How Many Draws Equivalent To An Analog?

73martin

Hello everyone,

I initially jumped on a spam wagon and bought the Safe Cig, which pretty much sucks I must say. Upon recommendation of a friend, I purchased the Joye eGo. He's on these boards as Stirfry and he has been really great, but I don't want to keep blowing up his facebook with my noobie questions.

I really want to quit smoking analogs and am excited to use the eGo. I have a few basic questions perhaps someone could be kind enough to answer.

I tried the prefilled cart that came with the eGo and it was not great and only seemed good for about 3 puffs maybe. Question 1. Is this typical of a pre-filled cart? I watched Hodge's awesomely simple (just what I require!) video on what is an e-cig and direct dripping. This seems like a better option.

Question 2. How many puffs equals my old Camel light? I got really bad headaches, fatigue and nausea from the Safe Cig and I want to avoid Nic OD, etc.

I was a fairly light smoker - 2-4 Camel lights per day except for when partying I could go through a pack in an evening.

By the way, the Camel Light juice from wordup. ecig has a slightly sweet taste - is this typical? Question 3. Do all juices have this sweetness?

I really appreciate any advice! This seems like a really nice forum and I look forward to reading and posting!

LT

Hey Martin, welcome to VaporTalk.

I just wanted to say hello. I'm not an expert so really don't feel qualified to answer your questions. I do know that the sweetness varies. From what I hear PG is a little sweeter than VG. It has a natural sweetness to it. And many tobacco flavors have some cherry or vanilla in them.

If you are getting headaches and nausea... sounds like you are using too strong a nic level. What strength are the cartomizers etc? Do they have a mg level? Some just say High and don't tell you what the mg of nicotine is. High can be anywhere from 18-36 mg.

Someone who is much more informed than me will come along and give you all the help you'll ever need. This is a really friendly place.

Again... welcome.

Edited by HyOnLyph

Welcome to Vapor Talk. You should be grateful to have a friend like Stirfry to help you on your way int vaping.

I read somewhere that you take something like 10-12 drags off of a regular cigarette. Don't quote me on that. But for a e-cig it may take a few more to equal an analog since you're not getting the same amount of nic. (unless you're vaping really high nic level). As far as the carts that came with your eGo, you're right, they don't last very long and you have to keep refilling them because they don't wick the liquid well enough.

Most people either direct drip or use cartomizers. The drip method is good for about 5 or 6 toots before you need to add liquid. 2-3 drops directly into the atty should be enough. Also, a drip tip is really good for this because you don't have to remove it to add liquid. The cartomizers work great when you're unable to drip, like driving or doing something that you can't stop for dripping. They hold more juice and you can usually go an hour or more before you need to re-wet the filler. I take the filler out of my old carts and use the carts as tips on my cartos, makes a nice mouthpiece.

The carts that came with your kit is probably 24mg liquid, and since you don't smoke heavily I would suggest you cut your nic level down to around 16mg. You will be able to adjust later either up or down as you see how it goes. And yes some juices are more sweet than others. It really depends on the pg/vg base of the nic.

Hope this helps a little and there will be other along to help out also, maybe correct anything I might have wrong. But you're on the right track so keep at it. It only gets better.

Good luck and happy vaping.thumbup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

HELLO MARTIN-

YOU CAN ORDER JUICE FROM ALMOST EVERYONE WITH 0 TO 36 MILLIGRAMS OF NICOTINE. 18 TO 24 MG OF NICOTINE IS THE SAME LEVEL AS A REGULAR CIGATETTE- PACK. IF YOU SMOKED LIGHTS YOU MIGHT WANT TO ORDER 12MG OR 18 MG. OR LESS. YOU WILL JUST HAVE TO TRY IT OUT.

CHEERS,

DANNY

Before I had my last cigarette, I counted how many "puffs" I took on it so I'd know how many to take when vaping. I thought I needed to know so I didn't vape too much. It didn't take long before I quit counting. Now I don't think there is such a thing as vaping too much. :smoke:

What ARE the chances of overdosing on the Nicotine? I just started with my new ecig last night. My friend got hers today. In the paperwork she got, it actually WARNED against nic overdose, and said to be VERY careful. So she is of course paranoid now. I was just vaping away and she was telling me to slow down. We are using 16mg, and have 18mg on the way. If we stay in that range, how much would be "too much" vaping?

Also, she was "told" to start with a higher level of nicotine than what she was smoking with analogs. Which was an Ultra Light...I don't know who or why she was told that, but is it true? I would think she should start at 16mg or lower. Any advice on that?

Thanks!

em

I wouldnt worry about a nic overdose as long as you listen to your body. If you start to feel nauseus thats a good sign you've had too much nic. Maybe some of our nurses here can add more symptoms. As far as your friend is concerned, how many packs was she smoking a day?

I tried the prefilled cart that came with the eGo and it was not great and only seemed good for about 3 puffs maybe. Question 1. Is this typical of a pre-filled cart? I watched Hodge's awesomely simple (just what I require!) video on what is an e-cig and direct dripping. This seems like a better option.

Not really, It could be several things. Depending on the amount of primer the factory put on the atomizer it could have either been dry (almost no liquid) or flooded (too much liquid). Take the atty off and blow thru it with your mouth hard into a paper towel several times. Do so until no fluid comes out. It's best to blow thru the thread end but really doesn't matter much. If no fluid comes out at all, drop a couple of drops of e-liquid directly into the atty to reprime it. Then push the cart in and try vaping. If you hear gurgling, still too much fluid, repeat above but don't put any directly into the atty, just put the cart in and wait a few mins for it to wick into the atty. I find a brand new regular sized 510 cart will usually vape for about 10-15 minuest before needing to be topped off.

Question 2. How many puffs equals my old Camel light? I got really bad headaches, fatigue and nausea from the Safe Cig and I want to avoid Nic OD, etc.

I was a fairly light smoker - 2-4 Camel lights per day except for when partying I could go through a pack in an evening.

Most common comparison is about 12-14 puffs for a regular King length cig. Those symptoms could be either mild nicotine overexposure or even nicotine withdrawal but based on your smoking level i'd guess you don't need much nic. Genuine Joye High carts are actually 18mg/ml nicotine which is realatively low so it would take a good bit of vaping to OD. Go slow until you get a feel for it just like you did when you started smoking. Also, try not to directly ingest any of the liquid as this puts more of the nic into your system as well.

By the way, the Camel Light juice from wordup. ecig has a slightly sweet taste - is this typical? Question 3. Do all juices have this sweetness?

e-liquid is a little like coffee, every single cup is an individual. Every vendor's flavor formulas are different and since the flavorings are an organic product, flavors even vary greatly from the same vendor batch to batch. Sweetness in e-liquid is usually based on the addition of ethyl maltol. It is very sweet and used in many formulas from tobacco to fruit flavors. Many vendors use traditional candy making flavorings to create their liquids and can often be more sweet because several of the flavors may contain ethyl maltol. Remember, if you are looking for a flavor that taste just like a burning cured tobacco leaf, good luck. Many of the tobacco flavors contain tobacco absolute which is a concentrate distilled directly from tobacco leaves but it really adds more of a tobacco smell to the vapor than a taste. Most vapers can find a flavor they like enough to use daily but it can take going thru many flavors to get there. Look for vendors that offer some sample paks as well as the forum classifieds for folks offering partial bottles for sale if you are comfortable with that. Joye's flavors are actually generally regarded as good, however most factory flavors are very subtle. The only Joye flavor that i really care for is their "Like Smoke" flavor which many other vendors will call R4 or Ruyan 4. It's a very smoky, slightly sweet, mildly vanilla, etc... and pretty good.

There are 4 basic reasons an ecig won't make vapor.

Battery Dead

No eliquid in atty

Too Much eliquid in atty

atomizer dead or dying

stay with it and keep reading the forums.

• 1 month later...

I have the same question, but slightly different. My analog habit is about 30/day of Winston 100 Full flavor. Now I'm on day one of the eGo Starter Kit. Did I read it right here that one only gets 3 or 4 good vape puffs out of each included cartridge? That cannot be right, it's way less than one cigarette. It seems to me I've already had maybe 15 drags on one. I'm confused. Also, what can I expect to get out of the included free juice?

I have the same question, but slightly different. My analog habit is about 30/day of Winston 100 Full flavor. Now I'm on day one of the eGo Starter Kit. Did I read it right here that one only gets 3 or 4 good vape puffs out of each included cartridge? That cannot be right, it's way less than one cigarette. It seems to me I've already had maybe 15 drags on one. I'm confused. Also, what can I expect to get out of the included free juice?

If you direct drip, 2-3 drops will give you 5-7 drags. With carts, you should get a lot more as carts will hold more eliquid. However, the problem many have with carts is that they do not release the eliquid very good, so you may get a few drags and the liquid in the cart will not run down to the wick. Often, you end up topping of the cart with 3-4 drops after taking several drags.

What ARE the chances of overdosing on the Nicotine? I just started with my new ecig last night. My friend got hers today. In the paperwork she got, it actually WARNED against nic overdose, and said to be VERY careful. So she is of course paranoid now. I was just vaping away and she was telling me to slow down. We are using 16mg, and have 18mg on the way. If we stay in that range, how much would be "too much" vaping?

Also, she was "told" to start with a higher level of nicotine than what she was smoking with analogs. Which was an Ultra Light...I don't know who or why she was told that, but is it true? I would think she should start at 16mg or lower. Any advice on that?

Thanks!

em

Although the typical ejuice does indeed contain nicotine, it does not contain any of the other 2000+ chemicals found in most analogs, which are always adulterated with other chemicals that add to their addictive properties. Since these chemicals are no longer being supplied to the body when you vape, it is a very common suggestion that new vapers start out with higher nicotine levels than their normal analog smoke would provide. This is done to offset the additional cravings for those other chemicals by increasing the nicotine delivered.

And while nicotine overdose is certainly possible, it's not usually easy to accomplish. Most folks will get ill, dizzy, headaches, etc, long before they can absorb enough nicotine to cause a serious overdose situation. If you experience any of these types of symptoms, slow down/stop your vaping activity until they subside. It's also not a bad idea to have ejuices in TWO nicotine levels. The higher levels when you first start out, and for those times when you are feeling extra stressed, or nicotine deprived. The lower levels to be used the rest of the time. I know lots of vapers personally that vape at a higher level nic first thing in the mornings, and then switch to a much lower level to use during the rest of their day.