First Ecig

stupidchristina

hi im new here and i was planning on buying my first ecig however im not a cigarette smoker and i am not addicted to nocotine so i dont know what ecigarette to get as a beginner. I am looking for one that makes a lot of vapor that can use vg, not too large, size shape and color doesnt matter. Something with a nice battery life and in the 35-60 range. can anyone help me find one please? i was looking into it and heard that the 510 is very good but it has a hard throat hit so im not sure that is for me.

Zero nicotine usually doesn't have throat hit. Some flavors have a mild TH, such as cinnamon, mint, menthol.

I hope you realize that even though we consider eCigs to be 99% safer than cigarettes, we're not considering them safer than not inhaling anything at all in the first place. There haven't been enough tests to date to know what to expect later down the road besides joy. So, with that said, I will trust you're not going into this with a blind eye and a dismissive attitude.

The typical Joye 510 would be a good starter kit for you I would imagine. You can also purchase seperately adapters that will allow you to purchase the various styles of atomizers such as 901 and 808. This way you'll have all of the types with one little pv. Pick up a PCC (personal charging case) and or a PT (pass through) and you should be set to go. If you decide later that you need more umph and battery life, then you can purchase an eGo or it's clone the Riva and keep your Joye 510 for your backup kit or give it away to someone you know who wants to quit smoking.

Whenever it's not in use, untwist the atomizer/cartomizer from the battery connection, whatever kit you get.

Sip water often, all day long. <--- one of the benefits of vaping, is we finally drink more water! One of the downfalls is, is that we HAVE to drink more water. (not just coffee, soda, koolaid, oj, but real honest to goodness hydrating water).

Edited by Uma

Welcome to the forum Christina. I am happy that you have an interest in ecigs. But I am not too clear why someone that has never smoked would want to take up smoking or the ecig. If you have no addiction to nicotine, then I suggest that you do not invest in ecigs. If you do choose to continue with this quest I am highly suggesting that you use non nicotine liquids. I am not familiar with the model prosmoke. The 510 is a good model. Good luck and please make your decision very carefully before choosing to start with the ecig.

Smokers find the flavors fascinating... because until our tastebuds started healing all we were tasting were pesticides, tar, and 4000 other chemicals. However, with undamaged tastebuds, a non-smoker might as well chew an old piece of juicy fruit gum because that's about all the excitement you're going to get from it.

Welcome to Vapor Talk. Sorry, but I have to throw my 2cents worth in here and agree with BirdDog. If you don't smoke or have never been addicted to the evil nicotine, there is really no reason to start vaping.

This is just not a smart move. Those of us on here have all been smokers for many years and are doing this as an alternative to our habit of so long a time. This really isn't something just to play with.

Keep your lungs clean and enjoy other ways to get flavor like fruits or a good bottle of wine. The habit of smoking or vaping is not something we want to encourage to people that have never done so.

If you are serious about starting and are hell-bent on vaping then I will have to pass you on to someone else because I just can't suggest anything that will get you started.

I hope that you will seriously re-think this out and consider other means of enjoyment.

Good luck on your decision.

I'm also new to this, but am an anolog smoker. I found some e health smoke (I beleive it's called) starter kit for dirt cheap online. Does anyone know about these? And if they are worth purchasing? They don't say a model but theyare cheap so if they crap out real fast then I can always afford new ones right? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to VT. Can't say I've ever heard of those..but my gut feeling is that if they are really cheap then they probably wont last very long and you wont be getting the true experience of vaping. My suggestion....save that money and put it towards a good and dependable e-cig that will give you the kind of vaping that will really be more to your liking.

Sometimes the saying really is true....you get what you pay for.....so if you're serious about getting an e-cig check into buying one that is worth the extra couple of dollars and really enjoy vaping. Just my 2c worth.

Good luck and happy vaping.

hi im new here and i was planning on buying my first ecig however im not a cigarette smoker and i am not addicted to nocotine so i dont know what ecigarette to get as a beginner. I am looking for one that makes a lot of vapor that can use vg, not too large, size shape and color doesnt matter. Something with a nice battery life and in the 35-60 range. can anyone help me find one please? i was looking into it and heard that the 510 is very good but it has a hard throat hit so im not sure that is for me.

Hello stupidchristina and Welcome to Vapor Talk. Based on your story above, I would recommend NOTHING. You have no need to start Vaping.

By the way, you have an interested Screen name.

But just for fun let me answer your questions. Sorry I am going to be a smart :censored: here. I just cant help myself.

Q1. Not addicted to Nicotine.

A1. Anything with 0 MG of Nicotine will do you fine. I recommend Water.

Q2. I don't know what e-cigarette to get as a beginner for 0 Nicotine consumption.

A2. This was sort of a two parter question so along with the water I Recommend a Cup.

Q3. One that makes a lot of vapor.

A3. This one is easy. I recommend a Shower. Make sure the water is hot. You will get much Vapers... :thumbsup:

Q4. Not too large and something with a nice battery life in the $30-$60 range.

A4. This one is tricky because of my recommendations above. You will need a Bottle of water, A Cup and a Shower. All of this can be had for around 5 bucks.

Seriously if you are not a smoker there is no need to vape. Move along there is nothing to see here.

Hi Christina - Welcome to the forum. Everyone means well. Just try to understand that we hate to see someone make the same mistake we made many years ago. Most of us have spent years trying to figure out a way to quit smoking are are very thankful for ecigs, but we view it as an alternative to smoking. I wouldn't encourage anyone to start vaping any more than I would encourage them to start smoking.

Not sure what jut happened but okay.. O.o. Lol. So anyways. I can get starter kits for under ten dollars. So if I have to spend ten dollars every few weeks or so for two three piecers that come with chargers and cartridges then it's still saving me more than what analogs cost right? I'm not exactly in a position to go and buy a $150 kit right now.. So do you think they will be satisfactory for the time being?

Not sure what jut happened but okay.. O.o. Lol. So anyways. I can get starter kits for under ten dollars. So if I have to spend ten dollars every few weeks or so for two three piecers that come with chargers and cartridges then it's still saving me more than what analogs cost right? I'm not exactly in a position to go and buy a $150 kit right now.. So do you think they will be satisfactory for the time being?

I don't think anyone knows anything about this ecig. However, I can tell you that prefilled carts don't last long (despite some of the claims). You will need eliquid to refill them. However, I would say that they will give you an idea if vaping is right for you. Just keep in mind that if you don't like it, there are MUCH better options available. You can pick up a 510 starter kit for less than $50 ($35 no box kit at cignot.com). The eGo runs from $60-$80.

VaporTalk eGo - $71 and comes with a bottle of eliquid. Use VAPOR TALK discount code for 10% off (if that doesn't work try it without the space).

ENS eGo - $65. Use happynewyear for 11% off.

Instead of having to buy a new unit every few days try out the 510 no box set from Cignot.com. It's everything (except extra juice) that you'll need to get started vaping and it's a much better device.

It's a manual so you'll have to push a little button to make the atty fire up, but it really is much better. It's $35.00 and will last a whole lot longer so you wont have the hassle of buying a new one.

You don't have to pay those high prices to get a good dependable e-cig. In fact if you pay more than say $80.00 for any thing other than a "mod" you're paying way too much.

Check out some of the vendors here on the forum and do some research before you make that first purchase. I think you'll find something that's more to your liking and will hold up a whole lot better.

Good luck and happy vaping.

Edited by snubber

Thanks guys. I've been doing a little searching around and haven't found any egos or any popular pv for that low. Re only thingthat I may have a problem with is shipping. Live in Canada and if those sites are American vendors I can expect heavy shipping prices o.O.