Thankgiving Plans?

Just curious about how everyone plans to spend Turkey Day. We will be at my sister's, parents aren't coming up this year. Both of my kids will join us, daughter is making a Pumpkin Cheesecake with gingersnap crust, I will bake the bread and make the dressing. Cornbread Dressing YUM. Invited the MIL this year she has to check with the golden child, hubby's older brother, he may be alone that day. Sister's daughter, son and his fiance, the Wombat and maybe a guest. Small gathering. I hope everyone has a wonderful day and eats till we could bust.

I'm hosting Thanksgiving this year, as I have for the last six years. Since I am tired of cooking turkey, and some family members don't like it anyway, I had Mom and Grandma over last weekend to make 100 pierogies to have for the feast. I have 50 cheese and 50 meat. We will also have traditional mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, sweet potato casserole, salad, and birthday cake for dessert since it's my aunt's birthday as well that day. Should be fun, fun, fun! Hope everyone enjoys this no-pressure holiday.

We usually either have company or are the company, but this year we're doing a mellow yellow just us here at the old homestead play xbox and chill out all day day. The youngest loves loves loves the Stove Top Dressing, so even that part will be easy peasy lol. (Might make a fancier yummier mix inside the Turkey, we'll see).

Happy Holidays! I hope everyone has a great one.

My House is the land of misfits.

My Family is in California and Arizona and getting time off around the holidays is always impossible. My husband and the kids will be here (what, free food..).

Started out as a couple friends that all have family out of state and has since grown to 16-20 people. I can't stand for anybody to be alone on the holidays.

I love to cook and am very particular about the turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and yams---everybody else brings misc. odds and ends. I imagine alcohol will be involved.

I have never cooked for this many people before--so it will be interesting. especially as I have to work the night before.... sleep is over rated anyway.

I can't believe its almost Thanksgiving !!!

I am so thankful for all of you and being a non smoker for 18 months !!!!

It will be a quiet day here. Just me, my husband, one daughter, our son, our daughter-in-law, and four of our grandchildren. I always do the cooking...turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, stuffing, cherry salad (a 5 generation family tradition recipe), homemade dinner rolls, pumpkin pie, peanut clusters (another generational recipe tradition), homemade cherry mash candy, chex mix, and snack crackers. Simple, but very good.

MIL is coming this year, my mom is down in the dumps about not being here so who knows she may either drag dad up here or hop on the train and come alone.Sister and I talked it over and 1 of the neurosurgeons she works for is on call that day and is alone this year and since he's been a friend of mine for several years she's going to ask him too. We figured he knows my crew and the others will just be new friends. Have the menu divided up, picked the games, and the movie for the night. Either Unstoppable or Burlesque. All set to go.

Well for years we did the old spend a few hours at my parents house then a few at her's. Well since they are no longer with us we have been doing the turkey-day thing.

This year our daughter has decided to have it at her new place. In-laws are coming in from the Azors (sp) and the MIL is doing some of the cooking which will be interesting because she's from Portug.

So like most families everyone is bringing something. My contribution is pumpkin pie (YES).

So like most I will eat too much and then sit around like a lump playing with the grandkids.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and looking forward to hearing about your day the next time we get together.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Gotta work,and I think it's going to be busy. :thumbsdown:

My wife is going to a friends house for dinner,hopefully they will save something for me,if not we have turkeyburgers in the freezer.

Sorry Seaspine, I remember those days too well. I worked midnights so it messed up 2 days.We used to bring in the whole feast and eat it as we could. One year my hubby deep fried us a turkey and we pigged out. We were usually quiet until after all the footballs games finished. LOL ERs are strange.

I love food, just love it. And I like hearing about everybody's food plans! Pumpkin Cheesecake is my favorite food in the whole world. My birthday is in April, and it so happens that this past April, the U.S. was smack in the middle of a pumpkin shortage. Poor MrJaaxx went to 6 different grocery stores trying to find a can of pumpkin, and had to settle for sweet potato to make my birthday pie.

Having someone from a different culture bring some food is ALWAYS fun! On the 4th of July I was in NC with my sister-in-law and her husband's family, and his family is from Puerto Rico. They all brought dishes and music. It was delicious and so much fun trying all the new things.

Now I have to look up "pierogies."

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, and my parents kinda messed up my routine this year. They are going to go somewhere fun, just a little overnight getaway thing. They are doing Christmas dinner though, so I suppose that is okay. We are going to my other sister-in-law's house this year, and we have been assigned corn on the cob. Mr. Jaaxx is actually really excited that we are only going to one house this year. Ooh, and also he is making a cake like his Mimi used to make. This will be the first year without Mimi (and without a big dinner at her house), so it will feel kind of special to have a Mimi cake around.

This year the whole family (21 of us) is going out for Thanksgiving dinner... our first time. Lord help the servers, lol. Then later everyone is bringing a dessert to my mom's so we can pig out some more :)

I'm a vegetarian, so most of my Thanksgiving day consists of guarding my plate from my grandma & aunts, who spend THEIR day trying to convince me that I should "try a bite" of the turkey. I love those women, but if so much as a mince of meat touches my plate, someone's getting a fork in the nose! ;)

Hope everyone has a great day with their family, friends, or coworkers...

My current body count for dinner is up to 17 adults and 5 children. Apparently our misfit family is growing. will be very interesting--I have never cooked for this many people before.....

Thank goodness my Dad taught me how to cook for an army.....my Dad was a firm believer in lots and lots of leftovers.

I have to work the first part of the day. Still wondering why the heck we are open, no produce, no bakery and most of the holiday stuff is gone. But not complaining too much I will get holiday pay. I will get done early enough to still make dinner with my family. :thumbsup:

My family is getting together at my brothers house ( all 35 of us). I always look forward to the mushrooms stuffed with cream cheese, bacon and drizzled with melted butter. I can feel my arteries hardening already. :lol:

• 1 month later...

I WANT PIEROGIES. I went to Pa in June to a bike ralley. The hit of the 4 day bash was the older ladies from the churches selling their homemade wares. I think I gained 15 pounds. From glumpky's to puska, I had a blast.I think I even had a beer in there somewhere. I even have pics, tho most are not to be viewed by anyone, not even me.