Joye Ego Or Joye 510

misseykathi

So would you people suggest that I start off with a JOYE ego or a JOYE 510? Which is more like a regular cigarette size? Still researching...

Also how hard is it to put the liquid in the cartridge or atomizer wherever it goes??? See I don't quite understand the process yet, guess I need to purchase the thing to figure it out.

Thanks

The Joye 510 will look and feel similar to a regular cigarette. The Ego is a little bigger or wider. Both use the same atomizer. Cartridges can be messy and not fun to fill. You can get a drip tip and drip directly on the atomizer. Check out the videos in the the How do I section. There are videos there about direct dripping and how to fill a cartomizer.

I am going to suggest the Ego. The battery is much better and you will have several options for atomizers and cartomizers. The regular 510 battery has a short life and you basically are limited to using standard atomizers and cartridges.

Good luck.

Unless money is not a problem for you ,I would start with the 510 kit so you don't have as much invested if you don't like it.Although I cannot imagine anyone not liking it.You can always upgrade later and your stuff will be compatible and familiar.

I went right for the eGo and have been dilligent in keeping my 2nd battery charged for when I'm going out, so I've never had an "oh crap!" moment where I was up the creek without one. I've gone places overnight without needing to plug anything in in this manner, and I can't imagine you'd get the same experience from the standard 510 (without buying a few extra batteries and lugging a small backpack around :D ).

Don't bother with the 510 unless for some reason you feel you absolutely NEED it to be about the size of a regular cigarette. You might not think so now, but you definitely will want manual batteries, so it's still not gonna feel like a real cigarette in your hand. Automatic batteries get activated by dropping them, loud noises, wind, etc. Plus you can flood the atomizer by putting in too much liquid, then liquid seeps into the hole in the battery and the battery stops working. With manual batteries, they are only activated when the button is pressed, and there is no hole for juice to get into. So you can overfill all you want and not worry about destroying your batteries.

Just go right with an Ego/Riva. Allow me to recommend the Riva. It's essentially the same thing as an ego, just very slight differences. It has a larger standard capacity battery than the Ego.(Riva is 750 mah, ego is 600 or 650 mah). It has a rubber translucent button instead of a plastic one. The plastic ego button sometimes gets stuck when you push it in. It's no big deal, but it's an inconvenience for me. The band on which the button sits is recessed on the ego, while on the riva the band is flush with the rest of the battery. And finally, the ego will cost you at least 60 or 70 dollars, if not more, but you can get a Riva for as low as $40. I own both, and I prefer my Riva. You might feel a bit awkward with the large size of the ego/riva, but trust me, you'll be happy you got one instead of a 510. A 510 battery will last maybe 2-3 hours, depending on how often you use it. By comparison, I use my Riva on my way to and from work every day, as well as while I'm at work, but not at home(i have an ego passthru for at home). It lasted me from Monday morning all the way until about 10 PM on Friday. You will greatly appreciate the battery life of the ego/riva.

The cheapest you'll find a 510 kit for is about $40. The cheapest you'll find an Ego kit for is about $70, and the cheapest you'll find a Riva kit for is about $40. I say go with the Riva, and here's where to get it: http://www.liberty-flights.com/product.asp?id=55

scroll about halfway down the page until you see "Riva 510 - Lite Bundle." The price for a kit is $37.49.

I don't recommend the regular stick size batteries either....although I am STILL using them a year later. I rotate 6 of them and it is a complete pain. Have two mods on order, can't wait to get them! I was hell bent on having something resemble a regular cigarette too and even if it is a white battery and the same basic shape, it is longer and heavier anyway, so you hold it differently than a normal cigarette. Even with the auto batteries, you still vape in a different manner than you smoke, and because of the weight you can't hold it the same. Don't get me wrong, it isn't HEAVY, but a real cig weighs nearly nothing, so compared to no weight, obviously a battery weighs more. The auto batteries have all kinds of issues....the auto shut off isn't that reliable, then you have to blow into it to shut it off, various things can make it turn on as someone mentioned, in general a pain. If you want to vape, which I can't imagine not wanting to now, then just go for it and buy a decent device. IF you think you might not like it and just want to try it, you could always try a disposable device and then you aren't out a ton of money. On the other hand you might not like it simply because it was a cheapo device. Another thing when you first start,, most ppl are on a quest to find soemthing that tastes just like a real cig,....that doesn't exist. Try flavors, even ones you don't necessarily think sound that great, you will be surprised at what you like. My husband vapes flavors whose counterparts he would never eat/consume. I was a 2+ppd smoker for 30 years....my husband was a lighter smoker....we have been vaping for almost a year now and I just wish this device had existed far before it did!

I'm with you Juliery. I'm very new to vaping and to this forum (my first kit arrives tomorrow) and I haven't even tried it yet (so I guess I should really have no opinion) :). I have a feeling that I'm gonna love it though. Everyone here has been very patient with all my questions and has given me great advice. When I first set out to find one of these, my task was the same as yours: to find something that looked, felt, and tasted exactly like an analog cigarette. The more research I did, the more I found that those really don't exist. I chose the Joye Ego for many different reasons: VT staff and member recommendations, what I saw from all of the youtube videos I watched, increased battery life, and the fact that is looks killer. Very smooth. If you haven't seen the VT Ego Review on this site yet, you need to watch it, it sold me. Additionally, the more research I did on ones that looked like regular tobacco cigarettes, the more I found that they are the cheaper models with no battery life and very limited options. Everyone is different, but I hope you find something you like. Best of luck!

I have both the 510 and eGo and I will only be using the 510 if something happens to my eGo. Believe me when I say that you get over the "looks like a cig" thing fast. The battery is so much better and the eGo IMO is somehow designed in such a way that it feels better to hold and vape than the 510. Whatever you decide on though, I hope you enjoy it!

Although the 510 is closer in size to a cigarette, the eGo is better all the way around. When I used the 510, I had to charge batteries about every hour to hour and a half. With the eGo, it was more like 6 to 8 hours. Much, much better. You can find 510 kits for around $40. and you can find eGo kits for $50 to $60. The difference in performance is well worth the extra $10. or so. Plus, you have more options with the eGo (i.e. LR atomziers).

For filling cartridges or using direct dripping, check out the videos here on the forum. It's much easier to see it done than to have someone tell you about it.

Good luck with whichever you choose.

Why pay twice as much as you have to? Get a Riva from Liberty Flights. Or get a Volcano Inferno. That kit's only $60. You get a 1000mah battery plus a passthru battery and two cones.

I'll 2nd DerStadtschutz on this one. I bought the volcano inferno almost a week ago, and I'm glad I did thus far. The price is right, seemed to be a better deal than the ego- but basically the same thing with a better battery. ...loving it!

I can't say anything about the 510, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE my eGo. I just received my Mega Atty and cart yesterday and now I feel complete. :) Between the battery, the mega Atty and cart it is a completely hassle free smoke that lasts all day. I can't imagine anything being more low matinance. Fill/charge in the am and I'm good till 6 at night,

as an eGo newbie i have to say, i do not regret going right to the eGo! i dont need something that resembles a cigarette and i actually prefer that if someone does see this in my purse they might actually think its a tube of mascara or something, i enjoy the low profile look and the battery life is great, even if i am thinking of upgrading the battery lol... go for it!