Pro Vari High Volt Device

So while talking in chat someone mentioned this little guy. Single battery, adjustable voltage with a built in meter and all kinds of bells and whistles built in. Now THIS is cool.

Does anyone own the regular provape? Would give us a good idea how the Provari will function. Looks like they also offer a 1 year warranty. (We have no affiliation by the way, I just think this mod is neat)

Thoughts?

http://www.provape.com/category-s/36.htm

I have been wondering about the durability of it, When you said it had a 1yr warranty it confused me. But i checked out the web page and yeah it does have a 1yr warranty. The provape has a lifetime warranty. That's what confused me. I have been looking at provape-1 for for about an hour or so, they seem like incredible devices, well built and great vapor production. I just ordered the juice feeding device, fits all 510 connectors. going to check it out with a lr atty, if I like the performance, i'll just buy a pv-1 due to the life time warranty. Going to start a new topic on the juice feeding device by super t.

Edited by asmcriminal

Well I just ordered one. Anything past 3 months on a mod is impressive for a warranty. At the end of the day the more electronics the shorter the warranty. For $150 bucks, I would have spent that in a month on cigs. If it lasts a year it's money well spent. I've seen the work that goes into making a mod, it's not easy, especially not what this guy has done.

I'm not easily impressed but so far he's pretty much whipped his wang on the table and set the new standard. Let's hope it doesn't disappoint! I'll report back once my device arrives :)

This looks like it has great potential but I do wonder what the battery life will be like. After all, you are stepping up the voltage on a 3.7 source to 5.0V or more. I can see why this device finally has a reason to require High Drain batteries but if the battery drains in 2 hours, I don't think it would be that practical. However, if you get 6-8 hours from it or AT LEAST longer than the time it takes to charge your backup, this could be a candidate for "best mod available". What a great find!

I will wait until the first ones over the fence post up some reviews but will surely jump on it if the battery life is good.

Edited by Burn

I also share your concern about the battery life but in all honesty, personally, it's something I'd be willing to sacrifice. At the very least, I suppose this will step up the game for some of the mod creators.

I'll be honest I'm not experienced enough with high drain batteries. It's time for me to jump on the learning bandwagon - What are everyones experiences so far? My logical guess is, (and correct me if I'm wrong) high drain batteries are created for devices that require high amounts of power correct?

As soon as the unit arrives (Oliver says sometime in December) I'll be sure to post up some feedback.

EDIT: By the way I just posted a message to Oliver on Facebook asking about the battery life. I suggested 5 volts as a starting point.

The base ProVari can take a 18490 AW 1100 mAh cell.

Just for a sample, let's say we are using a 3ohm element at 4.2 volts - This comes out to about 12.68 hours.

3ohms at 4.5volts = 11.84 hours

3ohms at 4.8volts = 11.10 hours

3 ohms at 5.2volts = 10.24 hours

And if we crank it all the way up to 6.0volts (3 ohms) = 8.88 hours

On the other side, if you turn it down to 3.3volts = 16.15 hours

These will of course change depending on the resistance of the element. Lower resistance = less time. Higher resistance = more time.

Just for comparison, let’s swap in the big daddy 18650 that you can also use with the extension cap. This AW cell is a 1600 mAh.

3ohm at 4.2 volts = 18.45 hours.

3ohms at 4.5volts = 17.22 hours

3ohms at 4.8volts = 16.15 hours

3 ohms at 5.2volts = 14.90 hours

3 ohms at 6.0volts = 12.92 hours

And the 3.3volts on this one is 23.49 hours

The efficiency of our converter is running 95%, so very little energy is lost.

Depending on the reviews, this will probably be my next device. I've been holding off because most units are the same with tiny screwdrivers and having to guess what voltage you're at unless you hook it up to a meter. If this works the way it says it will then this guy has just upped the standard for all vari-volt mods. It will also cut down on sales of LR atty's and carto's since you wont need them with this unit. I'm really looking forward to this. Keep us informed Chris. You DA MAN!thumbsup.gif

What can I say I try :D

As QT stated the battery life looks good. Here is a direct quote from Oliver (The Maker) I also attached a picture of the unit.

Great question.

It’s got excellent battery life. Here are some estimates.

While these will vary by user (some people will use it more, some less per hour and some take longer drags or shorter drags, etc... These are just estimates based on the mAh of the battery, element resistance, voltage to the element and efficiency of the converter. Once those 4 items are calculated we get a total run time in minutes (as if the button was held down constantly). We then calculate the constant run time and figure out about how many times a minute the average user will take a puff. There’s also some fluctuation in there because the battery will recover a little in-between puffs.

Well just figure in the average user, unless all of you are heavy vaporers? :P

The base ProVari can take a 18490 AW 1100 mAh cell.

Just for a sample, let's say we are using a 3ohm element at 4.2 volts - This comes out to about 12.68 hours.

3ohms at 4.5volts = 11.84 hours

3ohms at 4.8volts = 11.10 hours

3 ohms at 5.2volts = 10.24 hours

And if we crank it all the way up to 6.0volts (3 ohms) = 8.88 hours

On the other side, if you turn it down to 3.3volts = 16.15 hours

These will of course change depending on the resistance of the element. Lower resistance = less time. Higher resistance = more time.

Just for comparison, let’s swap in the big daddy 18650 that you can also use with the extension cap. This AW cell is a 1600 mAh.

3ohm at 4.2 volts = 18.45 hours.

3ohms at 4.5volts = 17.22 hours

3ohms at 4.8volts = 16.15 hours

3 ohms at 5.2volts = 14.90 hours

3 ohms at 6.0volts = 12.92 hours

And the 3.3volts on this one is 23.49 hours

The efficiency of our converter is running 95%, so very little energy is lost.

I know when most of you first get the device, your going to be on it constantly so maybe I need to redo the chart

First week with the ProVari – (HEAVY use)

Second week with the ProVari (HEAVY use)

post-2-0-17801000-1289769697_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-17801000-1289769697_thumb.jpg

I have to wonder why it's only available with a 510 fitting. I love all the features it offers, but if I can't get it with an 801 fitting for use with my 302 atomizers, I'll have to take a pass on this one.

I have to wonder why it's only available with a 510 fitting. I love all the features it offers, but if I can't get it with an 801 fitting for use with my 302 atomizers, I'll have to take a pass on this one.

My guess is the popularity off 510 atomizers. As supplier, 302 atomizers barley move. Why not use an adapter? (Nice to see you on the board by the way! :D)

My guess is the popularity off 510 atomizers. As supplier, 302 atomizers barley move. Why not use an adapter? (Nice to see you on the board by the way! :D)

I've been on the board, just not as much to say lately. As I've said in the past, When I was using the standard 3.7v I thought the 510 was the ultimate. Now that I vape at higher voltages, I prefer the 302 and use it exclusively, and I've never been a big fan of adapters.:(

I absolutely love my Buzz. Even with the little screw drive I have it pretty well down. Once I measure the voltage, if I feel that I want to up it a little, I know a 180 degree twist will up it right at .2 volts, but most of the time I don't even adjust it. I have learned with the different resistance on the cartos it all comes out between 6 and 6.5 watts is where my sweet spot is and I adjust the voltage to make come out right.

My poor SB is feeling neglected, if I get this it might run away from home!

I couldn't tell you what my Buzz is currently set at. But, with each new carto I throw on, I may or may not tweak it one way or another to 'dial it in' perfectly. I find that every carto is just a little bit different than the last... so small adjustments make it that much better. It's just the way all e-cigs should, and will eventually, be made in the future I think. :thumbsup:

By the way... I forgot to say, I enjoy cartos.

Edited by DAYVAPE