Lnger Lasting Battery And Cartridge

gtr

Hey Group,

find the forum immensley useful, great help in finding my first kit.

Bought the KR808D, has been a great replacement for analogs, weekend puffer (with the cold frosty's)

Have found the battery life to be deficient in this model, along with having to refill the carts way too often.

When I fill, I get nowhere near the 15 drops" that most of the instructional videos show before it starts running out the end and wasting perfectly good liquids.

Every now and then I run into one cart that will last alot longer than others, with no explanation.

Seems the battery lasts longer when I get one of the "magical fills" accomplished. (been using the same 5 carts originally ordered with no bad tastes noticed yet).

Also could do without th "mouthfull of liquid" that comes after filling sometimes.

I am looking to find a mondo rig that will allow me to not mess with refilling all night and a battery that will last and provide TH that we all look for.

Am I looking for a unicorn in the ecigmarket, or does this product really exist?

Would almost consider going back to analogs with all of the work required with the current rig, if not for the awesome taste of the Wyatt Earp mixed with some classic or tahiti vanilla (way better taste than any analog I've ever had + he benefit of being 12mg total nicotine.

Any help would certainly be appreciated.

Edited by gtr

Just found this, seems like it might be exactly what I am looking for, any thoughts? Helpful suggestions?

http://www.puresmoker.com/product_p/joyeego.htm

Hey Group,

find the forum immensley useful, great help in finding my first kit.

Bought the KR808D, has been a great replacement for analogs, weekend puffer (with the cold frosty's)

Have found the battery life to be deficient in this model, along with having to refill the carts way too often.

When I fill, I get nowhere near the 15 drops" that most of the instructional videos show before it starts running out the end and wasting perfectly good liquids.

Every now and then I run into one cart that will last alot longer than others, with no explanation.

Seems the battery lasts longer when I get one of the "magical fills" accomplished. (been using the same 5 carts originally ordered with no bad tastes noticed yet).

Also could do without th "mouthfull of liquid" that comes after filling sometimes.

I am looking to find a mondo rig that will allow me to not mess with refilling all night and a battery that will last and provide TH that we all look for.

Am I looking for a unicorn in the ecigmarket, or does this product really exist?

Would almost consider going back to analogs with all of the work required with the current rig, if not for the awesome taste of the Wyatt Earp mixed with some classic or tahiti vanilla (way better taste than any analog I've ever had + he benefit of being 12mg total nicotine.

Any help would certainly be appreciated.

There are a lot of people in this forum with more experience than I have. However, I had some of those problems too. The mouthfull of juice. Hold the carto up to a napkin/tissue and blow on the threaded end. I find this clears out the residual. No need to blow hard. Just enough to move the juice to the tissue. That almost always does it for me.

Re: drops to refill. Because the wicking material differs and the consistency of the juice differs, the juice soaks down at different rates. If you can plan on it taking a little while, allowing it to sit and adding more, it will be less frustrating. Most videos don't show that because they don't have time to. Also, a toothpick down the side of the wicking material to allow the juice to flow down and soak in laterally, is sometimes helpful.

If you can, always put a thread cap on the end when you are filling. It prevents the juice from flowing out and actually allows it to soak in better.

Some people swear by blue filter material from a pet store (for fish tank filters). I think they mean for cartriges not cartomizers... but I'm not sure about that.

Personally, I use SmokeStik cartomizers refilled with VT juice. They are more expensive and I use adapters on my 510/eGo or 808 batteries. They last a long time, never burn and I get 20-30 drops into them when refilling. (of course "drops" are relative.) I'm not a heavy vaper, but I have not had one fail yet.

Edited by HyOnLyph

check out the condom fill method, i no longer do that but i'll put one on it and then - drip, then toss it into something like a drawstring (little) bag, wrap a rubber band around it and spin. then do it all over till its full.

after thats all done i pull off the condom (thats what we call the rubber booties that come on them) and grab the juice bottle, squeeze out the air put it on the hole that goes threw the middle (thread end) and then let it suck out the rest of the juice that is over flow.

i should make a video of this process.

there are mega cartos, then theres the larger mega (ego) carto that is a 510 *i haven't used them, yet*. you also have 801s that are pretty big.

more battery life can be had with an ego style battery, more life with the ego style mega, and uber life with a mod as you could pretty much put as many batteries in one as you wanted. a single mod with 18650 battery will last you at min 3 days.

re: the eGo. I just bought one from same guys a few days ago. I love it. Huge vapor and flavor and really nice feel. I either direct drip or still use the SmokeStik carto.

BTW... Jolly's an expert so... just sayin'... he's probably right.

Edited by HyOnLyph

Carts for a regular attomizer (like the 510 on the eGo you are looking at) will be more troublesome than the cartomizers you are using for the KR. If you go the eGo route, you may want to try the eGo mega cartomizers. I haven't used them so can't tell you much, except they hold a lot of eliquid. Honestly, I'm not aware of any cartomizer that will not have to be refilled at least every few hours. You will certainly get much better battery life from the eGo... 8+ hours.

Great, tanks for the replys,

Any thoughts on the link for the joye ego @ $ 49?

s this the mega battery /hit / juice load I'm looking for?

Moreso than my current rig?

I'm addicted to the vanilla/tobacco that I was only able to find in cigars before (only much cleaner /flavorable now)

and would love to make this work.

And I can still jog on Monday after vaping on Saturday, could not do that after a Sat with the analogs...:-)

check out the condom fill method, i no longer do that but i'll put one on it and then - drip, then toss it into something like a drawstring (little) bag, wrap a rubber band around it and spin. then do it all over till its full.

after thats all done i pull off the condom (thats what we call the rubber booties that come on them) and grab the juice bottle, squeeze out the air put it on the hole that goes threw the middle (thread end) and then let it suck out the rest of the juice that is over flow.

i should make a video of this process.

there are mega cartos, then theres the larger mega (ego) carto that is a 510 *i haven't used them, yet*. you also have 801s that are pretty big.

more battery life can be had with an ego style battery, more life with the ego style mega, and uber life with a mod as you could pretty much put as many batteries in one as you wanted. a single mod with 18650 battery will last you at min 3 days.

I'm refilling my carts every 15 minutes or so now...

Carts for a regular attomizer (like the 510 on the eGo you are looking at) will be more troublesome than the cartomizers you are using for the KR.  If you go the eGo route, you may want to try the eGo mega cartomizers.  I haven't used them so can't tell you much, except they hold a lot of eliquid.  Honestly, I'm not aware of any cartomizer that will not have to be refilled at least every few hours.  You will certainly get much better battery life from the eGo... 8+ hours.

Gettingready to order, anybody have a coupon code for this?

re: the eGo. I just bought one from same guys a few days ago. I love it. Huge vapor and flavor and really nice feel. I either direct drip or still use the SmokeStik carto.

Found a coupon or this, (thanks CasHmre) $5, covers shipping....ordered and anxiously awaiting arrival between weak puffs as my KD charges, again....

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-suppliers-forum/139791-puresmoker-thanksgiving-coupon-codes-good-ace-egos-icons-tonic-cash-eliquid.html

Gettingready to order, anybody have a coupon code for this?

Edited by gtr

Great, tanks for the replys,

Any thoughts on the link for the joye ego @ $ 49?

s this the mega battery /hit / juice load I'm looking for?

Moreso than my current rig?

I'm addicted to the vanilla/tobacco that I was only able to find in cigars before (only much cleaner /flavorable now)

and would love to make this work.

And I can still jog on Monday after vaping on Saturday, could not do that after a Sat with the analogs...:-)

egos don't sell for 49, so that would be a knock off.. i could be wrong but i doubt i am.

if you want cheap riva or over at volcano ecigs they sell one like the ego.

i have a friend that had a riva and she was happy with it. volcano ecigs has good customer service and there is a chat over there, maybe in the forum.

Hope you're wrong about the knock-off, went ahead and ordered it out of frustration with the current setup.

Figure it might not be bad with the one I have it I had an extra.

Only smoke once or twice a week, but Whe I do, I don't play around....

Am a big user / fan of user reviews, so I will definitely keep the forum posted on the outcome of this purchase.

Am usally very vocal and intent on getting the word out when I have been ripped off, so will be sure to warn everyone if this is a bad deal.

Thanks for your advice and help Jolly.

egos don't sell for 49, so that would be a knock off.. i could be wrong but i doubt i am.

if you want cheap riva or over at volcano ecigs they sell one like the ego.

i have a friend that had a riva and she was happy with it. volcano ecigs has good customer service and there is a chat over there, maybe in the forum.

Jolly Says this may be a knockoff, you have bought from this vendor, any comment?

Edited by gtr

Checked with Puresmoker and they are genuine eGo's. Now my suggestion for you would be to go over to VaporKings and get yourself a pk of the 2.0 LR empty cartomizers and maybe a pk of the regular cartomizers also. You will have to fill them every 3-4 hours depending on how much you vape, but it's better than the little cartos that need refilling every 15mins.

They also have the ego mega catros. If you want to give them a try. They hold almost 2mls of juice but they are a little harder to fill. (need a needle and syringe)

But your choice of an ego is a great choice. I think you will really like the difference between the two units. Almost everyone on the forum suggests it as a first or second pv.

Good luck and happy vaping.thumbup.gif

Thanks for the relief....I am still new to this and appreciate any help I can get when ordering. Feel much better about my order now and will look into the extras if this does not work for me. Already have trouble convincing the boss that this is the cheaper way to go as I bought 1 pack a week max @ about $6.50....still not sure I buy all of the "saving estimates" listed in the signatures of posters......maybe I'm doing something wrom=ng here, or the fact that I am not a "pack a day smoker " makes it seem more expensive this way...?

Either way, thanks for the reassurance on my purchase, really appreciate that.

Checked with Puresmoker and they are genuine eGo's. Now my suggestion for you would be to go over to VaporKings and get yourself a pk of the 2.0 LR empty cartomizers and maybe a pk of the regular cartomizers also. You will have to fill them every 3-4 hours depending on how much you vape, but it's better than the little cartos that need refilling every 15mins.

They also have the ego mega catros. If you want to give them a try. They hold almost 2mls of juice but they are a little harder to fill. (need a needle and syringe)

But your choice of an ego is a great choice. I think you will really like the difference between the two units. Almost everyone on the forum suggests it as a first or second pv.

Good luck and happy vaping.thumbup.gif

Is there a formula for the savings thing? I am not seeing that it is the $ savings that I was hoping for....

Still like it much better than the analog next day "hangover" that I get from being a weekend puffer.

Seems like me that you could spend about equally....guess it would be more apparent if I were a pack a day smoker?

I got my double set of Ego's from Puresmoker.com in Sept. for 49.99. They do this deal every once in awhile. It's AWESOME! 2 of everything!

jodie

Is there a formula for the savings thing? I am not seeing that it is the $ savings that I was hoping for....

Still like it much better than the analog next day "hangover" that I get from being a weekend puffer.

Seems like me that you could spend about equally....guess it would be more apparent if I were a pack a day smoker?

The smoke free meter in our signature calculates how much money we did not spend on analogs... it doesn't take into account how much we've spend on vaping supplies.  I know in one year of vaping, I've spent a little more than I would have spent smoking analogs, BUT, I have about 10 mods and enough supplies to last at least two years.  However, I would think if you just buy the necessities it would easily be cheaper.  For a lighter smoker, it will take longer to recapture the initial investment, but it should eventually pay off.  Say you can make a 5 pack of cartos last two weeks and you use one 10ml bottle of juice a week.  That would be about $13 a week ($26 every two weeks).  There can be a lot more cost early when you're trying to find what works for you.

Amen to that......what are the difinitive studies conclusions on this? Any word on the downside of PG / other chems used in the vape?

That chick on Letterman finally convinced me to look into this, someone should be paying her kickbacks for that episode /endorsement.....

Thanks to all for taking the time with us noobs.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Adding to Brian's post---Don't forget about the biggest savings of all....

Your health.

:thumbsup:

Edited by gtr

Amen to that......what are the difinitive studies conclusions on this? Any word on the downside of PG / other chems used in the vape?

That chick on Letterman finally convinced me to look into this, someone should be paying her kickbacks for that episode /endorsement.....

Thanks to all for taking the time with us noobs.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Since it's new, there are no definitive studies, especially on any potential long term affects.  Most of us are willing to take that chance and firmly believe that it's got to be better than smoking.

Could not agree more, just would like to hear that this is actually good for you!...and Cheeseburgers, while we are dreaming big!

yeah, money isn't much of a factor when you can breath and not worry about cancer.

GTR, It's good for you... and so are cheeseburgers!

THERE, YOU'VE HEARD IT!

Although I must say this as a disclaimer

******I'm just saying this, I have no proof, I'm not a doctor, I'm not part of a clinical study, nor have I read any research on the long term effects*******

I'm merely fulfilling your desire to hear it!

Happy Thanksgiving, Vaping, and all things flavorful!