How Long Did It Take You To Completely Switch?

mrar

I got my 510 on Thursday and I'm thrilled! Since it arrived I have had one analog, it's been over four years since I've gone a day without one.

I still get a craving for real cigs though, but so far I've been able to pull through.

How long did it take you to completely stop smoking analogs? Also, how long did it take you to stop craving analogs? Yesterday was really bad for me, I basically forced myself to stay inside all day to prevent lighting up. While I'm getting the nicotine, I definitely feel as if at times I crave all the other stuff that's in analogs. Today's been fine though.

Congrats on making through to this point. Many people have started vaping and never picked up another cigarette since day one. As for me, it's been a battle. I started two years ago at Christmas time and fought with it for over a year. In fact I went back to smoking after only a few months with my first PV. It was one of those mall kiosk types and really didn't work well at giving me what I needed. Then this past January I started again in earnest and haven't had a real analog in 325 days. That's not to say that I haven't had serious cravings, I have, and still do from time to time. But now I just tell myself that I've gone this long without one, and I start vaping a little harder, and the craving goes away and I'm just left enjoying the vape.

The biggest thing for you is to not force yourself. If you need to have an analog that's fine. It's not going to make things any worse and in time you'll find that you'd rather be vaping than smoking. And maybe for you those cravings will just go away like they have for so many others.

Smoking is a hard habit to stop. I know! After 40+ years for me to go this long without a cigarette is a real miracle. And will happen for you too.

Just don't beat yourself up over it. Let you and your body work this out and it WILL happen.

Good luck and happy vaping.

I quit smoking the day I started vaping. For me I had already made my mind up that I was going to stop smoking. I already had an ecig ready to go when I smoked the last cig in my pack. I did crave analogs when I first started vaping but I quickly fell in love with vaping and never looked back.

Good words of advice there, snubber!

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I smoked analogs for 34 years and from the first drag on the first PV, I never wanted another analog. That first week, my "kit" only had one battery, so while that battery charged for about 3 hours, I did have an analog during that time. The amazing thing was that I didn't really "want" the analog, but felt like I "needed" it. After two days I started researching ecigs online and three days later had my second PV - which came with TWO batteries!! Never had another analog after that and have never once craved an analog. I have been blessed by ecigs and by the members of VT who have been a HUGE support system to me.

I averaged just under a pack a day. I think what helped me a lot is that I was ready to quit analogs anyway, and was counting the days until my Ego kit arrived. When it did, the first thing I did was drip about 3 drops in a LR atomizer, and took my first long, slow vape... After I saw a giant, good tasting plume of vapor exit my mouth... well, that was it. I knew right then and there my tobacco days were over, and haven't had a analog since.

To be honest though, I did think of analogs about 4 weeks after starting to vape, but I think that's because for a while I was stuck with only a couple of juice flavors from a sample pack that I really didn't care for at all, actually I hated the flavors. But all is good now that our favorite juice finally arrived.

For me a big part of this is to make sure you have all your favorite stuff at hand all the time, don't run out of anything.

Oh, I passed another test to.. shortly after I started vaping, I was on my way to work, and took a hit from my cartomized Ego. The taste all of a sudden was getting real funky.. by the time I got to work I realized my carto took a total dump, and I didn't bring any spares with me... oops... I went all day at work without a vape, or a analog, with my workmate smoking by my side much of the day. It wasn't easy, but I did it. I may have broken the speed limit here and there on my way home though to get that fresh LR carto installed lol

For me I got my Joye Ego kit on 11-24-10. I loved it. I still had a pack of analogs left and I smoked 5. They tasted nasty compared to my new vaping toy. The next day(Thanksgiving) I had one cig. Tasted even worse. So after that I hid that pack of analogs and continued to vape. Found myself feeling better within days.....(other then feeling slightly fatigued.) Then I started to notice myself noticing my sense of smell returning and my lungs no longer hurt when I woke up. NO more coughing fits.

When I really knew I was over analogs was when I gave the rest of my(almost full) pack of analogs away a few days ago. Now I don't even miss them. I used to go crazy if I was without a pack and this device makes me not even miss them! How crazy is that? No, it's not crazy, it's awesome! I also find myself vaping less at times I normally would have vaped a lot. This device has made me less dependent. Eventually I would like to vape for fun occasionally w/ little to no nicotine. I just want to say this has been a lifesaver for me. I enjoy it, I don't smell like smoke anymore. I am just so happy to have found something I can enjoy without feeling as guilty as I did before.

I'm sorry for going overboard. I am just so happy! :D

I was a two pack a day smoker. My life revolved around analog cigs for almost 12 yrs. I never want to go back.

Edited by Ellynn99

Four days. I received my 510 kit on a Tuesday and started vaping in the evenings after work only, just learning how it worked. By Thursday I found myself at work missing my vape while I was smoking. I smoked my last analog when I woke up Saturday morning and started vaping full time. Early on I didn't have any cravings. For me, the bad cravings started about 2 months after I started vaping and they would hit hard. I was able to vape heavily and get through it. I didn't get them often, but when they hit they were VERY strong. It's probably been 4 or 5 months now since the last time I had a craving.

I went to sleep with 6 cigs left and started E-Cigs the next day and tossed all six of the analogs 2 days later!!!Never looked back and I smoked for 22 years!!

Good luck to you!

Two days for me....I only had like two the first day I started vaping, then one in the next morning......then done........don't miss them at all....I had a full unopened pack of Marlboro Lights that I just tossed to our detail guy at the dealership and said "enjoy"!.....he looked at me like I was crazy.

I had a few smokes left in the pack the day the eGo arrived. While it charged up, I had a couple. When it was fully charged, I went outside, had a drink and the last smoke, pulled the eGo out of my pocket and vaped it up. Haven't bought a pack since. I have, though, bummed a few smokes while at the bar from friends here and there, but by this time I don't think I've had more than fourteen of those nasty things since September 1, 2010. They taste so awful now. Love vaping!

I started vaping a month ago and since then I have a half pack of my analog cig in front of me, in my computer desk, to remind me how stupid I was for not trying e cig's before. That's me, I know that people reacts in different ways but i have now the same feeling of repulsion about analog cig's as Ellynn99 and NANA posted up. My Tornado/EGO works great!!!

Edited by Kingbas

I was a 4-5 analog a day smoker (mostly in the car)and heavy social smoker but I chewed a lot. I would actually put a small amount of chew in and never spit. I would say I would have a dip in at least half of my waking day. I received my Blu pack and needless to say was not impressed. I did some more research and came upon VT and bought an ego about 2 months ago. I quit analogs immediately. I tried an analog my first happy hour with the guys and it was just awful! The chew took some more work though and I am happy to report that I am completely tobacco free for 10 day now. After 22 years of tobacco use, it it a new lease on life.

for me it was pretty much instant. well, after I got a decent ecig/juice that is.

started out with some POS I bought at the local liquor store. wasn't cutting it. barely any vapor production and terrible tasting. battery lasted all of 5 minutes.

after that debuckle, did some research online and ended up getting a 510 and some good juice.

after the first day, I had no urge to smoke analogs. I was a pack a day smoker of 16+ years. it was pretty amazing.

found this site shortly after, which helped ALOT. lots of good folks here. learned alot in very short time here the first month. :thumbup:

Although I have only been doing this a short time (like a week) I have had 2 really bad days. I wanted an analog so bad. However, I smoked all that I had on hand before I started vaping. So that saved me those 2 days. I will have to report back as time passes. But, I really don't want to pick up another analog again (so I keep telling myself)!

From my first drag on my first e cig! I was done the second I started vaping. After 25+ yrs of a pack and a half a day habit! I even had more than half a pack of smokes when I started vaping. They sat by the TV (just in case) for 3 weeks before I threw them away. I am now no nic and by summer I may even be a non vaper too!

Edited by ThaHodgehound

I'm one of the lucky ones also.........one puff e-cig, no more analogs. And that ended 35+ yrs of smoking. I will still have those "pings" of wanting an analog, but I just pick up the Ego and all is well. Good luck!