Can You Mix & Match Ego/510 Parts?

CrazyML

I'm a hardcore smoker of 30+ yrs and recently switched to vaping. I have a REVOLUTION which works great, but want to piece together a setup to better suit my needs.

I'm on the road alot and frequently work long days so I need a portable charge system and batteries with long life.

I really enjoy the simplicity of the 2 pc REV and prefer to stay with that. I dont care to get into all the mods and upgrades at this time.

The MEGA battery sounds perfect for me but does it fit the 510 cartomizers? With an adapter?

Can I get a pass-through charger for the mega? What about a car charger?

I'm considering buying the 510 cartomizer Express Kit just to have the extra manual & automatic batteries on hand in my car just for emergencies.

Will all these things fit/work together?

I'm hoping to build a simple, no-nonsense grand-slam heavy-hitter that is powerful & dependable with the longest battery life possible and back up parts as well.

I would really appreciate advice from those of you who are knowledgable on this.

Thanx a million!

for chargers and batteries i would stick to the same brand.

the ego battery is a bit different than other 510 batterys in that the 510 stick battery chargers cant charge the ego due to the size of the neck on the ego.

510 works with 510 equipment. any 510 atty or carto will fit any 510 battery.

i have a feeling if you go get an ego (standard, xl, or passthough battery) your old batteries will be the "backups".

Just to clarify... you say you have a Revolution? But you make reference to parts fitting the 510.. You probably know this but just in case, the Revolution is a KR808. So you are looking for a completely new setup??? Of course an adapter can fix all of that. (GoodProphets.com for $0.99)

I'm a hardcore smoker of 30+ yrs and recently switched to vaping. I have a REVOLUTION which works great, but want to piece together a setup to better suit my needs.

I'm on the road alot and frequently work long days so I need a portable charge system and batteries with long life.

I really enjoy the simplicity of the 2 pc REV and prefer to stay with that. I dont care to get into all the mods and upgrades at this time.

The MEGA battery sounds perfect for me but does it fit the 510 cartomizers? With an adapter?

Can I get a pass-through charger for the mega? What about a car charger?

I'm considering buying the 510 cartomizer Express Kit just to have the extra manual & automatic batteries on hand in my car just for emergencies.

Will all these things fit/work together?

I'm hoping to build a simple, no-nonsense grand-slam heavy-hitter that is powerful & dependable with the longest battery life possible and back up parts as well.

I would really appreciate advice from those of you who are knowledgable on this.

Thanx a million!

• 1 month later...

i also would like to know more about this. i currently have been using the joyE 510 and upgraded to the mega(280mAH) batt. and a low resistance (~1.5 ohm) atty. I keep seeing that this particular atty should be used with a 420mAH batt./2.7v or higher for longevity of both items. My question is would i be able to buy the ego batt. for use w/the low Ohm 510 atty or is there some other battery with a higher voltage/mAH that i could use with the atty's i already have.

also apparently there are 2types of ego (type a/ type B)

which one of these would be the one to fit what i have already?

i also would like to know more about this. i currently have been using the joyE 510 and upgraded to the mega(280mAH) batt. and a low resistance (~1.5 ohm) atty. I keep seeing that this particular atty should be used with a 420mAH batt./2.7v or higher for longevity of both items. My question is would i be able to buy the ego batt. for use w/the low Ohm 510 atty or is there some other battery with a higher voltage/mAH that i could use with the atty's i already have.

also apparently there are 2types of ego (type a/ type B)

which one of these would be the one to fit what i have already?

Both batteries will work. The higher mah battery simply means it lasts longer. (Holds a longer charge) :)

for chargers and batteries i would stick to the same brand.

the ego battery is a bit different than other 510 batterys in that the 510 stick battery chargers cant charge the ego due to the size of the neck on the ego.

510 works with 510 equipment. any 510 atty or carto will fit any 510 battery.

i have a feeling if you go get an ego (standard, xl, or passthough battery) your old batteries will be the "backups".

I am confused now... I charge my Riva 750 mAh battery with my standard 510 (stick) charger all the time. The threads are the same size. (You are not supposed to charge a stick type 510 battery with the eGo charger due to the higher charge rate, but I was not aware that the reverse was true.) Elucidate, please.

I am confused now... I charge my Riva 750 mAh battery with my standard 510 (stick) charger all the time. The threads are the same size. (You are not supposed to charge a stick type 510 battery with the eGo charger due to the higher charge rate, but I was not aware that the reverse was true.) Elucidate, please.

Are you using a battery main (510 extension) to get the Riva battery to fit in the 510 charger? Charging the battery on the regular 510 charger is not an issue, but it's my understanding that the eGo battery will not fit without the extender (linked below).

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.com/products/tornado-e-ni-accessories/tornado-battery-mains-charger-adaptor-product.html

Are you using a battery main (510 extension) to get the Riva battery to fit in the 510 charger? Charging the battery on the regular 510 charger is not an issue, but it's my understanding that the eGo battery will not fit without the extender (linked below).

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.com/products/tornado-e-ni-accessories/tornado-battery-mains-charger-adaptor-product.html

Not at all. My 510 came with a 100 mA usb charger that the Riva (750 mAh non-SE) screws into flawlessly. It does not charge as quickly as with the Riva usb charger, (at 420 mA) but it definitely does the trick. I do not have any experience with a Joye or Tornado battery, so I cannot speak to the extender issues. (I thought the two were the same, minus the button and a couple of other minor cosmetic differences though.) I am intrigued now.

Edited by thorne

Not at all. My 510 came with a 100 mA usb charger that the Riva (750 mAh non-SE) screws into flawlessly. It does not charge as quickly as with the Riva usb charger, (at 420 mA) but it definitely does the trick. I do not have any experience with a Joye or Tornado battery, so I cannot speak to the extender issues. (I thought the two were the same, minus the button and a couple of other minor cosmetic differences though.) I am intrigued now.

Well, after digging around for 5 minutes looking for my regular 510 charger, I finally remembered that I gave it away! LOL! If I recall correctly though, the 510 battery slid about 1/2" or so into the charger before threading, so I don't think the eGo would fit it. They may have changed the standard charger, or maybe you have a different brand. IDK - but glad yours are interchangeable. :)

Edited by Brian