Nicotine In Exhaled Vapor

CoffinLess

Had visit from daughter that absolutely hated me smoking - she is the typical nag about smoking. But now she is happy for me as a non-smoker and new vaper. But she had a question while I sat near her vaping inside my home and not freezing alone out on the porch ---- How much nicotine would she be inhaling from my exhaled vapour?? Something that I have never considered!! Anyone have any suggestions?

I guess that would depend on how strong your juice was.

I would be suprised if she was getting any nicotine unless she was activly inhaling while you exhaled.

If you were vaping 24 mg/ml juice, and were direct dripping you have 1/3rd of a ml juice in your atty with 8 mg of nicotine.I get around 5 drags off 3 drips so now your around 1.6 mg,lets say you adsorb half that your at 0.8 mg.now most of your vape is going to fall to the ground after it cools but, lets say she inhales 1/2 of your exhale your down to 0.4 mg of nicotine.

so there you go in a scenero where all my estimets are high she will inhale 0.4 mg nicotine per your single exhale.

no official studies have been done on this. Its is known that the lungs metabolize nicotine quickly and wouldn't be leaving much behind. however, it's best if she isn't breathing the vapor directly. it dissipates fairly fast.

I have been vaping around my father--whose had a lung transplant--and ex smoker (20+years ago)-he says he doesn't notice anything and usually can't even smell the vapor. I just don't blow it in his face......

I have young kids and as nobody really knows, I make a point to go to another room and not vape in front of them. Because they are young children (3yrs and 7 months) I also am discreet about it as they are impressionable. However, safety and security first, I just go into another room, it sure beats going outside. I don't think it would be very much but I don't know so I prefer to do it safely.

There was a study that was done in New Zealand last year (I know really reliable :rolleyes2: I'm not even going to post the link to it) that said there was an infinitesimal amount left from exhaling; that our lungs absorb the nicotine almost instantly.

I would love to see an extensive study done on this. I think the results would be very positive.

• 1 month later...

I noticed something different the other day while vaping. I had the shades open, and super bright sunshine was streaming through the windows into the room. This illuminated the vape more than ever before, and was surprised to see how long the vapor lasted, and how far it traveled in the room. I mean it reminded me of cigarette smoke! In any lesser light, you'll never see this, and vapor seems to dissapear in seconds, but this told me a different story. So even if its minimal, I'm wondering if others are in more contact with what we vape than we think ...

From what I've read and learned the amount of nic in a draw off an e-cig is minimal and mostly absorbed quickly so what you're seeing is the pg or vg vapor and not the nicotine.

I don't believe you'll be doing anyone harm with the vapor. It really depends on the temp and humidity in the area as to how long the vapor will linger. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

From what I've read and learned the amount of nic in a draw off an e-cig is minimal and mostly absorbed quickly so what you're seeing is the pg or vg vapor and not the nicotine.

I don't believe you'll be doing anyone harm with the vapor. It really depends on the temp and humidity in the area as to how long the vapor will linger. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

No worries. Personally I always thought that the dangers of 2nd hand analog smoke was blown out of perportion, so I'm not concerned about this. I guess I was more just making a comment on noticing how the vapor can be seen lingering for several minutes if illuminated the right way, and like you say, under the right conditions.

Not to mention I think it's the hundreds and thousands of other chemicals and gases released via the burning of a cigarette that contribute most negatively to others' health; not so much the nicotine itself.

• 1 month later...

My experience of using electric cigarettes have been awesome, am able to go smoking using my favorite brand in waht ever taste i feel like. Electric Cigarettes surely are the best alternatives when it comes down to smoking......

I love watching the vapor in the sunbeams and most of the time it disappears right away. Sometimes it hangs but no where for as long as smoke does. (like about a minute compared to 10). I think it depends on how wet the cart filler or carto is... and which is why the filler-less cartos and juiceboxes are being made and improved every day. Nobody likes a lingering doubt.

• 9 months later...