Ban On E-Cigs

cheshyl

Question: If there ever was a ban on e-cigs like we know them now, God forbid. What happens to us that can't make our on mod and don't make our own juice. I wouldn't know where to begin to diy juice, let alone a mod. Now that I have found vaping I don't want to quit. I enjoy it so much For years I didn't enjoy smoking but was addicted to the nicotine. At least I went outside to smoke and now with cold weather I can stay inside and stay warm. Vape anywhere I want!!!

You will have to forgive me because I have a lot of random thoughts and some of them I can't find on the internet so I think from now on I'll come to the forum for help.

I really hope they don't ban it. I mean I just started and I'm loving it! I also feel better. So many people claim the same thing..

But of course, leave it up to the government to take away something we all love and enjoy and replace it with analogs...which are PROVEN to kill people. Oh yeah and while they are at it, they would probably hike up the tax on cigs another buck or two. :rolleyes2:

Edited by Ellynn99

You know this is a very good question. I can tell you right now, if the day comes and it just might, I will release every bit of information that I have on electronic cigarettes and e Liquid. That includes contacts to order direct from the factories, overstock sources in China and the most effective shipping methods. This should provide enough stock for everyone to survive for quite a while. But of course it's not the ultimate answer.

Following a drop in supply (if it's banned on a large scale there will be no reason for the factories to produce product) I have no doubt the market will go underground. At the moment people sort of look at the government like Mom and Dad. But what happens when Mom and Dad become abusive drug addicts? You grow up, move out and you say F' em.

While the thought of people mixing their own nicotine makes me shudder, you're all adults. Vapor Talk is a platform for information. If legally or financially we're shut down another site will pop up. And like a weed in a garden for every one you kill 2 more pop up. I've said this before, I create the stage but you put on the show. Ultimately, if the people want something, bad enough, they'll get it. It's the American way. Once the boiler has been lit, there is no telling the amount of power it will produce.

heck, if Wikileaks can continue to operate, I'm pretty sure a bunch of Vapers can congregate with very little issue. Some DIY'ers have mastered e liquid mixing to a science (and of course others...not so much) but regardless the information is shared. I say stop asking, start taking.

With all that said however, I don't see a ban in the immediate future, perhaps heavy regulation but in some way, ecigs are here to stay.

On that note...

I agree, great reply Chris!!

My stash is only about two years worth, but I plan to increase that just a little. I already have a couple of China suppliers bookmarked - just in case. If it looks like a ban is coming soon, I'd be looking for more. It's nice to know that Chris has our backs and will help in that area if we need it. And if I had to, I'd go underground, too. I am not giving this up!!!

You know this is a very good question. I can tell you right now, if the day comes and it just might, I will release every bit of information that I have on electronic cigarettes and e Liquid. That includes contacts to order direct from the factories, overstock sources in China and the most effective shipping methods. This should provide enough stock for everyone to survive for quite a while. But of course it's not the ultimate answer.

Following a drop in supply (if it's banned on a large scale there will be no reason for the factories to produce product) I have no doubt the market will go underground. At the moment people sort of look at the government like Mom and Dad. But what happens when Mom and Dad become abusive drug addicts? You grow up, move out and you say F' em.

While the thought of people mixing their own nicotine makes me shudder, you're all adults. Vapor Talk is a platform for information. If legally or financially we're shut down another site will pop up. And like a weed in a garden for every one you kill 2 more pop up. I've said this before, I create the stage but you put on the show. Ultimately, if the people want something, bad enough, they'll get it. It's the American way. Once the boiler has been lit, there is no telling the amount of power it will produce.

heck, if Wikileaks can continue to operate, I'm pretty sure a bunch of Vapers can congregate with very little issue. Some DIY'ers have mastered e liquid mixing to a science (and of course others...not so much) but regardless the information is shared. I say stop asking, start taking.

With all that said however, I don't see a ban in the immediate future, perhaps heavy regulation but in some way, ecigs are here to stay.

On that note...

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

Great video. Thanks for your reply Chris. The question is, how do we help? Do we let our Congressmen know? What type of leverage do we have? Let me know and if it's something I can do, I will.

Edited by jeffb

Does it actually look like this will be banned? I heard somewhere it looked promising that it won't be...

I don't know, but I like to be prepared for as much as possible. I want enough supplies and backups that if we are without power for a few days, or get snowed in, I have what I need to make it through that. Be it food or vaping supplies...whatever. I want to have enough backup vaping supplies that I won't be caught without something when I need it. I want to be prepared in case of a ban. If a ban never happens, I just have lots and lots of backups.

We love you Christopher! :thumbsup:

:::off to make some discs on DIY tutorials so that I can use it when I'm ready and understanding of the principles. Oh, yes, and the Puck mod too and the Lazer Mod and the Flashlight Mod, and the juicebox mod tutorials... :) :::

Here in Australia they banned the sale of juice containing nicotine, don't know who signed of on that, never hear anything on the news they just did it. Anyone know who banned it in Aus so I can make sure I don't vote for them? At least in America you know who the enemy is.

Please let me know if I'm naive, but I don't see there ever being a ban on the equipment.

Probably not even the juice (if there is no nicotine).

It seems that the big issue is the nicotine.

"They" would be pretty hard pressed to outlaw PG, VG and food flavorings. Those are accessible at walmart.

Is that correct? Or are we really in danger of losing equipment supply too.

Please let me know if I'm naive, but I don't see there ever being a ban on the equipment.

Probably not even the juice (if there is no nicotine).

It seems that the big issue is the nicotine.

"They" would be pretty hard pressed to outlaw PG, VG and food flavorings. Those are accessible at walmart.

Is that correct? Or are we really in danger of losing equipment supply too.

That's a good point. Although, IMO, since the products are being advertised to give nicotine they would probably initially ban the device and then sellers would have to get together and market it as being a "nicotine-free smoking device" or something like that and then they could get it back on the market. Like how head shops are legal because their products are advertised as for smoking tobacco.

And after reading some of the statements from the court cases it all seems to be in the way it is marketed.

Edited by mrar