First Day Ego And No Analog

ripple

So today is my fist fully committed day to vape not smoke! I received my eGo yesterday and VT favors (four of them) and was absolutely shocked that this arrived to me in FL before noon when I only ordered is Saturday after 5 PM ET. Way to go VT store!

Anyway so I played with the ego some yesterday and my challenge is this - I am getting too much throat hit, and not enough vapor. I ordered all 16 mg Medium flavors as I have (now formerly smoked Camel light menthol - which tend to be a bit stronger) and thought that would be the correct MG but I am almost finding it to be too intense.

With the slightest of draws I am finding it to almost burn the throat, which makes me back off and thus produce little vapor. I do fully taste the intense flavor, which I like but its almost too much.

So I could use some guidance. What can I do to balance this out some? Any and all thoughts are welcome - not that I have to say that since I have found in just a few short days that y'all seem to have great suggestions.

Thanks

My guess would be: Ripple, yours is too dry, need to add a drop to the atty and top off your cart more often. Troopx yours sounds too wet and at the verge of gurgeling. Blow out the atty onto a kleenex and then add just 1 or 2 drops onto the atty and see if that improves the vapor.

There's always a fine line between too dry and too wet...

My guess would be: Ripple, yours is too dry, need to add a drop to the atty and top off your cart more often. Troopx yours sounds too wet and at the verge of gurgeling. Blow out the atty onto a kleenex and then add just 1 or 2 drops onto the atty and see if that improves the vapor.

There's always a fine line between too dry and too wet...

Quick reply without hijacking the thread... It's a ball of mixed emotions, but regardless -my investment is paying for itself, and I'm happy I found it (1 week off the analogs today). First carto in the pack sucked, so I went back to dripping. Initially all liquids didn't provide the throat hit or taste, but they are getting better (or I'm healing). Tried a 2nd carto in the pack, and it works like a charm. I have to test another with another juice before I'm a carto convert. ...back to your suggestion UMA. It does gurgle a lot. I flood my battery all the time with only direct dripping 3 drops. Less than 3 drops isn't very efficient and a P.I.T.A! Checking to see if it's just a certain juice, but it doesn't seem like it is.

Yep, definitely sounds flooded, Troopx (love your avatar btw!). You can blow out the atty and start over using a drop or two less liquid as suggested, OR you can try Prime Vaping until it catches. (just like when an analog doesn't light properly at first).

I like to have on hand some prefilled cartos from LiquidXpress.com for times like this... even us vets have off days now and then where nothing goes right .... I recommend their Honey Flu Cured Tobacco and their Grape. (to date. Unless they've improved their cappachino, I can't recommend their prefilled cappy and I love capp!) I haven't tried all their prefilled flavors, just those 3 or 4 so far. I'm sure they have others that are right up there with the 2 I recommend. Also be sure to pick up some eLiquid in the same flavor for topping off. (and a drip tip if you don't yet have one. It makes topping off so much easier, even though you still have remove it and tilt it to topp off).

As far as hijacking, chances are that the OP will soon realize that his also is flooded now lol. It's a learning curve. So, have one eGo with a prefilled carto to satisfy your fix while you tinker with the other eGo and it's learning curve atty. :) (for both of you)

Edited by Uma

Interesting, I was thinking for sure I have just ordered juices at too high a level. I did fill a cartomizer with Dulcis today using the carto condom method - thought I would try that, and I have been having more luck with that one.

I will say I did try Direct drip yesterday and that didn't work out so well but no doubt this is both a science and an art, so I will hand in there for sure.

Thanks for the prefilled idea - oh goddie, more to order! :thumbsup:

i am new to the eGo as well(just got it saturday,) been playing around with a carto for the first time, i find that i top it off a lot, when the taste starts being less than pleasant i add a few drops... now here is my most recent discovery, since i am not used to how long the battery would last i did push it quite a while just to see, thats when i discovered that i get some liquid coming out of the tip... so i guess that was my signal that the battery was running out.

i did try the cart condom method a couple times and i find i still need to top it off, so it actually seems less messy for me to just fill it up from the top since i tend to remove the top often anyhow (which is how i managed to lose one of the little plastic top pieces, but no worry, took one from another carto til this one dies)

as for the carto, still not sure how long it will last(im pushing my luck with that too), ive been using it since Saturday and expecting it to fail at anytime lol.

Once you pick up a Delrin type Drip Tip you won't have to mess with that tiny white stopper thingie anymore. (they're anywhere from 99 cents to 5 bucks, depending on color and vendor). You'll just remove the DT, tilt the cartomizer, drip your drops, replace the DT and vape away. So much easier.

With DT on an atty instead of carto, leave it on, drip straight in without tilt, and vape away. (2 or 3 drops unless it's a LR atty then it's around 6 drops I think).

hehe, I'm going to have all of you shopping all day! am I good or what. lol

Interesting, I was thinking for sure I have just ordered juices at too high a level. I did fill a cartomizer with Dulcis today using the carto condom method - thought I would try that, and I have been having more luck with that one.

I will say I did try Direct drip yesterday and that didn't work out so well but no doubt this is both a science and an art, so I will hand in there for sure.

Direct dripping does take some time to get use to, but soon enough you'll know when to drip and won't even think about it... just something you do. You'll no doubt flood a few times early on, but as time goes by it'll happen less and less.

Greetings all,

If you were like me, you tried to pull off more at one time than the atomizer could produce. It just could not keep up with the draw I was trying to do. You got a bitter taste or pulled the juice right up out of it of course.

So don't try harder, try softer and be mindful of you not trying to pull it like a thick milk shake.

Regards,

Kaz

Good for you! Congrats on making the switch. I have only been vaping for about 4 days, but I was also a menthol light smoker (Marlboro) and I find the Mentha from VTS is very good. Provides that hit of menthol that your craving but doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth afterwards. Taste is subjective, so maybe it won't be the same for you, but it works great for me. Best of luck with switch!

There is a bit of trial and error to get the hang of things. It took me a while to get the hang of dripping, but now its my only way to vape. A drip tip makes all the difference. I only use 2 drops at a time, avoids flooding. However, many swear by cartomizers, filling and such just takes practice and patience.

Once you make it through the learning curve things get better.

you can also get some glycerine from any pharmacy--labeled glycerol as a skin protectant--but its just glycerin. slightly sweet. can also use wiltons glycerin--craft store, baking/cake isle. Can use either of these to add to your liquids if you still feel like the throat hit is too harsh. will also dilute the flavor a bit too.