Hotels And Dripping

ripple

So I arrived in New York today and I am sitting in my non-smoking hotel room and I am enjoying vaping with the confidence that I am not going to get tagged with a 250 fee for smoking in the room. But in does make me wonder has anyone had any hotel room issues? I can't imagine how but figured I would throw it out there and ask! Cause it's pretty cold outside and I am toasty warm!

Oh yeah, I finally figured out the dripping thing - turns out I was doing it right all along but the first Atty I opened has the wick very compressed so it was burning all along which explains why I didn't enjoy dripping!

I did hear that someone tripped a smoke detector on a cruise ship once with vaping. So I wouldn't sit underneath the one in the room. Just my thoughts about vaping in a hotel. But I say go for it and have a good time!

Wow, set off a smoke detector? Really? I blew huge clouds into mine on purpose to see if it would set it off, and nothing happened. Either that person must have some awesome PV that smokes like a chimney, or my smoke detector sucks. Or maybe the ones in hotels are just super sensitive... I dunno, but that's interesting.

Wow, set off a smoke detector? Really? I blew huge clouds into mine on purpose to see if it would set it off, and nothing happened. Either that person must have some awesome PV that smokes like a chimney, or my smoke detector sucks. Or maybe the ones in hotels are just super sensitive... I dunno, but that's interesting.

Older home smoke detectors will not pick up the particulates. Newer detectors will, especially if they are used for commercial purposes. They are set up to sense particulates. The last job I had the alarms would go off when the food departments would hose down the floors with hot water.

I travel quite a bit and I vape in hotels ALLLLL the time. So long as you stay away from smoke detectors (especially the newer ones as they will detect a particle change) You'll be just fine :)

In fact just recently I flew to Texas and drove back to California on a business trip. My brother and I must have vaped in at least 4-5 different hotels. No issues :) Just turn on the TV kick back and relax. Enjoy the fact that you don't have to clean the room! :thumbsup:

I would have to know the person before I would believe that. Vapor is not smoke and vaping should no more set off a smoke detector than taking a shower would set one off. My husband and I both stood directly under our smoke/heat detectors and just continually blew clouds of vapor at it, not inhaling, just sucking and blowing and nothing happened. By the time it gets near the detector it isn't warm, and it isn't smoke at all, so I don't see how that could happen. Personally i wouldn't even worry about it. Where I vape 95% of the time I am directly underneath a smoke/heat detector and never set it off. Burning toast and various other things have set it off, but not vaping. The reason they don't want you smoking in a hotel is primarily the smell.....then non smokers don't want the room after you stink it up. The secondary reason is the fire hazard, but the primary reason is the cleaning to get rid of the smell, so I wouldn't worry about vaping at all.

It depends on the Smoke Detector. It won't set of older models but it will set off newer models. Newer smoke detectors don't actually detect "Smoke" but rather a change in particles in the air. The smoker alarm system in my house is less than 6 months old. Blowing vapor into one sets them all off. I've also set off an alarm while at a hotel in vegas... :) I'll post if video if you guys really want :lol:

It depends on the Smoke Detector. It won't set of older models but it will set off newer models. Newer smoke detectors don't actually detect "Smoke" but rather a change in particles in the air. The smoker alarm system in my house is less than 6 months old. Blowing vapor into one sets them all off. I've also set off an alarm while at a hotel in vegas... :) I'll post if video if you guys really want :lol:

Would that be the video of you setting it off in Vegas? THAT I'd LOVE to see. :thumbsup:

was in Louisville Ky. this past weekend and vaping like a nic. addicted chimp in my hotel room when the alarms went off. Turns out it wasn't me...kitchen fire, but freaked momentarily especially after initialing the portion of my check-in paperwork that stated there was a $250 fee for smoking in your room. Was totally ready to deny all culpability, but was very relieved that it turned out that it was only that the building was on fire!!!

was in Louisville Ky. this past weekend and vaping like a nic. addicted chimp in my hotel room when the alarms went off. Turns out it wasn't me...kitchen fire, but freaked momentarily especially after initialing the portion of my check-in paperwork that stated there was a $250 fee for smoking in your room. Was totally ready to deny all culpability, but was very relieved that it turned out that it was only that the building was on fire!!!

ROFLMAO!!!

+1 for the laugh!

I don't know about you guys but when I vape the vapor tends to drop down low rather then rising like smoke. I don't know if it's because it's heavier then smoke or what. But that would probably make it unlikely for you to set off a smoke detector

I don't know about you guys but when I vape the vapor tends to drop down low rather then rising like smoke. I don't know if it's because it's heavier then smoke or what. But that would probably make it unlikely for you to set off a smoke detector

same thing here....the vapor is heavier than the air in most places, particularly if the air is already humid....but in the SW it would be dry. But here near Chicago my vapor goes lower too. When the air is more humid and it lingers a few moments, especially in a mostly dark room it goes really low, like maybe 3 ft off the ground, regardless of where I blow it. Our detectors are less than a year old, we had to have them all replaced....a code issue. We blew into ours and it didn't do anything. I really wouldn't want any detector that would be that easily set off, I would be afraid after a few times of it going off for no reason if it ever did go off for a real reason no one would be running like I would want them to be and they should be. I would think if vaping particulates would set it off which have NOTHING to do with smoke or even heat then would air freshener set it off? Or shower steam, which at least is hot? I want a detector that warns me of REAL danger. Now we have separate carbon monoxide detectors...didn't try to set them off, but I am assuming they wouldn't go off. I wouldn't want them to, then how am I supposed to ever know when there is a true emergency? It would really worry me to have something that easily set off. Thankfully even though I vape like a lunatic I haven't set off any detectors anywhere....not in anyone's house, not in any hotel or our timeshare condo, nowhere. Those condos are still being built, they are brand new builds so I would assume they have the latest detectors,don't really know, but I haven't set them off. My son did set one off burning bacon. But then honestly, I never even considered it so I can't even say for sure where I was in relation to the detectors in various places. I just don't think of all these things. I am not doing anything I am not supposed to so I really don't think about it. Places I wasn't allowed to smoke, I didn't smoke. But the reasons for not smoking don't even apply to vaping...the stink and fire hazard in a hotel type place. So far I haven't set off anything and IF I ever do I will act like I have NO freaking clue why it went off. Too bad they don't go off from people dousing themselves in tons of stinky perfume that makes me sick. THAT would be useful!!!

Edited by juliery