Juice - Pg Or Vg?

Emily

Hi,

I just ordered my new Joye eGO kit tonight.(so excited) I've been looking around and I LOVE this site, But I also checked out another juice site. They have three different types of juices, PG -Propylene Glyco, or the VG-vegetable glycerine, and then a Reduced PG (PV/VG mix).

I don't have any idea of why I would choose one or the other or the mix? Anyone know what the difference is?

Thanks,

em

PG tends go carry flavor better and gives a better throat hit. VG gives a smoother/softer throat hit and is thicker. Being so think, VG can gum up your attomizer. The real plus side to VG is that it creates massive vapor. I usually vape an 80/20 mix of PG/VG.

Welcome Emily! You'll love the eGo! That's what I've got too. I have been goin with a 80PG/20VG for the past few months. Sometimes 70PG/30VG depending on the liquid. If you haven't tried tastyvapor.us you should check them out. They have a nice drop down window for selecting your liquid mixtures. I buy my Kretek (Clove) there. Great people and they mix it fresh and ship it out super fast! If you want to try some LR (low resistance) cartomizers, go with the 2.0 ohm that vaporkings.com has. They work great with the ego! I just ordered more the other day. Best I've found. Lots of vapor and they made all my liquids vape better than anything I use to buy. It's like a high voltage vape, since they are low resistance. :)

Ok thanks, I didn't know you could choose a specific blend. ie. 70/30. Good to know.

I understand PG giving a better TH and flavor part which I think I would want for sure. But why do you want a good amount of vapor...is that what you blow out after inhaling?

Ok thanks, I didn't know you could choose a specific blend. ie. 70/30. Good to know.

I understand PG giving a better TH and flavor part which I think I would want for sure. But why do you want a good amount of vapor...is that what you blow out after inhaling?

Yes the vapor is what you blow out. I like the vapors :)

I love the vapors. :thumbsup: Without big clouds of vapor, I don't get the same effect from vaping. I'm sure a lot of that is "in my head", but I smoked for 34 years and was used to seeing the smoke. Now I want to see the vapor. It's what has kept me away from analogs for 14 months now, so I'm sticking with it. Gotta have my vapors. :rolleyes:

Well I always suggest that those new to vaping should start with PG only liquids. You need a base on which to make your comparisons, something you can compare to, you can then move on the various PG/VG combos to see how each affects the various parameters of the vape and which ones suit your needs.

Freshie weighing in, but I recently got some 80PG/20VG Keoke Coffee from vapor room. After only using VT 100%PG Apple Dapple juice before that, I definitely noticed more vapor output from the Coffee blend. That being said, it doesn't feel as rich in flavor. Something about the VT liquid feels more robust and flavorful, and I'm not just repeating what I've read! I was honestly surprised at the difference with a liquid that had just a little bit of VG in it, but the flavor difference could just be the fact that the Coffee hasn't grown on me yet. Gonna try it with actual coffee tomorrow since lots have posted favorably about it, but it has a sharp, sweet flavor at first, which is nice. The exhale produces a nice, thick cloud but tastes earthy, like the bottom of the pot IMHO.

I know a lot of folks want to see as much visible vapor as possible but i find that even at 20%VG the loss of throat hit is too much for me. The biggest reason VG was introduced was for the small percentage of people that have a sensitivity to PG. I personally could never really tell the difference in vapor production from a good quality PG juice and an 80PG/20VG blend, but the flavor and throat hit are certainly diminished as the VG level goes up. Again, only personally, but i actually prefer good throat hit and moderate vapor to prevent the attention that spewing clouds of vapor can get when in public.... mo' stealthy. Order a sample of both, see which you like more.

I like Vg because of the vapor. I tend to go 50/50 a lot though. VT is the only straight PG I buy but that's due to the fact that I like some of VT's flavors and I trade off big plumes of vapor for it. It's a personal choice, but PG drys my mouth and throat out too much to do it all the time.

I know a lot of folks want to see as much visible vapor as possible but i find that even at 20%VG the loss of throat hit is too much for me. The biggest reason VG was introduced was for the small percentage of people that have a sensitivity to PG. I personally could never really tell the difference in vapor production from a good quality PG juice and an 80PG/20VG blend, but the flavor and throat hit are certainly diminished as the VG level goes up. Again, only personally, but i actually prefer good throat hit and moderate vapor to prevent the attention that spewing clouds of vapor can get when in public.... mo' stealthy. Order a sample of both, see which you like more.

Yeah I don't care about blowing big vapor out. I just care how it taste and the throat hit. So sounds like I should try an all PG Juice.

Where do you guys ordeer juice where you can get a custom blend of the PG VG? I've only ordered juice from here and from JuicyVapor.com

I have 2 favorites from Juicy vapor, but they only offer all PG or VG or 50/50 blend.