Proof of Concept

Yesterday in a moment of insanity or senility, I left to fetch lunch and go banking I forgot my vaping supplies.  When I got to the first corner I felt in my pocket and found ........... nothing.   I a quick fit of panic I headed toward the roundabout to return to get my stash. But as I approached something crossed my mind and that was I really don't need it.  I can go about my business and vape when I finish.  But another thought crossed my mind, and that was that banking isn't a finite timed activity.  I could have to wait a long time before getting waited on.  And then another thought:  This is a great time to see how I feel without vaping at my disposal.  So I went for it.  It turned out quite ok.  I fetched the lunch, went to the bank did my business and they even screwed up my plan as usual.  As I was leaving the cashier shouted over, "Do you want any 1 ringgit notes?"  I said, I'll have to see if there's any extra money at the shop."  So I had to drive to the shop, get money, go back to the bank, get the notes and THEN go home to my vaping stuff.  And you know what?  I mostly forgot that I didn't have my stuff.  It turned out to almost be a non issue.  I didn't even think of buying a dreaded pack, or even really keep reaching for my missing equipment.  I got wrapped up in what I had to do and just got on with it.  It's a great feeling to know that after almost 50 years of two packs a day, I'm really over it.  I have no intention of stopping vaping, because I do really enjoy it, but I think I don't NEED it.  So cool!

Isn't it a great feeling to go hours and hours without a vape before you realize you haven't "needed" it?  I've been finding that out more and more lately, too... even when I have it with me, my activities occupy my mind more than "where's my pack and lighter" feeling... although driving in the car for long distances are still a tough spot, where I "need" my vape gear... or a snack, or cola, or all three :)

....... It's a great feeling to know that after almost 50 years of two packs a day, I'm really over it.  I have no intention of stopping vaping, because I do really enjoy it, but I think I don't NEED it.  So cool!

I know exactly what you're saying.  While driving, a cigarette used to be in my hand most of the time.  Since vaping, I've taken up the habit of instead of drinking water, eating ice.  Whenever I stop for gas or make a pit-stop I fill my big go-cup with ice and nibble on ice instead of drinking so much water.  More often than not lately I notice my go-cup getting pretty empty before reaching for my equipment.