Faa Issues Fire Warning For Lithium Batteries

Christopher

Well, at least they didn't mention e-cigs in the article. The thing of it is a passenger can hardly bring themselves on board an aircraft these days there are so many rules. Just do not ever put your pet in cargo. Sorry for being esoteric. :)

I caught this article the other day. I thought it was quite interesting. So if they can't go by plane, then I guess that means more business for trucks, trains and boats. The downside would be longer shipping times.

I had to ship back my satellite equipment this week. :( The instructions on the return package specifically said not to ship the batteries back with the remotes. I am sure they don't want to receive a bunch of used batteries they can't reuse. But I wouldn't be surprised if the other part was due to shipping restrictions on batteries.

edit - had to look up the word "esoteric" - agree nice word. I agree no pets in cargo.

Edited by BirdDog

• 1 month later...

With all these fancy words flying around, I don't see why a poor little little ole battery shouldn't be able to at least ride in the cargo area! Have there been any reports of people not being able to take their e-cigs on planes? If not, I imagine it will only be a matter of time before that become a contravensive action.