Analoger Lookin For A Good Pv

9tailedfox

So I've been searching around online for a good quality e-cig, and I stumbled on VT. Figured I might as well get the veteran's opinions on a good PV. Looked through some of the noob posts for a while and saw that a lot of people are sayin "eGo is the way to go".

A friend of mine recommended Volcano e-cigs, and from searching online I found a lot of good reviews for the VaporTokers Fatty. I'm kinda liking the Volcano Inferno because one of the batteries is a usb passthrough, and I'm near my computer most of the time. Hell, I've got a usb lighter adapter in my car to charge my mp3 player while I'm driving, and it'd be nothing to unplug my player while I'm takin a few drags off the e-cig. I'd really like to know if anybody's tried either the VaporTokers Fatty or the Volcano Infreno, and what they thought of it.

My main concern with an e-cig is I don't want it diein on me when I'm away from my charger. Most of the time I smoke about half a pack a day, though sometimes, especially if I'm out drinking, I'll smoke a lot more. I want something that isn't gonna crap out on me when I need a smoke (or vape). The Volcano inferno sounds just about perfect to me, but I'd like to hear some other opinions before I shell out the money to get one.

Was also wondering if anybody has an opinion on these: http://www.volcanoecigs.com/cartomizers.html or http://www.volcanoecigs.com/mega-cartomizers.html

They're apparently cartomizers that use ceramic instead of cotton to hold ejuice.

So what do the VTrans have to say? Joye eGo, VaporTokers Fatty, or Volcano Inferno?

I may be wrong but I think the Volcano is like a Blu. I started with that and it was a bust. Spend a few extra bucks now on eGo or 510 mega and you will not only save in the long run, for me 2 weeks, but also be much happier with a quality long lasting unit. For a few bucks more the eGo XL is awesome. I use all day and charge at night while I'm sleeping, never lets me down. Hubby uses my 520 ie 510 mega and is very happy attys are interchangable on this and eGo so I switch back and forth. The eGo is the go to PV for most of us with good reason. Money well spent.

For me, I prefer the Ego still--the ego battery is much better than the volcano in terms of battery life between charging. The pen style units need to be charged frequently. There are many inexpensive 510 passthroughs that are very good. perfect for computer or car !! The ego also does have a passthrough.

no help with the ceramic atomizers, sorry.

You know if battery life is the most important thing for you, I would suggest either a mod or an Ego, I think that for someone that is new an Ego is probably your best bet. I do not know much about the volcano product line, so I can't help much there, but I know that an Ego will last you most of the day if not all day.

Welcome to vaportalk :icecream:

I agree with the others. The XL lasts all day of moderate vaping, and comes in a variety of colors. The USB eGo will last most of the workday without charge, and then you can vape it while charging. It too comes in a variety of colors. The regular eGo lasts the workday and then is charged fast on it's own fast charger (2 hrs!). The XL and the USB also can be charged on the fast charger. They have Mega Attys, Mega Cartos, Mega this, Mega that... which makes for awesome Mega vaping!

We're experienced with the eGo, love it, and swear by it. Don't really know about the Inferno except it's pretty. :)

Hopefully somebody who has an eGo will get an Inferno and be able to compare them side by side, their strengths and weaknesses. Stealth might be one persons strength and another's weakness, so they're all basically strengths, just different.

Q: Fatty or the Volcano Infreno, and what they thought of it.

A: both look like riva ecigs just rebranded. riva is a good ecig. i don't know anything about the fattys brand name but volcanoecigs was where i started with this whole thing. back then they didn't have the infereno but i used the magma. the magma takes 510 attys and cartos.

Q: Was also wondering if anybody has an opinion on these: http://www.volcanoecigs.com/cartomizers.html or http://www.volcanoecigs.com/mega-cartomizers.html

A: first link is for the smallest of their line, don't get. other link is the 510, at $12 i say give them a shot but don't go buying a crazy amount of them. you can get cartos at $1 a pop usually that have the fiber filling and thats what i use all day.

Q: So what do the VTrans have to say? Joye eGo, VaporTokers Fatty, or Volcano Inferno?

A: everyone here will say ego. we all know they perform very well. as for me i'd skip the fatty and either do ego or inferno. (in this line up)

I may be wrong but I think the Volcano is like a Blu. I started with that and it was a bust. Spend a few extra bucks now on eGo or 510 mega and you will not only save in the long run, for me 2 weeks, but also be much happier with a quality long lasting unit. For a few bucks more the eGo XL is awesome. I use all day and charge at night while I'm sleeping, never lets me down. Hubby uses my 520 ie 510 mega and is very happy attys are interchangable on this and eGo so I switch back and forth. The eGo is the go to PV for most of us with good reason. Money well spent.

the smallest model is the same as the blu, BUT, their quality seems better and you don't have the shipping/return issues that blu has/had.

---

i haven't finished this guide but its well on its way.

check it out.

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/forum/topic/8803-the-noobie-guide/

I've never tried either. But it looks like from the research that they are basically the same. The Inferno and the eGo both have the same fittings so are compatible with 510 attys etc.

IF that is the case, It kind of looks like (from your comments) the Inferno kit has a little more of what you are looking for. And to be honest, I like the finish on the Inferno better. Very cool diamond finish.

I searched for reviews on line (youtube) and the Volcano reviews are almost all produced by Volcano. Very few impartial reviews if any. Tons of reviews on the eGo.

You will always run into the question about whether or not the Inferno are true Joye batteries or lesser quality. Everyone here knows how long an eGo will last. But For $59 on the Inferno, it looks like it might be worth a try if the Inferno kit is more to your liking. If the USB connector on the bottom of the battery is what you are looking for, I'd probably go for it.

(of course, if money is no object, you could always go for the Precise or hold out for production of the ShockWave http://forcedfuel50.fatcow.com/id78.html . ) sorry.... slip into dreamstate. :sleeping:

I yield this opinion to anyone out there that has experience with either or both.

Edited by HyOnLyph

So I think I'm gonna go with the Ego. Found a starter kit of a 650 ego bat and a 650 pt ego bat, with the usual charger etc on cignot for about the same price as the Inferno. Only downside is the Inferno is a 1000 bat and a 650 pt.

My main concern is battery life. How long do the 650 bats usually last? When you say the bat will last 8-9 hours is that 8 hours of constant use, or 8 hours of vape till your nic craving is gone, set it down for a while and come back when another craving hits? I just want to make sure that 2 charged bats will last through a concert, night at the bar, etc. I don't want to have to run to the car to get my nic fix in the middle of a concert, and miss a lot of the show.

So I think I'm gonna go with the Ego. Found a starter kit of a 650 ego bat and a 650 pt ego bat, with the usual charger etc on cignot for about the same price as the Inferno. Only downside is the Inferno is a 1000 bat and a 650 pt.

My main concern is battery life. How long do the 650 bats usually last? When you say the bat will last 8-9 hours is that 8 hours of constant use, or 8 hours of vape till your nic craving is gone, set it down for a while and come back when another craving hits? I just want to make sure that 2 charged bats will last through a concert, night at the bar, etc. I don't want to have to run to the car to get my nic fix in the middle of a concert, and miss a lot of the show.

At cignot it looks like you can upgrade to the 900mah battery for $4.

Most people report 6-8 hours under heavy use for the regular eGo battery. That does not mean constant vaping, but pretty heavy use. Many report 8-12+ hours.

At cignot it looks like you can upgrade to the 900mah battery for $4.

Most people report 6-8 hours under heavy use for the regular eGo battery. That does not mean constant vaping, but pretty heavy use. Many report 8-12+ hours.

Looks like cignot is down for a couple hours doin site maintenance or something. I'll have to check back in a bit. I know the pt is like a $2 upgrade. if there's a $4 upgrade to the 1000 bat, I'm definitely gettin it

Looks like cignot is down for a couple hours doin site maintenance or something. I'll have to check back in a bit. I know the pt is like a $2 upgrade. if there's a $4 upgrade to the 1000 bat, I'm definitely gettin it

LOL! Back up around 2pm CST. That may be worse than waiting for the mailman. :)

When I was looking at the eGo kits yesterday they did have the upgrade options for the 900 and 1000 mah battery. You'll be sitting pretty. :thumbsup:

LOL! Back up around 2pm CST. That may be worse than waiting for the mailman. :)

When I was looking at the eGo kits yesterday they did have the upgrade options for the 900 and 1000 mah battery. You'll be sitting pretty. :thumbsup:

with 1000 mah bat and 650 mah pt, it's all of $2 more than the Inferno shipped. definitely worth the $2 if the ego's as good as everybody says it is.

Will probably order in the next few days to a week. want to save the money to get attys, carts, the whole nine yards so I don't have to screw around goin back to analogs while I'm waitin for parts to show up.

The Ego really is that good !!!

The 650 will easily get you through a night out--the 2nd would just be a back up. the 900's and 1000's will get you through to mornining. This is with fairly consistent vaping. When I'm out its always in my hand (even added a wrist strap so I don't drop it). I usually just change out the battery each night--haven't actually had one die on me in a very long time (forgot to switch out before work). Thats why: backups, backups, backups.....

I always keep a spare battery, atomizer (or 2), liquid with me or at the very least near by.