Bad Reactions?

In doing research, I see some people have reactions to vaping. Sometimes its to PG, others its to VG, but in reading its just minor issues. I like vaping, been doing it for couple weeks now, and I had my wife try it. Her chest nearly instantly tightened up, and was acting up for the rest of the night. Is this a reaction to this, or just a coincidence? The juice that was currently loaded was 100% pg. Maybe she would be better with 100% VG ? Just wondering your opinions.

I've been vaping for over a year and still can't get my wife to switch. I've tried PG, VG and a mix, but she says it irritates her throat and chest. I don't know if she really giving it a chance (she will only try a hit or two) or not.

Worth trying VG and seeing if that helps.

Does she inhale directly into her lungs or does she draw into her mouth and then inhale.....

Those that inhale directly seem to have a lot of trouble with coughing.

I told her to draw it into her mouth, then inhale. Its what I found works best for me versus directly inhaling. But yea, going to order a thing of 100% vg just to try out for her.

Ah, didn't think about strength.... Currently using 24mg, becuase I was a HEAVY HEAVY smoker, she isn't so much. Might try that too.

Edited by DarkCutlass

Similarly, everyone who ever asked to try my 510 absolutely hated it and had a coughing fit.

These are experienced smokers (of various things :whistle:) so it isn't the act itself... I was bemused also!

I think that people tend to do one of two things:

- Inhale straight into the lungs like a Hookah

- Draw into the mouth and then very quickly into the throat, not allowing the vapor time to cool a little bit, so the little bit of heat might be irritating them.

No clue, but I'm just glad I don't have such a reaction so I can stick with this :)

Similarly, everyone who ever asked to try my 510 absolutely hated it and had a coughing fit.

These are experienced smokers (of various things :whistle:) so it isn't the act itself... I was bemused also!

I think that people tend to do one of two things:

- Inhale straight into the lungs like a Hookah

- Draw into the mouth and then very quickly into the throat, not allowing the vapor time to cool a little bit, so the little bit of heat might be irritating them.

No clue, but I'm just glad I don't have such a reaction so I can stick with this :)

Hahaha wow, I have a 510 too, and all of my friends who have tried it have choked out on it and HATED it. It took them a while for them to figure out that they were hitting it too hard, but I never had the problem myself.

I coughed like a lunatic the first couple times I vaped. I was drawing directly into my lungs, WAY too hard with WAY to high an MG level. My husband had gotten some 36 mg carts which I totally didn't pay attention to and my throat hurt something terrible. When I started vaping I had a VERY hard time learning to do the slow steady draw thing....I was trying to vape the same way I smoked. I was a heavy smoker but I smoked light cigs. So once I got my OWN supplies, 18 mg, and started paying attention to the dragging/drawing/inhaling I have had zero problems. Never had my chest tighten, other than from coughing like an absolute lunatic. I really thought I was going to choke myself to death the first time. I had read NOTHING and he didn't tell me to do anything different from smoking so I puffed away like a nut. So it could be a variety of issue...could be the stength of the liquid, the way she was inhaling, the PG level, who knows. But to be safe if she is interested she could try a VG base...personally I don't like it, but since she has nothing much to compare it with she might not care. I think the most likely cause is the nicotine level, that is what killed me....that and inhaling way too much at one time.