What Should I Buy?

buzzinski21

hi everyone i purchased the blu electronic cigarette about two weeks ago and i wouldn't say it horrible but i would say there are way to many problems with it. Ive been smoking for about 5 years now and i smoke about 10 to 15 cigs a day (Marlboro reds). i am very mad about my blu cig purchase and im returning it but i need suggestions on what to buy so that i don't make the same mistake again. please comment suggestions on what i should get.thanks.

I have to backup jeffb. I bought the Blu as my first e-cig and all i can say is thank god for the 30 day money back guarantee! I took that money, added 20 or so bucks to it, and got myself a Tornado from Totally Wicked. The Tornado is the same thing as the eGo...we just get the cool devil logo on our stuff :D

I have to backup jeffb. I bought the Blu as my first e-cig and all i can say is thank god for the 30 day money back guarantee! I took that money, added 20 or so bucks to it, and got myself a Tornado from Totally Wicked. The Tornado is the same thing as the eGo...we just get the cool devil logo on our stuff :D

thanks alot for the suggestion and i was just about to ask about that website too. what are your opinions on the screwdriver on www.totallywicked.com

Welcome to VaporTalk, Buzzinski21`! I echo the eGo for recommendations. It's an awesome pv that has awesome flavor, great vapor and a fantastic battery life of about 8 hrs of hearty vaping. The ScrewDriver is a nice pv too! To learn more about it, check out GrimmGreen's video's on youtube.com Grimm's all time favorite is a SD. The SD has many sellers, I don't know one from another... who has which one. There's more than one type of SD though, of that I'm sure. :) The SD will probably suit you well, as you are a light smoker and it definitely has more ooomph than what you have now. Good luck and happy vaping!

I'm new to vaping and i purchased the Joye Ego... So i don't know anything else. But it is amazing and you can't go wrong with the ego

But the SD or something like it will be next purchase... Good luck and Happy Vaping! :thumbsup:

Edited by KaYoTiiC

I have the ego, it's nice. I was interested in the screwdriver after i bought the ego. The reason is, the ego batteries last like 3-6 months or so. Then you have to pay another 20-30 dollars for another battery. That's the down side.

The screw driver has a rechargeable battery, cost 10 bucks... probably 6 bucks for shipping and handling... I just noticed it takes a 901 atomizer, I think those ones leak a lot... so you might need a 901 to 510 connector...

here is a link to the screw driver... http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.com/products/the-original-screwdriver-products.html

dont beat yourself up over the blucig purchase.

I did the same thing, and when I purchased the blucig I had already accepted the fact it likely wouldn't be my last ecigarette purchase.

So I just looked at it as an "admission fee".

60.00 got me into the club.

I started on blu, was unhappy.. found the 510, got two and a passthru, now am eyeballing the EGO passthru.

atleast you skipped 510 all together.

I am not unhappy with the 510 at all, I do like the ego's longer battery life and 510 compatibility with carts/cartos/attys.

I like the small 510size, so I probably wont ditch my 510 all together.

P.S. I kept my blu cig kit.

the battery will drive (abliet slowly) a 510 atty.

the blue atty's work on 510 batteries for dripping

I've used a blue battery and a 510 atty while I was charging both my 510's.

I've used a blue battery when my pcc didn't charge one of my 510 batteries due to a bad connection.

(shuts up)

not to knock the other posts, but with out knowing what is important to you we cant really say "get this"

how long do you want the battery to hold a charge for?

how hard do you want it to hit?

What was it about the blu that you didn't like?

What price would you be fine with on batteries?

Is it a must that the device looks like a cigarette?

If size isn't a matter, look into some mods and see what you might want from that area and ask questions about them.

for standard buying the ego, riva, tornado, or volcano version of those is a typical buy.

I just ordered a 510 kit. What's the difference between the eGO and 510(manual) as far as value and throat hit??? I didn't know the eGO and the pigcig were alike...or are they?

I also bought 10 refillable carts - what about getting a drip tip? I'm already waiting on 40ml of e-liquid, should be here tomorrow or Monday.

Also, a drop is .5ml (to .6ml) - how can I calculate how much e-liquid to have on hand for a couple of weeks??? I ordered 40ml. Right now, I'm going through 2 carts/day (pre-packaged)...really bad stuff that came with my generic kit. I'm believing that the carts that came with my kit are bad - meaning, not strong enough. Does that make sense to anyone???

I bought my kit for 40 bucks locally - I guess I'm lucky. Already read about the mall kiosks and I've seen several websites that are charging $150 for a starter kit. That's such a ripoff. Then, there's the e-cig companies coming out like the Smiling Bob Enzyte commercials that take your credit card number and max ya' out.

Oh I also bought a couple of adapters already - 510 to 808? and reverse. They're cheap and I figured by the time I find what I like the best, they'll come in handy to do a lot of conversions for me.

Chicopee

Has anyone suggested the eGo? :rolleyes:

I would like to suggest the eGo :innocent:

The main difference between the 510 kit and the eGo is battery life. The standard 510 batteries will last 1-2 hours between charges (unless you're a very light vaper). The eGo batteries are bigger than the standard batteries and will last around 8 hours (most report 8+ hours). The eGo also uses the 510 attomizer so performance is similar. Also, if you're looking for better throat hit, you can use an LR atty on the eGo, but not on the regular batteries. The LR (Low Resistance) atty heat up faster and will give you more vapor and throat hit. It's designed to simulate vaping at higher voltages without having to buy a more expensive 5V device.

I would definitively check into getting a drip tip and try direct dripping (vid link below). Personally, I was never able to get good performance using carts. The eliquid would just stay in the cart. More often than not I was having to remove the cart and add 3-4 drops to it after every 5-6 drags, which is basically direct dripping. You don't have to have a drip tip to direct drip, but it helps.

What is Direct Dripping

It takes about 20 drops of eliquid to make 1 ml. Everyone vapes differently and uses different amounts of eliquid per week. I'm using about 15-20ml per week. Once you get started and see how much you use, you'll have a better idea how much you need to keep on hand.

Do you know what nic strength your carts are? What nic strength juice did you buy? I smoked about 1 1/2 packs of Marlboro Lights per day and I vape 24mg. If you don't feel like you're getting enough nic, you may want to step up a little.

Edited by Brian