My first dripper

I have been using the Mutation X v4 for about 2 months. I seem to get better flavor from my Subtank mini with mt crappy TC build. I thought dripping was supposed to be the best for flavor

In the past, direct dripping was the best for flavor. With the tanks and coils out these days, this really isn't true anymore in my opinion. For several years I paid $20 a pop for the HH.357 atomizer. For me, it gave me the best flavor as well as vapor production. Hundreds of dollars in new tanks to find a replacement never yielded anything close to the HH.357 until some of the new tanks came out. The Aspire Triton 2 with a factory 1.8 ohm coil gives me even better flavor than the HH.357 that it replaced. Even my RDAs don't come close.

Just my two cents and experience.  :) 

Thanks Tam   99% of my vaping is in TC mode for the flavor  I break out the dripper  when I feel like getting cloudy lol Ive given up on the dripper for flavor

Tam is correct... back when the only tanks you could get were CE4's and some of the simple top-coil versions like the iClear, dripping was the only way to go for flavor (and exceeding 20W or going sub-ohm), but with new tanks, different coil configurations, wicks, and resistances on the market, tanks have exceeded RDA's for flavor in my opinion. 

I've not used my dripper for more than testing out a new flavor mix, in probably a year, and even then, I've changed my RDA over to single-coil @ 1.2 Ohm to replicate my favorite coil in my subtank mini or my favorite coil configuration in my Russians.  Even my older Russian 91% RTA's have superior flavor over my RDAs, but obviously less vapor production.  

TC gives me even better flavor, and allows for a cooler vape, too, which I do like.  It seems I get far better flavor if I can remove the heat which is generally an issue with any flavor over 30W or below 1 Ohm, and TC is the way to get that "full" flavor without all the heat...

10 minutes ago, Earthling789 said:

TC gives me even better flavor, and allows for a cooler vape, too, which I do like.  It seems I get far better flavor if I can remove the heat which is generally an issue with any flavor over 30W or below 1 Ohm, and TC is the way to get that "full" flavor without all the heat...

Earthling, you are NOT helping! So far I've been able to keep from buying a TC mod because I really couldn't find a reason to change from what works for me right now. And here you go with all the "cooler vape" and "...without all the heat." One of my big things is trying to get a cooler vape but not sacrificing the flavor for it, which is why I use the extra long drip tips. UGH. 

1 minute ago, Tam said:

Earthling, you are NOT helping!

:sofa:

I do what I can to help, Tam! :D

Seriously... I didn't think I'd like TC, and don't use it 100% now (maybe 25% of the time), but once you dial it in, the flavor really comes out, and it's not ruined by the heat.  I think if you pick up a cheaper TC Mod (iStick, Wismec, Cloupor), you'll find a new toy, and a new love for rich, fuller flavor that you didn't even get from your HH.357 and your Triton 2...  Although you should be able to get TC coils for your Triton?  And don't you have a Subtank Mini, too?  So, all you'd need is a decent TC mod... I got my last two Cloupor Mini Plus for ~ $25 each, and my Wismec 75W-TC was only $30...

3 minutes ago, Earthling789 said:

:sofa:

I do what I can to help, Tam! :D

Seriously... I didn't think I'd like TC, and don't use it 100% now (maybe 25% of the time), but once you dial it in, the flavor really comes out, and it's not ruined by the heat.  I think if you pick up a cheaper TC Mod (iStick, Wismec, Cloupor), you'll find a new toy, and a new love for rich, fuller flavor that you didn't even get from your HH.357 and your Triton 2...  Although you should be able to get TC coils for your Triton?  And don't you have a Subtank Mini, too?  So, all you'd need is a decent TC mod... I got my last two Cloupor Mini Plus for ~ $25 each, and my Wismec 75W-TC was only $30...

Yes, I believe Triton makes TC coils but they're all sub-ohm... wouldn't that make a difference in heat production even in TC mode?

13 minutes ago, Tam said:

Yes, I believe Triton makes TC coils but they're all sub-ohm... wouldn't that make a difference in heat production even in TC mode?

Not as much as you'd think...   My Ni200 coils are 0.15 Ohm, but dialed-in for flavor, the heat is not much different (and sometimes cooler) than my 1.2 Ohm horizontal Kanthal coils in Wattage-mode.  You also have the options of SS and Titanium wire, too, but to use SS, your TC mod has to work with SS, and not all of them do.

5 minutes ago, Earthling789 said:

Not as much as you'd think...   My Ni200 coils are 0.15 Ohm, but dialed-in for flavor, the heat is not much different (and sometimes cooler) than my 1.2 Ohm horizontal Kanthal coils in Wattage-mode.  You also have the options of SS and Titanium wire, too, but to use SS, your TC mod has to work with SS, and not all of them do.

Aaarrggghhhh!  :popo:

2 minutes ago, Earthling789 said:

It took me a year to get you to try a Russian... so I guess I have to beat that record to get you try TC? :D

Between not having enough time and too tired/lazy to do thorough research to find "just the right one" and "the ones that go together," I don't think I'll be buying any new TC mod and tank anytime soon. It's so bad that I can't be bothered to see what kind of TC coil the Titan uses, lol.  :lol:

10 minutes ago, Tam said:

Between not having enough time and too tired/lazy to do thorough research to find "just the right one" and "the ones that go together," I don't think I'll be buying any new TC mod and tank anytime soon. It's so bad that I can't be bothered to see what kind of TC coil the Titan uses, lol.  :lol:

Oh, I can help you there... Ni200 = 0.15 Ohm and SS = 0.4 Ohm :D  You can also use the RBA deck and build any Ni/Ti/SS coil you want :P

1 minute ago, Tam said:

Et tu, Cany? *sighs*

Nice try but I don't own a TC mod (I prefer those that don't have external batteries).  :harhar:

Eleaf iStick 40W-TC has built-in 2600mAh battery :D... and VapeNW has them for $28.99 :D

7 minutes ago, Tam said:

No fair, you two ganging up on me.  :( 

So you both caught me at a weak moment... one Eleaf iStick 40W-TC in gray and two 5-packs of SS 0.4 ohm TC coils are on their way.

:thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, Tam said:

No fair, you two ganging up on me.  :( 

So you both caught me at a weak moment... one Eleaf iStick 40W-TC in gray and two 5-packs of SS 0.4 ohm TC coils are on their way.

YAY!  I think I just set a new record, too! :)

10 minutes ago, Tam said:

two 5-packs of SS 0.4 ohm TC coils are on their way

Oops, I just saw that... the 40TC may not work well with SS coils, but they may function on Ti-mode.  You might want to snag a pack of Ni200 coils to be 100% sure they'll work with this mod :(

5 minutes ago, Earthling789 said:

Oops, I just saw that... the 40TC may not work well with SS coils, but they may function on Ti-mode.  You might want to snag a pack of Ni200 coils to be 100% sure they'll work with this mod :(

Why would they not work with the 40TC? I just sent an email asking if VapeNW would change my order to two 5-packs of the Ni200 instead.

Just now, Tam said:

Why would they not work with the 40TC? I just sent an email asking if VapeNW would change my order to two 5-packs of the Ni200 instead.

The 40W-TC recognizes (works with) any wire in VV/VW mode, but in TC mode, it will only recognize Ti or Ni200 wire to regulate temp properly.  Some mods will recognize SS as Ti wire, some won't, so I'm not sure if the iStick will or won't, but I do know it will work with Ni200 wire, so changing your order will guarantee the coils will work properly. :D

Tam pick up some 24g Tempered NI wire you can build on your subtank mini RDA  Tempered NI is a lot easier to work with than regular NI 5 3mm wraps gets ya 0.10  26W 500 dgrs it a nice vape