Got Someone To Start Vaping!

So, I got my cousin to start vaping. He actually quit smoking a few years back, but he started chewing. He wanted to quit since my father, who chews, recently started losing teeth. My mother who smokes, also started having jaw problems and has had a few teeth removed already. It's sad, but at least one of my family has made the switch.

My cousin figures that it is probably healthier in the long run than something that is PROVEN to cause health problems. Got him a TW Tornado kit when it was on sale a little while back. He likes to vape to kill the craving, so he vapes 36mg of nic. Got him Parisian Vanilla as his first flavor and he loves it. Oh yeah, and he got a drip tip cause he saw mine and wanted what I had and not something else, so then I had to explain the difference. He ended up getting a Long Drip tip, and I have a shorty (Figured I'd get a couple mega batts while ordering for him, shame on me :D).

Sorry I drone on and on, just wanted to share the news!

I actually try to get my mom vaping a lot. I am not forceful, just ask her to taste it and see if it is ok, I bought like 3 menthol flavors (mostly cause she is a menthol smoker) and tried to get her to start. I will keep trying but not be forceful, as I remember as a smoker, whenever anyone got on my case I didn't go on the defensive, I went on the offensive. I would really like to avoid that. I will still keep on fighting and vaping all the way!

congrats psycho !!!

It really does feel good when we get the chance to pass on this amazing experience. It's also nice to have somebody to share with.

Very smart with your mom--the worst thing to do is push. She has to be ready to make the switch. keep working on her--eventually she will see the light.

congrats! I've converted 5 ppl so far. 4 of them in their 50's who've been smoking since before I was born.

The thing I found that helps the most is explaining how much money I'm saving and the fact that I can do it wherever. Analogs are so rediculously expensive now that every smoker is looking for a way out. Good luck with your mom!

Dude

My daughter has been questioned by several of the security people at work about ecigs. It seems that one of the other admitting girls told a security guy that I was vaping and loved it, then one of the other security guys said yeah he knows me well and has been with me while I vaped. He said he's telling everyone, he was impressed because of my heavy smoking habit and numerous failures prior to this. He says he is really shocked at how easy it was for me and how I am now smoke-free after 35 years. I only wish I'd have know about this sooner, I lost one of my mentors to smoking related bronchitis 2 years ago now. I miss her daily and wish I'd have had this knowledge then, she would still be around teaching and mentoring new nurses. The world is a darker place without her in it.

I've semi-converted 2 (they have eGos, but haven't really found the right set-ups to suit them yet, so they are still smoking analogs about half the time). I've also sent at least 2 people here to the forums to read and research, and hopefully order and start! I'm a fiend now myself, after a grand total of one week, LOL. Just ordered a box of soft-tip cartos, decided I like the ones with the mouthpiece better. More of a pain in the butt to fill, but I just like the mouthpiece ones better. And flavors, flavors, flavors, LOL. :thumbsup: