lot of e-cig forums and tend to wait til I have something to say, but I think the level of activity has grown. I access about 50/50 from a computer and ipod.

While I'm here - did anyone here listen to my show on VPLive?

Most members blood type is O positive.. (kidding) ;)

Standard Analytics. 98% of websites track the same information. It helps make sure the site is running correctly on each persons browser, speed etc etc All kinds of boring but important tech stuff :)

funny haha, that IS my blood type LOL

I'm a noobie still, but I wouldn't be the least surprised to find that a lot of new members are from one of the other forums. The one where there are So many nasties and people can talk in such a crass manner. I for one got so sick of it and left.

It's nice to be here where I've been made feel welcome and have not come across one nasty person.

Chris, you're doing a great job, well done! :thumbsup: