Going To Start - Need Help

Emily

Lucky for me, I found this site before even getting a starter kit. Here are my questions...

Pretty sure I've decided on getting the Joye Ego starter kit. Haven't decided which site to get it from, because I see it's only $57.99 at Mikeusa.com

But what I'm not sure about is this, if it comes with an atomizer, but I think I want a cartomizer so I can use it longer between dripping right? So how do I know what cartomizer will fit the Joye Ego?

Also, I read that a Drip Tip is good to get. What part does that replace...or is it just something extra?

As for the nicotine, how much is in a regular (not light) cigarette, so I know what strength juice to order.

Any help, answers or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

Emily

Buy your kit from this site, the VT store! bcuz you will no its offical, the cheap price ones out there work but they are knock offs and the battery life on those arent as good as the real eGo or Tornado from totally wicked, the Joye eGo is a 510 so 510 atomizers and cartomizers is what you want bcuz thats the fitting on the eGo, basicly the device you are selecting is the best witch is the 510 joye ego, hope this helps, welcome to VT.... :beer: ohh yeah regular nicotine is usaully 16-18mg, light is like 12mg or lower...drip tips are extra, just something you put on the atty for direct drippin, check out a few videos and other posts as well, that might help too.

Edited by BEERCITYVAPRZ

Welcome Emily. The Joye Ego is a good place to start. Most kits will come with 2 standard 510 atomizers. You can order a package of blank 510 cartomizers separately. They usually come in a package of 5 for about $7 to $8. Depends on where you get them. You will need to fill them with liquid. There are videos showing how to fill them. It is quite simple. The drip tip replaces the cartridge/cap that fits on the atomizer. It will have a large hole that allows you to drip directly into the atomizer. Some suggest using them with the cartomizers. I use the drip tips on the standard atomizer.

As for the strength of the liquid...How many packs do you smoke a day? That really would be helpful. I smoked lights and about a pack a day. I started with 16 to 18 mg nic strength.

I took a look at that site and the products they have. Something is fishy, I wouldn't buy from there. Stolen image from another supplier and they actually referred to the Ego as an inhalator in the description.

Try not to get hung up on finding the cheapest price. You might just get a knock off or some really bad advice. Try looking right here at the VT store or the other supporting suppliers. They will carry everything you are looking for and they will answer any questions you might have if you chose to contact them.

Good luck. I hope this helped.

The Ego really is a great place to start. Very good choice.

Have you taken a look through the suppliers list on this forum--lots of choices and they are reputable.

The VT store is truly reliable with excellent customer service.

The initial start up cost isn't cheap--but so worth every penny. cheaper is not always better.

Dripping is great for vapor and flavor, cartomizers are great for driving or times when I can't drip.

You will need to try various combinations to see what works best for you.

I got my start up Ego kit from Awesome Vapor and it is great! (They also give you a full bottle of e-juice of your choice.) I have also gotten a few things(attys and cartomizers) from the Vapor Talk store(shipping is so fast, Thanks Chris!) The pack of 3 attys for 25.99 is a pretty good deal. I got some backups. Thevaporroom.net is also a cool place to check out. I saw some of their prices were pretty reasonable. They also have a different variety of E-juice. All of the places I have mentioned so far are really good. Plus make sure you use a discount code they give you. You get money off your orders.

As for strength, I was a 2 pack a day smoker of Marb Ultra Light Menthol 100s(for me it wasn't like smoking air). I vape 18mg or 16mg strength and love it! It doesn't feel that strong at all to me. It seems just perfect. Eventually I want to go lower, but it seems with vaping you should start off a little higher and then work your way down to a lower strength of nicotine.

And yes, it can be pricey to start vaping. But, I have already paid for my kit and then some for what I have spent for vaping supplies in the 9 days since I had my last analog cig. Plus I feel better.

Good luck and I just want to say this forum is awesome for helping people who are new to vaping. The "how to" videos are great also.

Edited by Ellynn99

Welcome to VT Emily! :) You've made a good choice with the eGo. For nic strength, I smoked 1 1/2 packs of Marlboro Lights p/day and now vape 24mg. You may want to start at 16mg or 18mg and then go up/down from there if needed.

Both VT store and wordupecigs carry real Joye eGos. I have the XL I got from wordup and it is incredible. Juices are tougher to recommend because we all have favorite flavors. My top 4 are wordup, VT, Hot Vapes, and Juicy Vapors. You can order attys and cartos for either the eGo called jumbos, or 510, the eGo has 510 conection and is I think the most solid player out there.

Do it right the first time.. buy back ups and generally at least one of whatever you can get your hands on i.e. cartomizers, drip tips, low resistance cartomizers etc. If you do I like I did you'll constantly be wondering what else you COULD have, and what could be better for you. It's taken almost three weeks to find "my perfect fit" but I've found it and am even more hooked than when my ego arrived.

Welcome to the community. There are TONS of GREAT people here to answer any questions you may have. I can't believe I've learned as I have in the past three weeks!

Save $, Vape More!!

You guys are so awesome at responding so FAST! You ALL rock! I'm sooo glad I found this site. My friend is the one that actually told me about the whole eCig thing. She's the one that gave me the link to the other site with the "cheap" Joye 510, which is what she got. (her cousin told her) So I did a bunch of searching and found this amazing site. Now she wishes she found it before getting her first kit. But at least she has it now. I'm going to order everything you suggested bahamasboy. Thanks everyone!!! I'm ordering right now!!! :thumbsup: