One Year Today!

juliery

Wooohooo, I am so happy for myself....vaping ONLY for one year today!!! I actually started on Valentine's Day last year, late in the day, after my husband gave me a starter kit. I acted like a TOTAL jerk about it...like he was trying to FORCE me to quit. I LOVED smoking, loved EVERYTHING about it. Smoked heavily for 30 years. When I worked and could no longer smoke in the office I would literally chain smoke the entire way to and from work and through entire breaks and lunches. I smoked like a chimney....people called me "the chimney". Fortunately I suffered no ill health effects from smoking. Of course God only knows what could pop up down the road from it, I hope nothing, and I hope I stopped in time.

But today it has been one year since I have smoked any cigarettes...I haven't bought any or had any I later found. I threw them in the trash...found a couple stashed packs here and there.

It is hard to believe that I don't miss smoking, I don't want to smoke, I LOVE vaping. The flavors are still a work in progress, just lately finding stuff I really love, now that I have my taste buds back. I can't believe I would have smoked at least 20,000 cigs more had I not stopped. On the counter I put in 50 cigs a day, but often smoked 60 and during stress way more. So 20 grand is a conservative estimate.

I am so happy for all of us who have found this way to avoid smoking! I am so glad to have "met" all of you...it is a huge encouragement and makes vaping tons more fun to have vaping friends. IT is fun trading and sharing liquids with Nina and soon Sharon. Thanks to everyone who makes this forum the fun and informative place it is....oh and Jolly too, for making me a couple mods and PTs that will make this experience EVEN better, and he has answered my endless questions about so many e cig related things. I truly appreciate the time you guys take to welcome, help and encourage other people. This is truly a wonderful "community" of vapers! Sorry to get so gushy!!!!

Julie Happy First Year Anniversary!!!! :animier:

You have been such a blessing to me. You have been there to answer all my questions and even the ones I hadn't thought of yet. And now I am getting to know you on a more personal level, more blessings!

I'm sending you a big hug, XXXXXX. Congrats on your success!

Give your hubby a big smooch! :wub: Without him being so forward, I wouldn't have gotten the opportunity to know you and learn all the neat things you have taught me.

Have an incredible day! :D

Julie Happy First Year Anniversary!!!! :animier:

You have been such a blessing to me. You have been there to answer all my questions and even the ones I hadn't thought of yet. And now I am getting to know you on a more personal level, more blessings!

I'm sending you a big hug, XXXXXX. Congrats on your success!

Give your hubby a big smooch! :wub: Without him being so forward, I wouldn't have gotten the opportunity to know you and learn all the neat things you have taught me.

Have an incredible day! :D

awwwwwwwwwwwww thank you Sharon!!! You are a blessing to me and everyone too! I am glad if I can help anyone in any way. It is interesting learning all this stuff, isn't it?? You are so right about my husband, if he hadn't bought that starter kit NONE of this would be happening now....it is totally because of him that I am not smoking!! Thank you so much Sharon, you are a wonderful person and I am so glad I am getting the opportunity to be on this vaping journey with you!!! I can't wait to hear about what you mix up!!

WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!Happy First Year Anniversary!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Thank you, thank you....before you know it, it will be YOUR anniversary. I can't believe it has been a whole year!! I NEVER thought I could quit smoking and actually BE happy not smoking!!!!

Congrats to you :thumbsup: People like you are the reason this is such a great place.

Thank you! That was very nice for you to say! And same to you as well. This is such a great group of people, I love this forum, so much great info and everyone is so kind to one another!!!

Ah, congratulations, Julie! That is a huge accomplishment and I know what a big deal it is to be free of something that held you in chains for so long.

You have also been a huge resource and encouragement to me. I have also started getting some DIY stuff so we'll see what this mad scientist cooks up. :rolleyes:

Ah, congratulations, Julie! That is a huge accomplishment and I know what a big deal it is to be free of something that held you in chains for so long.

You have also been a huge resource and encouragement to me. I have also started getting some DIY stuff so we'll see what this mad scientist cooks up. :rolleyes:

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, thank you...you and Sharon will make me cry!!! I can't wait to see and hear about what you guys mix up!!! It really is amazing to finally be free of cigarettes. We had to drive out of our county to buy them because here they are taxed $2 a pack here, JUST IN COUNTY TAX, never mind state and other taxes, and I just wouldn't pay it. So we would plan around our cigarette runs and it was like a big production what else we could go do when in that direction. Ridiculous. Who knows how much we have saved in gas and wear and tear on our vehicles!! Plus the time....good 45 minutes round trip of driving just to get smokes...we always gassed up over there too also taxes, cheaper. Thank God we live near the county border and also the IN border where taxes were also less than IL....so nice to not worry about all that. I MUCH rather shop online....if I get something I don't like at least I didn't expend a ton of energy doing it.

Juliery, I am so Happy for you! :animier: HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!! You are an amazying woman, always giving so much of yourself to others!

Thank you Thank you Thank you, for all the support and friendship you have given to me. You have made my transition so much easier than it could have been, I can't imagine VT without you. Your kindness and words of wisdom always seem to come at the right time, and you never hold back when the truth needs to be heard. You are a special and rare person. God Bless you.

Much Love,

Nina

Juliery, I am so Happy for you! :animier: HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!! You are an amazying woman, always giving so much of yourself to others!

Thank you Thank you Thank you, for all the support and friendship you have given to me. You have made my transition so much easier than it could have been, I can't imagine VT without you. Your kindness and words of wisdom always seem to come at the right time, and you never hold back when the truth needs to be heard. You are a special and rare person. God Bless you.

Much Love,

Nina

THANK YOU....I thank you for all the same. You have made vaping a TOTAL blast for me. It is so fun sharing liquid, sending stuff back and forth and getting to try things I would never have tried...like huckleberry, wouldn't have entered my mind! YOU are special and wonderful, and caring and generous, I am so glad I have gotten to know you. Seems like I have known you forever! I am so glad we can help each other with this experience, and it is really is an ever evolving and changing journey. SO much more fun with vaping friends!! Just as much love back to you!!! Love you, Julie

Awesome! Good for you :)

Thanks.....NEVER EVER would I have believed I would stop smoking so easily! I tried everything in the past, and I was miserable every minute I wasn't smoking....now I am not smoking and also not miserable!

Oh my, what an auspicious occasion... Congratulations are truly in order. I remember after my first post, you were the first one who replied. You put so much out there for this community. We will have a hard time reciprocating. Folks like you are the reason that this group is as special as it is. Stay true to yourself and again, thank you and congratz.^^

Oh and give that lil' angel of yours a treat for me.

Congrats and happy anniversary! I have to tell you....you were one of the first to respond to any questions and are always soooo helpful and encouraging! I am so glad you are here! Have a happy happy day!

Congratulations Julie!!!

I know how special today is for you as it hasn't been that long since I celebrated my one year anniversary. Something I never thought I'd celebrate either.

Also, thank you for all you do for the people on this forum. You haven't been here all that long and yet you jumped right in and offered all the help you could. That's truly wonderful!

Congratulations to you Julie. My that is an accomplishment. Just think this year has passed in a cloud of vapor instead of smoke. Yeah for you. I can't want to say it's been a year of not smoking. Vaping is definitely the answer to quitting. It was a very easy transition. Congratulations again.

Oh my, what an auspicious occasion... Congratulations are truly in order. I remember after my first post, you were the first one who replied. You put so much out there for this community. We will have a hard time reciprocating. Folks like you are the reason that this group is as special as it is. Stay true to yourself and again, thank you and congratz.^^

Oh and give that lil' angel of yours a treat for me.

awwwwwwwwwww, thank you!! I try to reply to all the new people because I remember how awkward that first post feels. I try and help with anything I can. I know I tend to ramble on and I am thankful that people like you tolerate it, LOL. Everyone who contributes on here makes it a fun, informative and encouraging place. I think it is awesome no matter what question anyone poses tons of people will answer...like the person who put up the "short survey" and the person who asked about sexual benefits, etc. No one says anything ignorant like on some other forums. I registered on several but never posted because I didn't like how things would deteriorate into a bunch of ignorant snipey remarks back and forth. I really love VT....it is a great forum!!! Thank you for your kind comment!